Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:00 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
I never said children didn't bully each other before Trump. The bullying that is the subject of this thread is about children using Trump's language now to bully each other.

I taught kids. I've seen bullying. I stopped the bullies.

Yes, because no kid ever told a Hispanic kid to go back to Mexico before Trump was elected.

My older sister was teased because she looked a little Asian when she was a kid, even though she's Irish.

It's was pretty common for kids to be anti Asian from WWII through the Vietnam war (even black and Hispanic kids).

Your blatantly partisan attempt to tie this to Trump is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 11:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
racist-in-chief 45 is influencing the youngest generation with his toxic propaganda. On top of the trillions in deficits he will leave to future generations.

Winning?

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...in-classrooms/
Only juveniles blame others for their actions.

btw Trump isn't the racist one here.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
More likely the bullies are parroting the language of their parents. It is what they are hearing at home about Mexicans and Muslims by parents who support Trump.
More than likely this isn't a big deal and is made up by the triggered. Blaming others for the bad manners of a child who hasn't been taught well enough yet is pathetic.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:09 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes, because no kid ever told a Hispanic kid to go back to Mexico before Trump was elected.

My older sister was teased because she looked a little Asian when she was a kid, even though she's Irish.

It's was pretty common for kids to be anti Asian from WWII through the Vietnam war (even black and Hispanic kids).

Your blatantly partisan attempt to tie this to Trump is pathetic.
My older Sister used to be teased by being called "boat person/girl" because she had olive skin and long straight jet black hair. Never mind she got those features from our Native American Dad.

And the joy of that song "Half-Breed" by Cher being sung to her (well, all of us siblings)

Guess Trump was President in '73 - not Nixon.

Old 02-20-2020, 12:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
This is complete BALONEY, I read the article about this and couldnt help from laughing!

Kids are cruel, they were saying and doing these kinds of things when I was in school at that age!

I cannot stand Trump either, but trying to link him to this problem is lame, Bush Sr was in office when I was in grade school...kids were acting the same way.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:06 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
More likely the bullies are parroting the language of their parents. It is what they are hearing at home about Mexicans and Muslims by parents who support Trump.

That's child-abuse. Take them away and put them in surroundings that won't twist their minds into being Trumplike in their value-systems.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:45 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Name one Trump supporter who attempted to run over a group of Dems registering voters.
Influenced by Trump's rhetoric a crazy went directly to Pittsburgh and killed my neighbors as they worshiped in their synagogue. A Trump supporter who lived by Trump's quotes and slogans and bumper stickers sent pipe bombs to numerous political opponents of Trump's. The KKK who openly supports and praises Donald Trump produced an ugly sicko who massacred folks in a Walmart in El Paso. Name a Democratic political figure who is openly supported by the KKK or one who inspires manifestos produced by mass killers before slaughtering innocent peaceful folks going about their activities of daily living.

Donald Trump's words are poison and as president he has done more than any politician in living memory to fan the flames of ethnic and racial antipathy and nurture a culture of bigotry. Donald Trump deliberately uses dehumanizing, cruel and hateful rhetoric and incitements to violence. He targets individuals and groups and portrays them as alien invaders, or anti-American or rats and vermin. He picks on people to make up lies about them and intentionally selects those who have differing opinions to then prey on them and relentlessly depict them as unworthy of dignity and respect, even characterizing them as subhuman. This is disgusting and wrong and harmful to society.

The current POTUS is no leader and his policies, behavior and words deserve no respect or defense.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-20-2020 at 06:19 AM..

Old 02-20-2020, 06:08 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
racist-in-chief 45 is influencing the youngest generation with his toxic propaganda. On top of the trillions in deficits he will leave to future generations.

Winning?

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...in-classrooms/
He's not influencing bullies, the Left is influencing people who desperately want to be victims.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:33 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Not to mention mocking the height of some of his competitors. That's not really mature.

To be perfectly honest, I really think most Trump supporters don't care if he's a little racist and immature as long as 1) he makes them $, and 2) he makes them $.

I'm a liberal but I'm going to be completely honest and fair though because that's what I aim for.

John Edwards f@cking and knocking up another woman while his wife had late stage breast cancer is even worse.

The bottom line is ... do you want a nice guy for a president or do you want a guy who can do the job.

I personally want a nice guy. But most people don't care about that. They care about $ ... and well, more $.
Good post, but I still think it is possible to have both . . . but not in this election and not for decades, imo. Personally, however, I am not going to vote for any of the major candidates until I think that there is at least a chance that the candidate is basically a good person (and "nice", too) who wants to do the best job he can for ALL citizens and has the intelligence and experience to actually do that.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:35 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That's child-abuse. Take them away and put them in surroundings that won't twist their minds into being Trumplike in their value-systems.
I would rather have children taken away from felons and/or drug addicts who derive their income from criminal activities and/or the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies