Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,697,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Here in Washington state, a bill has been introduced to limit clips to 10 bullets. I was excited to hear that Virginia wants to entirely ban clips, but apparently this is not so. They are trying for a 12 bullet limit. New York state has had a 7 bullet limit for some time.

We recently had a mass shooting in downtown Seattle by rival gang members who had 60+ arrests between them. One had 3 felonies last year alone. They were finally arrested in Las Vegas. Police found a receipt for an extended clip in their vehicle. Police later found security video from a gun shop showing them buying the clip. There is no background check for a clip! None.

Personally, I would like to see the limit set at three bullets. If you can't shoot your deer, duck, or whatever with 3 bullets you are a lousy shot. As VP Biden so eloquently puts it (video at link):
https://www.weaselzippers.us/430110-...lips-in-a-gun/

Joe Biden, btw, was really the originator of the 1994 assault weapon ban. Dianne Feinstein (D,CA) tends to get the credit, but it was Biden's brain child.

Why would anyone need 100 clips in a weapon? The clips should be banned, and any weapon that takes 100 clips should be banned also.
Where to start.....

Clips? What's a clip?

A magazine holds the ammo. Why should there be a background check to buy a magazine? It is not a firearm.

Curious. How many people were killed in this mass shooting in Seattle that you reference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 04:51 PM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
What i want to know is, will i need a special permit to carry a duffle bag full of 3 round mags ? It only takes milliseconds to swap them. Or will there be any restrictions on me carrying two 7 round revolvers ? Will i need a special permit for them ?

Old 02-13-2020, 04:53 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Where to start.....

Clips? What's a clip?

A magazine holds the ammo. Why should there be a background check to buy a magazine? It is not a firearm.

Curious. How many people were killed in this mass shooting in Seattle that you reference?

Eight people total were shot, but only one was killed. Thankfully the thugs did not have AR-15s, or I'm sure the death toll would have been higher.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
So now even the term 'bullets' is banned? What's next, we can't use the word guns?

So far no one has responded to Biden's message:

Why would anyone need 100 clips in a weapon?
No weapon on this planet has 100 magazines attached. I personally own several thousand magazines but only one can be used at a time. Magazine capacity has no bearing. I hit what I aim at, from 3 yards out to a thousand yards. And I want high capacity magazines therefore I need them. Neither you nor anyone else will dictate what I can and can’t own.

You can have bullet control, too bad for you I cast my own bullets, and I reload my own rounds.

Gun control, bullet control, magazine control, good luck with that.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:03 PM

306 posts, read 102,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I don't recall seeing this much hysteria, false information, and outright silliness in a gun-hater's single post before.
Standard for him. Knows exactly d!@k about guns or the laws that govern them.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:05 PM

355 posts, read 213,329 times

Old 02-13-2020, 05:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Guns are scary. Ban scary things.

Man up Lucy.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:31 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Big T needs to go trolling on AR 15.com. Honestly, nobody could keep being so willfully ignorant despite hundred of gigs of information having been poured over them correcting his ....colorful...narratives.

Truly nobody could remain so blatantly ignorant on a subject unless they're doing it on purpose. Anyone with an IQ over that of a frozen calzone anyway. I think Big Ts IQ is at least two full grades better than that.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:31 PM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Eight people total were shot, but only one was killed. Thankfully the thugs did not have AR-15s, or I'm sure the death toll would have been higher.
Absolutely ! Could only imagine if they had AR20's with high capacity tracer rounds in 55 gallon drum style rotary repeater clips...it would be like the Terminator was there.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
What was the death count in Nice from a box truck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies