Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:47 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,453,049 times

Advertisements

I know he likes do double down when he's criticized but he needs to learn when enough is enough. Barr has already made public statements criticizing him on this. Let it be, Donald. Let it be.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/trump-...hing-he-wants/

President Trump on Friday asserted he has the “legal right” to order Attorney General Bill Barr to do anything he wants in criminal cases handled by the Justice Department — a day after the nation’s top law enforcement officer criticized the commander-in-chief’s tweets.

“‘The President has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case.’ A.G. Barr,” the president said in a tweet, quoting what Barr told ABC News in an exclusive interview Thursday.

“This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so, I do, but I have so far chosen not to!” Trump added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 10:07 AM

23,488 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I know he likes do double down when he's criticized but he needs to learn when enough is enough. Barr has already made public statements criticizing him on this. Let it be, Donald. Let it be.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/trump-...hing-he-wants/

President Trump on Friday asserted he has the “legal right” to order Attorney General Bill Barr to do anything he wants in criminal cases handled by the Justice Department — a day after the nation’s top law enforcement officer criticized the commander-in-chief’s tweets.

“‘The President has never
asked me to do anything in a criminal case.’ A.G. Barr,” the president said in a tweet, quoting what Barr told ABC News in an exclusive interview Thursday.

“This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so, I do, but I have so far chosen not to!” Trump added.
Where did Trump say he had the legal right to "order" Barr to do anything?
Trump was going off of what Barr had said, and Barr said "asked" not ordered. Trump does have the right to ask.

Even a small child knows the difference between those two words. A pity that you and the NY Post do not. A bigger pity that the NY Post was twisting what was said, and that you easily fall for their propaganda.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:08 AM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Good luck with that.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:11 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,583,672 times
Trump and Barr have this whole "disagreement" scripted so that they can pretend Barr is acting independently while he takes orders from Trump in private. The idea that a hardcore believer of the unitary executive is going to rebuke the President is beyond absurd. Its pure kayfabe. I bet you guys believe pro wrestling is real too.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:24 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,583,672 times
I also like the claim that Barr learned about the sentencing memo from TV, believed that it had been filed in error, unilaterally decided to undercut it without even calling the prosecutors who filed it first, and then an hour later - by pure happenstance - Trump tweets his complaint.

Yea right.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Good luck with that.
LOL yeah no chance in hell that happens.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:30 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I know he likes do double down when he's criticized but he needs to learn when enough is enough. Barr has already made public statements criticizing him on this. Let it be, Donald. Let it be..

Trump is stupid here. Maybe his dementia and other personality disorders have made him act out of a better judgement that a neutral observer can see clearly. He should have just kept his trap and twitter puckered up and if he won in Nov, he could have pardoned Stone.

I think Trump is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with such stupid antics. I have no allegiance to Trump. Just an observation.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan_Biddle View Post
As a Trump supporter I'm not above criticizing Trump when he's wrong and he's wrong to mess with Barr. Barr is one of the most intelligent, savvy and decent people Trump has on his team.

Uh... the OP is creating his own meme. Now some in here think it's all scripted - more conspiracy theories. People who hate Trump are trying to act rational. It's funny and transparent as heck.

I've not seen anything showing Trump is messing with Barr. The President has every right to use his 1st amendment right to freedom of speech and to voice his opinions.

It's doesn't matter what he tweets, the left will say it's impeachable.

It's old and stale. All the "bombshells" turned into bananas.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:33 AM

339 posts, read 127,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan_Biddle View Post
As a Trump supporter I'm not above criticizing Trump when he's wrong and he's wrong to mess with Barr. Barr is one of the most intelligent, savvy and decent people Trump has on his team.
This I completely agree with. Let Barr do his job without distraction. He's one of the best Allies that President Trump has.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Uh... the OP is creating his own meme. Now some in here think it's all scripted - more conspiracy theories. People who hate Trump are trying to act rational. It's funny and transparent as heck.

I've not seen anything showing Trump is messing with Barr. The President has every right to use his 1st amendment right to freedom of speech and to voice his opinions.

It's doesn't matter what he tweets, the left will say it's impeachable.

It's old and stale. All the "bombshells" turned into bananas.
I'm not saying he's done anything impeachable but if Barr feels the need to publicly tell him to knock it off, he needs to knock it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies