Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 08:36 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I would feel sorry for him if I did not think he was so dirty. i know I should forgive the politicians who have been robbing us blind for decades, but it is difficult. I will keep trying to fell sorry for him.

However, yes, it is clear he is done. He seems worse with every public appearance. I do not see any likelihood that he will get nominated. Still he will likely use the money and support he has collected to throw behind someone else (probably Buttegieg) and get himself a or one of his kids a choice job if the democrats win. they will likely stick him into one of the Ambassador positions that do not matter, so he can go there, fell important get treated like he is special and collect more tax dollars for the rest of his life.

ooops, there I go, not feeling sorry for him again. Got to work on that.

Oh and pardon me for answering as I am not really a republican. I am more of an independent, but I find myself stuck supporting/voting for mostly republicans lately. Really I probably should be a libertarian, except they seem kind of wacky.
FYI. He only has one kid left.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:41 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
feel sorry for him? nah, he had a lip lock on the public spigot for 44 years, he can't accept his time is up.

He reminds me of Homer Simpson's dad these days. 20 years ago his Achilles heel was he was too liberal, now he's too conservative for many. That's why we have a President Trump. Dems haven't figured that out yet.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:42 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I hate to tell you (but I will), a big reason that the working class (who hold the plurality of the vote in America) shake their head at liberal elitists is that they (liberals) characterize a $9 million net worth as merely "comfortable. Please learn how out-of-touch that makes you, and others who parrot that remark, sound to the average hard-working American with a high school diploma, a family income of $50Kish, and perhaps $5,000 in the bank for emergencies, if that.
I personally know hard working people with 9th grade educations who worked all their lives as Janitors , auto workers, and teamsters who have over $250,000 in the bank that they don't need. That's why they vote for Democrats like Biden. People who don't look down their nose at them. People who know them. Too many Republicans will look at these guys in their $25,000 house and pity them.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I personally know hard working people with 9th grade educations who worked all their lives as Janitors , auto workers, and teamsters who have over $250,000 in the bank that they don't need. That's why they vote for Democrats like Biden. People who don't look down their nose at them. People who know them. Too many Republicans will look at these guys in their $25,000 house and pity them.
You can always come up with exceptions, but generally, those with high school diplomas average incomes and net worth far less than the educated class, and they do indeed take offense when Democrats refer to them as morons in flyover country, or otherwise refer to those in the working class as uneducated idiots.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:15 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Maybe it's my "too-soft" female heart, but I'm starting to really feel sorry for Biden. He used to be a seemingly nice guy able to articulate his thoughts fairly well, but now he's turning into an ornery old man, snapping at and insulting potential voters, and fumbling words repeatedly. (His latest was to say that Nevada and New Hampshire were in the rearview mirror, when of course he meant Iowa). FWIW, I suspect the stress of the campaign, and the revelation about his son Hunter's riches from the corrupt Ukrainian company, is making his very apparent age-related cognitive decline (and perhaps even early signs of dementia) more pronounced.

He looks like he has aged 10 years, with a pallor that makes him look sick, in the past several months, and now we have him fleeing NH in advance of a humiliating primary loss. He's trying desperately to hold on, with the hopes that "his" African-Americans (he did seem possessive of them in the last debate) will swoop down to rescue him in South Carolina.

To quote a favorite Trump phrase: so sad. How many of my fellow Republicans feel sorry for him (he did lose his first wife and infant daughter in a car crash, and then his lost his adult son Beau recently), and think he should just step down to save his sanity and enjoy his remaining years stress-free?

I'm with you. I do feel a bit bad for him. Sure , he says and does some stupid things once in a while but overall I don't think he is an evil person. He should bow out gracefully and spend the rest of his life with his family.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:39 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times
I think the American people were smart enough to see that the whole Ukraine mess and Impeachment really put the Biden family in a bad light. Biden was quoted saying the owner of Burisma was a "solid guy". Come to find out this "solid guy" took off with $23 million $$$$$ in 2014 when Russia attacked Ukraine, and was later acquitted for lack of evidence even though there was millions of $$$ in his frozen accounts. He was indicted in Ukraine last November for "theft of government funds" and has once again fled the country with a bunch of money and was suspected to be in Monaco now. It really looks like to me that the USA's "financial aid" to Ukraine was simply divided up among their elite with kickbacks to the Biden family for making it happen and keeping the corruption investigation off Burisma and Hunter Bidens' back.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:45 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
FYI. He only has one kid left.
No, he has two left. He and Jill have a daughter together--Ashley, currently 38 years old.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:46 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
I only feel a little sorry for him because he and/or his wife, family, & staff should know that he just doesn't have it anymore. He's too slow, has lost his edge, and should be off fishing or building bird houses in his garage.

That he still thinks he could handle the rigors of being president only shows that his ego is working better than his brain.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:47 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
I feel sorry for the children he's interacted with, so no problem watching him suffer....
Given what we've seen him do in public, I shudder to think what he may have done in private.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:51 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
2020 is biden's third time at bat and he's never had a single hit.

he never won a single primary in 1988, 2008, or 2020.

that is pretty sad...

but, for 40 years he made himself and his family filthy rich by spreading his message to help the 'common folk'.

biden is a complete fraud.
Funny how that works isn't it. Same with the Clintons, Obama, Pelosi, just to name a few. They've become filthy rich by way of public servant. Amazing.

In regards to Biden,

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ervice-agents/

Quote:
It’s not okay that Harvey Weinstein did it. It’s not okay that Charlie Rose did it. But when we learned in 2014 that then-Vice President Joe Biden exposed his naked body to women in the Secret Service, the media didn’t care. And the media still don’t care because Orange Man Bad.

In his New York Times best-seller, The First Family Detail, award-winning investigative reporter Ronald Kessler revealed that “Biden has a habit of swimming in his pool nude. Female Secret Service agents find that offensive.”

He added, “Because of Biden’s lack of consideration as evidenced by that habit and his refusal to give agents advance notice of his trips back home, being assigned to his detail is considered the second worst assignment in the Secret Service after being assigned to protect Hillary Clinton.”
One agent told Kessler, “Biden likes to be revered as everyday Joe, and that’s his thing. But the reality is no agents want to go on his detail because Biden makes agents’ lives so tough.”
Kessler elaborated further in a television interview.

“Biden likes to swim nude both at his Vice President’s residence in Washington and also at his home in Wilmington which he goes back to several times a week … and this offends female Secret Service agents,” he told Fox News’s Sean Hannity. “They signed up to take a bullet for the President as you said but they didn’t sign up to — they certainly didn’t sign up to see Biden naked. It is offensive, it’s abusive.”
Who would do such a thing?
This is like hiring a maid and walking around the house nude because that’s what you did before you hired the maid.
There is nothing wrong with skinny-dipping … in private, and I can sympathize with those who lose their privacy when security is necessary. But no one forced Joe Biden to accept the role of vice president. He knew the deal going in, and to expose his naked body to female Secret Service agents is not only disrespectful and arrogant, it reeks of a perverse exploitation and abuse of power.
Naturally, the fake establishment media ignored the story at the time, just as they are now ignoring and even excusing Biden’s well-documented and very creepy predilection for inappropriately touching young women and children.

Two women have already come forward to accuse Biden of inappropriately touching them, and there are countless photos and video clips of Biden creeping out women and children with unwanted touching, nuzzling, and kissing. But media elitists such as Meghan McCain, Mika Brzezinski, and Alyssa Milano still defend him.
But this has nothing to do with principle on their part. We all know that if even one video existed of President Trump, Clarence Thomas, or Brett Kavanaugh doing this…
If that wasn't disturbing enough, in this clip, Biden not only touches a young woman but smells her hair, kisses her, whispering something into her ear, only to tell her "see you back home, I hope" after visibly creeping out her and who I assume is her mother. pic.twitter.com/WrFLWmAPFJ
— Richard Armande Mills (RAM) (@RAMRANTS) November 13, 2017

…or this…
As former VP, Biden had a habit of smelling the hair of women and (particularly) little girls. In this clip, he fixes the hair of a little girl, conveniently placing his hands near her chest area. Her and the other young girl beside her clearly seem uncomfortable by it all. pic.twitter.com/fpER7WB604
— Richard Armande Mills (RAM) (@RAMRANTS) November 13, 2017

or any of this
…it would be all over and everyone knows it.
Hey, if the media want to fly cover for Creepy Joe now, that’s fine with me.
I would much rather this be litigated during the general election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies