Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: There are only two sexes, female and male. Which we are is not a choice.
True 54 93.10%
False 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 03:56 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The deconsructionists have gone too far on this one, and now you have a push button issue for the right wing to lose their minds over and beat to death endlessly, continuing to distract from things that actually matter to the vast majority of people, instead of a small fringe.
So a person who argues for a wide spectrum of gender identification rants about a monolithic "right wing" in the same post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 04:09 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan_Biddle View Post
SO I as a father should be OK with someone who has a penis sharing my daughter's locker room in school and playing on her sports team?

Justifiably, people are starting to bring law suits against schools and leagues that allow Transgender males posing as females competing against biological females in sporting events. Many of these events have ramifications for college scholarships and other financial outcomes. It is unfair to women to lose out to Transgender males posing as women.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:29 PM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
As the grandparent of a person stuck in that trap I sometimes wish this site had a FU emoji.

You don't have a clue what plenty of well intentioned, smart people have to deal with.

Keep on buying that hormone disrupting plastic wrapped food. Keep on drinking plastic bottled water.

Most of the kids with this problem currently were fed with plastic bottles milk from hormone injected cows delivered in plastic bottles. Then microwaved hormone disrupting plastic bagged frozen food.

Better living through chemistry.

Nobody has a clue what that does to the bodies that will incubate people, or to the fetuses. But we do know what it does to frogs.

Old 02-14-2020, 04:29 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,524,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
My thinking is that I truly do not care what other people do. And I'll address another person however they want to be addressed. Do you sport a full beard and mustache and want to be called Isabella? Fine. To me, it's no different than me saying, "nice to meet you, Robert," and the other person saying, "please call me Bob." It says Robert on that guy's birth certificate and social security card, but I'm not the name police any more than I'm the genitalia police. Who cares??
You make entirely too much sense to be posting here.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Justifiably, people are starting to bring law suits against schools and leagues that allow Transgender males posing as females competing against biological females in sporting events. Many of these events have ramifications for college scholarships and other financial outcomes. It is unfair to women to lose out to Transgender males posing as women.
And what is wrong with these males, imposing themselves into these female only sports contests, and then taking pride in beating a bunch of girls, while depriving them of the opportunity to participate in and possibly win the sporting contest that they signed up for?

It is positively sick.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:01 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
And what is wrong with these males, imposing themselves into these female only sports contests, and then taking pride in beating a bunch of girls, while depriving them of the opportunity to participate in and possibly win the sporting contest that they signed up for?

It is positively sick.
I totally agree. "Transgender males" should NOT be allowed in girls/ women's competition. They are sandbagging. And it's not fair at all.

Give them their own class if they claim trans status. Let them compete against each other. They are NOT female.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:02 AM

8,475 posts, read 4,722,080 times
Two sexes, yeah. As for gender and sexual identity, one can vary pretty broadly.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Two sexes, yeah. As for gender and sexual identity, one can vary pretty broadly.

Human beings as nature designed and intended are two distinct genders. Gender and sex are the same thing. This is the fact with all animals. At the core animals are designed for procreation.

Mammals such as humans procreate via male to female sex and give live birth. Other species lay eggs. Some species are asexual and yet others can actually change gender in a same sex environment.

Humans dont have that ability. We are mammals not reptiles or amphibians.

Biologically other than rare physical mutations humans are either male or female. The concept of transgenderism is not a physical mutation. It is entirely mental. Same with homosexuality. It is a mental not physical thing. And only humans are capable of these latter things.

These states of being require human sentience. Lower species dont have that. Yea yes, some people will now point to homosexual behavior in other animals. That is nothing but an instinctual behavior tied to the mating drive. And it only happens with male animals when there are no available females.

There are no ...lesbian lions...for example. Homosexuality is strictly a function of sexual gratification. It serves no other purpose. Humans are the only species of mammal that can choose that behavior because they actually prefer it over heterosexual behavior. Because that's what turns them on.

Not saying theres anything wrong with it, but scientifically we weren't designed that way. Humans are the only species that engages in sex merely for pleasure. We use it as a playground. Because we can and that's way cool.

I'm glad our brains can work like that. Sex and the games we play in sex are FUN and they feel great physically and mentally. If some humans like same sex activity better fine. Personally I like heterosexual better.

Humans can decide that. And we're the only animals that can and do. So why dont we all just agree to just enjoy that ability as we see fit and quit arguing about it?

We all can agree that sex is awsome and different strokes fer different folks. Carry on regardless

Old 02-16-2020, 12:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,887 times
Well, I'm a simple person and don't understand how what someone might tell me is different from what I see.

I see obvious men and obvious women.

Everything else is over my head. It seems like fantasy to me, as well. The stuff of mental illness or drug abuse.

Hopefully these gender crusaders won't be discriminatory against a simple person such as myself. Or discriminatory against my culture as a visually-oriented human.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:56 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Negative, when I say I don't have a problem with that choice I'm saying society should respect it. You are basically saying here they should be forced to publicly identify with their biological sex against their wishes.

If you want to say as a scientific fact they are still a biological male or female, then yes ok, but there's no reason they should still have to be addressed like this against their wishes by others.
It's not up to them, it's up to us. The normal get to make the call, not the deviant. Comprendo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies