Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 07:23 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,641,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Or he is not, as many of his supporters keep trying to point out, the racist homophobic person the media and Democrats keep trying to convince everyone he is. Maybe, just maybe, like most humans, his belief systems don’t neatly fit in a pre-determined package of good and evil, but vary depending on the topic.

I think Trump is a narcissistic jackass with no filter, I do not think he is racist or homophobic. The man is a true equal opportunity jerk, anyone and everyone is equally likely to be the target of his vile attacks.
Filter

No filter

Is this an illustration of the difference or did someone commandeer your computer after you finished the first paragraph?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 07:27 AM

20,951 posts, read 19,384,242 times
What you say Limbaugh said and what the article says Limbaugh said are two different things.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,793,444 times
Quote:
Or he is not, as many of his supporters keep trying to point out, the racist homophobic person the media and Democrats keep trying to convince everyone he is. Maybe, just maybe, like most humans, his belief systems don’t neatly fit in a pre-determined package of good and evil, but vary depending on the topic.

I think Trump is a narcissistic jackass with no filter, I do not think he is racist or homophobic. The man is a true equal opportunity jerk, anyone and everyone is equally likely to be the target of his vile attacks.
Couldn't agree with you more, and I'm a "liberal" who does not like Trump.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:08 AM

34,128 posts, read 18,377,359 times
Quote:

Agree for the most part. However, narcissistic, equal opportunity jerks can be excellent leaders and Presidents which Trump has shown to be in standing up to abusive Trade "partners" which previous Presidents never had the b*lls to address. In addition to the Economic, ENERGY, and Border policy which is working extremely well. He is a good leader and executive.

Yes he is a bit of a bull in a china shop. So what? He gets things done and succeeds. He has defined, measured accomplishments and a three and a half year track record of success.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:15 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,442,415 times
If I had to choose between someone with an abrasive personality but good policies that benefit our country and someone with a pleasant personality but poor policies that harm our country, I would go with the first every time and twice on Sunday. And I have.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,834,508 times
I've never seen Trump being accused of being homophobic. I've seen criticism of his support of politicians who are homophobic (Pence)....but that's not saying Trump is homophobic -- just a man of no integrity.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:48 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,641,565 times
The thing is, Trump is pleasant to people who merit pleasantry. He is brutally critical of people who have, in most cases, had it coming for years but no one else ever had the courage to stand up to them.

Other than the lost-cause TDS cases among the far left, I don't for a moment understand where the anti-Trump hate comes from. Nor do I understand why even so many of his supporters feel the need to acknowledge, as though it were a weakness, his refusal to live by the draconian code of the PC police. That characteristic is, in fact, one of his greatest strengths and is the single biggest single factor behind his effectiveness AND his popularity as is so evident at his rallies.

Trump is tough on America's enemies, foreign and domestic. His style is a breath of fresh air we thought we'd never see....and is essential to his success and the successful savior of what was 5 years ago a ship going down by the bow.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:55 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,321,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've never seen Trump being accused of being homophobic. I've seen criticism of his support of politicians who are homophobic (Pence)....but that's not saying Trump is homophobic -- just a man of no integrity.
Falsey accusing Pence of being a homophobe is more evidence you are ultra leftwing.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:57 AM

34,128 posts, read 18,377,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Falsey accusing Pence of being a homophobe is more evidence you are ultra leftwing.
They have to try anything they can to demonize Trump and Pence. They have nothing else but stuff like they are racist, sexist and homophobes. Neither of them are that at all.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,834,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
MEH -- I know folks that voted for Trump that have said Pence is homophobic.

The recent visit to the church that attacks LGBTQ community is further evidence....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies