Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 04:45 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
I was not familiar with the weapons that take 100 clips, but it appears that they do in fact exist. See again the video of VP Joe Biden that I posted in post #1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No such thing. He snookered all you people into believing that load of crap. Show me an actual picture of such a weapon. It doesn’t frigging exist. The only continuous firing weapon is a belt fed machine gun. And I have those for sale for the right price. A 1919 Browning .30 machine gun for $13000.
Yes it does exist. Joe Biden said so, and I believe him. No I don't have a picture of it. Do you have a picture of Moses? No. Did Moses exist? Yes. YOU prove that the gun with 100 clips DOES NOT exist.

Why would anyone outside the military need a machine gun that shoots over 1900 bullets? Even police don't need such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 04:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Yes it does exist. Joe Biden said so, and I believe him. No I don't have a picture of it. Do you have a picture of Moses? No. Did Moses exist? Yes. YOU prove that the gun with 100 clips DOES NOT exist.

Why would anyone outside the military need a machine gun that shoots over 1900 bullets? Even police don't need such a thing.
Nope, it doesn’t exist. I have been a dealer for over 30 years and it doesn’t exist. Biden is talking out of his ass. And machine guns are legal to own. And I said before, if I want, then I need it. That’s the beauty of living in a free society. If I want to own a machine gun, then I can. But I go one step further, I also sell them.

Old 02-22-2020, 04:53 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
The high weapons style clip is simply a clip designed to kill as many people as possible, in the briefest time possible. Does this answer your question?
Since the largest "clips" only hold 8 to 10 rounds, what's the beef?
If you're referring to magazines, single drums, like those on the old Thompson submachine gun held 50 to 100 rounds.

And, yes, why else would you use a gun if not to kill those who are attacking you or your property?
A stern rebuke won't stop them.
As to the number of bullets being 'high capacity', what would you rather have, if you were in your automobile, surrounded by 10 - 20 people pounding on it and trying to get to you and kill you and your family?
THREE ROUNDS = YOU'RE DEAD, FRED.

Be honest, all this talk of gun control is because you're AFRAID of guns more than you're afraid of the villains who will attack you, armed or not. And that is foolish. Of course, you also might be an ally of predators, seeking to disarm their prey. Which one are you? Fool or stooge?

Old 02-22-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Since the largest "clips" only hold 8 to 10 rounds, what's the beef?
If you're referring to magazines, single drums, like those on the old Thompson submachine gun held 50 to 100 rounds.

And, yes, why else would you use a gun if not to kill those who are attacking you or your property?
A stern rebuke won't stop them.
As to the number of bullets being 'high capacity', what would you rather have, if you were in your automobile, surrounded by 10 - 20 people pounding on it and trying to get to you and kill you and your family?
THREE ROUNDS = YOU'RE DEAD, FRED.

Be honest, all this talk of gun control is because you're AFRAID of guns more than you're afraid of the villains who will attack you, armed or not. And that is foolish. Of course, you also might be an ally of predators, seeking to disarm their prey. Which one are you? Fool or stooge?
He is a troll.

Old 02-22-2020, 05:17 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He is a troll.
Thank you for the kind words of support. Insults are high praise and a sign of capitulation. I blush.

Old 02-22-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Thank you for the kind words of support. Insults are high praise and a sign of capitulation. I blush.
I have to believe that no one is that obtuse regarding firearms, though I could be wrong.

Old 02-22-2020, 05:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Duly noted. I have also forwarded this info to Shannon Watts and Moms Demand Action to see if a movement to ban the 'long slide,' whatever that might be, is feasible. I had not heard of the 'long slide' before, but I'm sure she can research it. Come to think of it, I should send this to the Biden campaign as well.
Ah yes. The old AMT longslide. I don't know if AMT is even still in business. Have to look that up. Basically it a 1911 with an extended slide to accommodate a 2 inch longer barrel. From 4.5 to 6.5. I think. If memory serves. I haven't seen one in decades. Or any AMT.

But nobody can doubt the man card qualifications for the good old 1911. I love mine. Started life as a rack grade Government model. It is now after some tweaking, tuning, and custom parts and a bit of money and hours with jewelers files, India stones and a micrometer a wicked cool carry/comp.

Its won me boxes of trophies and plaques and two state championships in MoM steel competition. It also rides on my hip as my go to defensive pistol. Shes my version of Han Solos trusty blaster. Stormtroopers beware.

Old 02-22-2020, 05:49 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Duly noted. I have also forwarded this info to Shannon Watts and Moms Demand Action to see if a movement to ban the 'long slide,' whatever that might be, is feasible. I had not heard of the 'long slide' before, but I'm sure she can research it. Come to think of it, I should send this to the Biden campaign as well.
you mean this Shannon watts?

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...y-looking-gun/

Old 02-22-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Yep, that’s Travis “expert.”

Old 02-22-2020, 06:04 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Thank you for the link, but I don't get the point. That is a scary looking weapon. And correct me if I'm wrong, but it does appear to have a high weapons style clip.

I did enjoy the 'large bust swimwear' ad at the link, so thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies