Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM

15,820 posts, read 6,527,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While I don't support that, it would be better than interfering in the sentencing, and better than using DOJ to to overturn justice. If he wants to pardon Stone, he should own the decision and face the consequences!
Exactly. The fact that he has the power to pardon doesn't excuse this behavior. But he prefers to take an action he can cover up, rather than exercising his Constitutional power. It's a similar story to the Ukraine situation. Why ask the DoJ to investigate Biden impartially, when you can threaten and bride a foreign President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 09:15 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
The answer is YES ! Yes and more Yes - why bother to have court at all? Treat all inmates alike and let them all loose ! Save prison money, reduce population via murders and build higher walls for the rich folks homes- well there’s plenty of white collar criminals too. And yey- every one can carry their weapon ! Wild Wild West. Why not !

Old 02-12-2020, 09:16 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
This is what fascism looks like.
Yep. Independent judiciary? Separation of powers? In the past.

Trump followers have given up on the idea of a republic in favor of a strong man.

I was wrong about Trump - I called him a Berlusconi, but even Berlusconi wasn't this blatant. Trump wants to be il Duce, and his followers are cheering him on.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
The right to intervene comes with the job
It astounds me that Obama could order BP to bus and release thousands of illegal kids on the streets of murietta with fake court dates and you smile and cheer and then accuse trump of abuse of power

Old 02-12-2020, 09:17 AM

8,491 posts, read 4,552,009 times
This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:19 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This is the most corrupt administration in my lifetime.
If you are 3 years old, then I agree with you.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:23 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Given all we have learned that was done (FBI, DOJ, Intel, etc)that was close to or even over the line, I would be glad if AG Barr gave everyone who was investigated, hounded, wiretapped, charged, prosecuted, etc in the whole mess a do over with competent objective people reviewing and doing what is right. And if they (those investigated/prosecuted) are guilty of breaking the laws, then they deserve prosecution, trial, etc. If they are not determined to be guilty of crimes then they deserve to be on a published list of cleared people.

After seeing how much wrong was done, I would be on the side of doing what is right even if it calls for a do over. If that is what AG Barr is doing, I am for it. and there is no way I would know what is really going on in that arena so I am willing to watch and wait.

I also would be OK with AG Barr investigating the conduct of so called professional civil servants and applying remedy as needed. if needed. and I don't mean everyone sit in a 1 hour class.

There are so many bad players that the only one I trust is AG Barr and maybe the Intel IG I think it was. And I am not sure I trust them until I see their actions over some time.

Too much shadiness goings on leads to need to shine a light and kick over a rock or two. Our country and its people deserve that.
It is the job of the independent, non-political Inspector General (IG) to investigate these kinds of issues. Barr could ask them to do that.

When Barr does the investigation himself, it will be biased because he was appointed by Trump and he agrees with everything Trump wants. He cannot be an unbiased investigator.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:24 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The right to intervene comes with the job
George III nods in agreement. He was wholeheartedly of your way of thinking when it came to independent courts.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:25 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It is the job of the independent, non-political Inspector General (IG) to investigate these kinds of issues. Barr could ask them to do that.

When Barr does the investigation himself, it will be biased because he was appointed by Trump and he agrees with everything Trump wants. He cannot be an unbiased investigator.
The issue is worse than that. Barr's view of the Executive is that he (along with everyone else) has an obligation to do whatever Trump wants, even if it means being a biased investigator or prosecutor.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:28 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
The Republican Party has MORE power than the Democrat Party, and the Republicans are using it. It's about time. Hooray!

If you don't like it, get a new President elected. We put up with Obama for 8 years, and you are only 3 years into Trump, so get used to it because you could have 5 more years to go.

Most American voters feel the Republicans are going to gain even more power in November, and that political power does not even include the 189 Federal Judges Trump put on the bench for the next 20+ years. If the American voters are right, and the Orange Alpha Male is re-elected, he could wind up seating 400+ Federal Judges, and 4 Supreme's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies