Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 07:09 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The article was thought-provoking, but I think unsurprising to anyone who follows politics and issues.

I will say that one of the things I disagree with are reparations to blacks. I would have been in favor of this 100-150 years ago, but as others have said, any black now under the age of 50 who is not at least as successful as a lower-middle-class white usually has only himself or herself to blame and not the fact that some of his or her great great great grandparents were slaves.

I also think that whites who hate themselves because some whites who lived 200 years ago owned slaves are being ridiculous. Would they hate themselves if they discovered that some of their distant ancestors were slumlords or owned a brothel? Yes, they might be ashamed of them, but would they actually hate themselves?

That is not to say, however, that there is no such thing as white privilege (because I think there is), and that is what needs to be corrected. Law-abiding and respectable people should be treated the same in matters of law and being free from suspicion regardless of their race, religion, skin color, gender, sexuality, or any other thing on which bigots discriminate.

Excerpt: there is no such thing as white privilege
Opinion: just like saying there is no such thing as black privilege.

It is the personal exchange that creates a positive or negative environment.
To cast doubt on oneself is beyond offensive. The Dems have been at the
forefront of keeping minorities victims. Now the Dems have embarked on a
10 year lowering of the bar by labeling all whites as privileged. Keeping everyone
equal but at the bottom of the barrel is not an agenda I am willing to support.
President Trump is focused on one America for all people. He wants all to
rise from rather than burn down to the ashes...............

Old 02-14-2020, 08:15 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Putting aside the psychoanalysis...any white male who is a member of the democratic party is a fool. That party hates your guts.
Actually THESE are the white males the democrat party loves.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...n-polling-site

This ^^ hate mongering liberalcreep violently slapped a 15 year old and then verbally harassed him at the New Hampshire caucus for wearing a MAGA hat.
And two days before another white male democrat drove his van into a Republican voting register tent at the Iowa caucus because he hates republicans.

These are the white male heroes of the Dem party as not one Dem leader condemned either of these violent acts against republicans .....

Old 02-14-2020, 08:36 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

This ^^ hate mongering liberalcreep violently slapped a 15 year old and then verbally harassed him at the New Hampshire caucus for wearing a MAGA hat.
And two days before another white male democrat drove his van into a Republican voting register tent at the Iowa caucus because he hates republicans.

These are the white male heroes of the Dem party as not one Dem leader condemned either of these violent acts against republicans .....
Im glad my kids are not political. I would go to prison for sure if someone slapped my kid. The coroner would need a spatula for the remains of the slapper.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Im glad my kids are not political. I would go to prison for sure if someone slapped my kid. The coroner would need a spatula for the remains of the slapper.
Yeah, that is what I was saying when that crazy Indian in DC came up to those kids waiting for a bus pounding his drum all while being verbally assaulted by the Black Hebrew Israelites. I am so thankful I wasn't there because I don't think I would have been as cool as those kids were. I can also guarantee you back in the 80's when I was in High School, we would have at least pushed that Indian to the ground if not beat the crap out of him. Not sure if we would have stood up to the racists or not. I think the grade above me would have attacked them though. Different times. These days the kids are being blamed for waiting for a bus and standing there taking all that abuse by adults! The left is sure a scary bunch to me and so filled with hate.

Glad the kid got money out of it. He will probably do good with that money since you can tell he was brought up right by a gracious family.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-sa...udents-lawyers

Old 02-14-2020, 09:13 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

That SOB needs to be put under the jail. Wish I could be on the jury.

He would be no hero to any Dem I know.

In my state, the election judge tells people they must remove any political electioneering material 100 feet from the door to the voting place. They usually ask people who have on a political t shirt to turn it inside out. In years of working at the polls I have never seen anybody raise a stink, on either side.

I was once threatened with arrest by a principal and a cop while I was holding a sign at a bond election. They backed off when I explained the law. I had measured, showed them my 100 foot long string.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:16 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Opinion opinion opinion from the Daily Mail with a Media Bias/Fact Check as a questionable source labeled as such for promoting conspiracy theories, extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda, and poor sourcing.

I like the last line only it could be interchanged with evangelical's telling women what to do with their bodies. One size fits all right? It's just more hyperbolic nonsense for emotional thinkers.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:53 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Ok I’ll play along...

Then why do you seek to re-populate the country with non-white people who live off of tax dollars confiscated from white citizens who are self-supported?

Why do you support reparations?

Why do you hate the police?
I don't support any of those things.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:56 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Toxic self hatred? Check.

Another consequence of this sick obsession with race that has engulfed our culture.

Practice the Golden Rule.

Old 02-14-2020, 01:58 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is a serious misperception among cons because of the loudest people screaming absurdities on social media.

I’m a white liberal and I can tell you that most white liberals are not self loathing.
But many in the party want you to be - and therein lies my problem with our Democratic party - those are the voices heard - not the rest of the us who are moderate of conservative.

The one poster up above went with the stereotypical response and due to their vehemence that's how others look at our party as a whole.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:59 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Does one need to pass a test to be a doctor? Have standards been lowered? to be a pilot?

The objection has always been women and minorities were not accepted into programs they tested and qualified for. I never said my son had to pass any test or standard to get a job or promoted.

Like the patriarchy does to keep control, you are throwing up straw men. Just like that old why let women into medical or law school? They will just get pregnant and quit.
We know that standards have been lowered in places to become a firefighter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies