Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 06:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I'd be interested to hear the reasons why that is a war we don't want for any reason. I have my reasons, like war being murder, initiations of force are immoral no matter what, and all that anarchist stuff, but I'd like to know why Iran, specifically, is a war the US wouldn't want.
Because we ain’t gonna win it just like we aren’t winning any of these other wars. How many losing wars should the United States sink itself into before realizing that these wars are futile.

And if you’re gonna bother with any analysis that says we don’t need to put troops on the ground, then please don’t waste my time. I’m not gonna even entertain that kinda mindless foolishness.

Wars are won with ground troops, and smart weapons and airstrikes don’t win wars. So if you’re not gonna start on that premise, miss me with whatever it is you’ve got to say.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:15 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Just keep squeezing them more and more economically, until they collapse financially, and the citizens (many of whole hate the Ayotallahs) can take back their country from the religious radicals.

Iran's economy is almost entirely dependent upon oil, and we are restricting those sales a lot. Eventually, they'll need to attack us, or starve to death, and then we can lower the boom on them.
If sanctions were a solution then North Korea would have collapsed long ago. We came very close to an escalation with Iran, this is not a game.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies