Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 11:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Technically it's the voters in her district's business. Right?

I mean, I can't believe Hank Johnson and Steve King keep getting re-elected but I have no business telling other folks how they should vote.
This is kind of how I feel.

But in this case she's putting on a big show about peace and then refuses to address her gross error in judgement.

You can't have peace with both sides jumping to conclusions about each other.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I never said that. I am pointing out that there is antisemitism among Democrats. Leftists are VERY eager to denounce anyone who points it out, and for one reason: the entire strategy of Democrats revolves around painting Republicans as Nazis and bigots. How then can that strategy be successful if people point out the bigotry among Democrats?
Ah, so now it's not just liberals, but all Democrats and Leftists, too. (Pssst, there is anti-Semitism among Conservatives and Republicans, too. A fact you seem to continually ignore in your never-ending quest to denigrate all liberals as anti-Semites.)

Your entire strategy is to paint anyone who disagrees with your rabid "liberal anti-Semitism under every rock" hunt as a liberal anti-Semite. You do it again and again and again. You whine about liberals painting conservatives a certain way, all the while you are doing exactly the same thing to liberals. It demonstrates a total lack of self-awareness on your part.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is kind of how I feel.

But in this case she's putting on a big show about peace and then refuses to address her gross error in judgement.

You can't have peace with both sides jumping to conclusions about each other.
Thank you, Moneill. YOU are the one liberal I alluded to above - the single liberal who "gets" my point and refused to lambast me for pointing out Tlaib's hypocrisy (or to use your phrase, "gross error in judgement").

I have newfound respect for you.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Yeah I'm not sure Democrats have the market on anti-Antisemitism.

TruNews -- recently given press credentials by The White House -- is a really good example of the anti-Antisemitism that exists among conservatives.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:08 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah I'm not sure Democrats have the market on anti-Antisemitism.

TruNews -- recently given press credentials by The White House -- is a really good example of the anti-Antisemitism that exists among conservatives.
Uh, oh, you have just reverted to a liberal anti-Semite in the OP's eyes now.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:36 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
She's a monster dressed like a woman.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:39 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
I have a question:

How long will this forum tolerate members whose sole purpose here is to promote ethnic propaganda in support of a foreign nation? Over, and over and over again.

It's the equivalent of political spam.

Its almost like they aren't Americans.

Advice to Jews here: it builds less support than you think, and may have a net opposite effect. The common posters simply aren't smart enough to frame their issues and interactions here in ways that avoid looking racially aggressive and hypocritical.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:59 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I have a question:

How long will this forum tolerate members whose sole purpose here is to promote ethnic propaganda in support of a foreign nation? Over, and over and over again.

It's the equivalent of political spam.

Its almost like they aren't Americans.

Advice to Jews here: it builds less support than you think, and may have a net opposite effect. The common posters simply aren't smart enough to frame their issues and interactions here in ways that avoid looking racially aggressive and hypocritical.
The site s owner name surely sounds like a classic "dual citizen" name.(polish) I would be interested toknow how they could have cia factbook level information about each zip code of the country.

Old 02-13-2020, 01:12 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
It's not like this is news. Talib's anti-Semitism has been known for years, as has her continuing support for Islamic terrorists. Particularly Palestinian ones with their reign of terror against innocent Israelis. They have vowed the genocide of the people of Israel and denied the nation the right to exist for decades now.

Old 02-13-2020, 01:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You seem more annoyed at the Jew than you are at the damage Tlaib did in perpetuating a "blood libel" accusation in her effort to drum up more hate for Israel.

Lots of double standards all over the place. It all goes back to liberals' "protected" minorities - of which Muslims are one, and Jews are not.
You're projecting.

I'm not "annoyed" at either party. I'm simply unsurprised at the result given the information I have about the "who"s and the "what"s.

No double-standard here, sister. You're barking up the wrong tree. In my book no religion is more "protected" than any other. Can you say the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies