Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 11:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Conservative radio host thinks it's "idiotic" that you can't say the N-word; blames "disgusting" liberals
Only his own cowardice prevents him from using the word, but its nice he manages to shift the blame on someone else.

Go ahead, use the word. Of course after he uses it, he has to own it, and take personal responsibility for the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2020, 11:06 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Boo-hoo, I can't use what is quite literally the most hateful, degrading, and disrespectful word in American history. What a snowflake.

I would imagine most Trump voters use the N-word regularly in the privacy of their own home when describing Obama and other prominent black democrats and celebrities they dislike.
Half black Obama has always had right wing racist hate against him...now ignited and fomented to a raging wildfire and perpetuated by Trump in the form of emboldened white right wing posters with racist subjects on a third to half all topics on this political board at any given time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assa...t_Barack_Obama

Old 02-15-2020, 11:44 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Only his own cowardice prevents him from using the word, but its nice he manages to shift the blame on someone else.

Go ahead, use the word. Of course after he uses it, he has to own it, and take personal responsibility for the consequences.
Some wise guys could find some loopholes, like using a word who sounds close to the n-word as in the South Park clip then I mentionned in an earlier post, naggers or using a word in another language who spelled differently but sound like the "F-word" in Family Guy who mean "seal" in French.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGWdDYLrLMk

Old 02-15-2020, 11:57 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
You said above "if you call me the n word and you ain't black' as though he was lobbying to call blacks the n word.

I would recommend to Prager not to talk about this because we already have liberals calling us racist 24-7 and this will just go into their hopper to distort. lol

You can't have real conversations with liberals b/c get hysterical over everything.
Correction: Americans, left or right, become hysterical over everything. They ain't happy unless they're pi$$ed off about something, or making someone else pi$$ed off about something.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like I said, you can’t say it. And you can’t deal with the consequences of saying it.

So please stop arguing with me about it.
I have the CHOICE to say it, and you couldn't stop me if I chose to do so.

However, unlike Obama's buddies, I choose not to.

You have zero say in the matter and are powerless.

Good luck with your faux outrage.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Boo-hoo, I can't use what is quite literally the most hateful, degrading, and disrespectful word in American history. What a snowflake.

I would imagine most Trump voters use the N-word regularly in the privacy of their own home when describing Obama and other prominent black democrats and celebrities they dislike.
Oh, boohoo, you can't say you own the word and other people aren't allowed to use it.

The N-bomb was dropped a lot at the WH while Obama was there. Which basically proves the improvement over the last 3 years.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:42 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Is it bad to call a Jewish person nig-gardly? Asking for a friend...
*****rdly is not related to the N word. I see City Data doesn't know the etymology of the word either...sigh. It blocked it out.

You can call anyone *****rdly, regardless of religion. What is ignorant, is saying that all people that belong to that religion share the same trait.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:10 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
I've always been bothered by the insidious nature of saying "the N-word" because whenever I hear that, the REAL N-word flashes through my brain unconsciously. I find it to be the most despicable of all the ethnic slurs and I wish Blacks would stop using it too.

Old 02-15-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I've always been bothered by the insidious nature of saying "the N-word" because whenever I hear that, the REAL N-word flashes through my brain unconsciously. I find it to be the most despicable of all the ethnic slurs and I wish Blacks would stop using it too.
I'm all for socially banning the word, but no word should be legally banned. (BTW, I'm not implying you want that)

There are a few words I personally choose not to say, but that is a personal choice.

I will say nobody should be given a pass on it unless it's used in historical context, such as a person explaining it's origin and disturbing past, or in appropriate literature. Mark Twain used it, but not for his own malice, but to paint an accurate picture of the times.

Rappers are just as guilty as the a LA skinhead when they blurt it out irresponsibly.

Oh, I also give a pass to comedians using it to lampoon racism.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have the CHOICE to say it, and you couldn't stop me if I chose to do so.

However, unlike Obama's buddies, I choose not to.

You have zero say in the matter and are powerless.

Good luck with your faux outrage.
You’re choosing not to use it because you can’t afford to be caught using it with black folks. You know how that’s gonna go. Sure, I know you Texans are supposed to be Billy Badasses, but let’s not get carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Why would you wish that?

What we’re saying to each other is of no consequence to you. It’s not like you’re even around to hear us say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm all for socially banning the word, but no word should be legally banned. (BTW, I'm not implying you want that)

There are a few words I personally choose not to say, but that is a personal choice.

I will say nobody should be given a pass on it unless it's used in historical context, such as a person explaining it's origin and disturbing past, or in appropriate literature. Mark Twain used it, but not for his own malice, but to paint an accurate picture of the times.

Rappers are just as guilty as the a LA skinhead when they blurt it out irresponsibly.

Oh, I also give a pass to comedians using it to lampoon racism.
You can’t give a pass to anyone for using the word. The word isn’t yours, and you don’t belong to the group in possession of it.

I understand that you CHOOSE not to say the word, but let’s be real...it’s because you can’t withstand the consequences of using it anyway. So it doesn’t matter that you’re choosing not to use it.

Lol...you’re cracking me up because you seem to think that you can give a pass to comedians, but deny rappers access to it. If the comedian or the rapper is black, you have no role in pass giving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies