Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 02:30 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
This bill is in response to the equally ridiculous bill that bans abortion. If the State can control what a woman does with her body, it can just as easily control what a man does.

And it’s 50 years of age or after 3 kids whichever comes first.
Yes.
The Republican-controlled Alabama Legislature overwhelmingly passed a law prohibiting abortions at every stage of pregnancy. The lawmakers even rejected a proposal to add exceptions for cases of rape or incest.

Under the law doctors will be charged with a felony and face up to 99 years in prison for performing the procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 02:35 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What is the proposed anti-abortion legislation in Alabama as you understand it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Abortions aren’t banned. That’s just ridiculous. The time frame in getting an abortion is questionable.

Quit spewing fake news.

It is not proposed. It is their law. Alabama’s governor in May 2019 signed into law a measure to ban abortions in the state. The bill that the Republican-controlled Legislature overwhelmingly passed will prohibit abortions at every stage of pregnancy. It includes an exception only for extreme cases where a woman’s health is at “ a very morbidly serious” risk; lawmakers rejected a proposal to add exceptions for cases of rape or incest.

Women who have abortions will not be prosecuted under the measure, (so they say) but, if the courts allow the law to stand, doctors could be charged with a felony and face up to 99 years in prison for performing the procedure.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:40 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's ridiculous. I would, however, support mandatory vasectomies for any man over 30 who has children for whom he refuses to pay child support or otherwise "vacated" the scene.
I advocate it for men at age 14...…………..put some in a sperm bank if they want kids...……...later......

Old 02-17-2020, 02:47 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Abortions aren’t banned. That’s just ridiculous. The time frame in getting an abortion is questionable.

Quit spewing fake news.
See post #11. Alabama passed a law that bans abortion even in cases of rape or incest.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:11 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
See post #11. Alabama passed a law that bans abortion even in cases of rape or incest.

No link? LOL, do you want us to just believe you?

Old 02-17-2020, 03:16 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No link? LOL, do you want us to just believe you?
Here you go. I understand your need. Googling for yourself is HARD.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ill/index.html

Old 02-17-2020, 03:20 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Here you go. I understand your need. Googling for yourself is HARD.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ill/index.html

Not really, but as an adult, when I say something, I back up what I say.....so nobody has the need to ask me for a link.

Sorry you don't understand that.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:41 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What is the proposed anti-abortion legislation in Alabama as you understand it?
That Abortions are legal. Now the time frame to get an abortion is controversial. Yet I hear on here that it is totally banned; just thinking about is unlawful.

Bullchit fake misleading news by some liberals here.

Personally, I believe women have the right to get an abortion. I don’t believe they should kill a baby after a certain time frame. In normal circumstances.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:45 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
It is not proposed. It is their law. Alabama’s governor in May 2019 signed into law a measure to ban abortions in the state. The bill that the Republican-controlled Legislature overwhelmingly passed will prohibit abortions at every stage of pregnancy. It includes an exception only for extreme cases where a woman’s health is at “ a very morbidly serious” risk; lawmakers rejected a proposal to add exceptions for cases of rape or incest.

Women who have abortions will not be prosecuted under the measure, (so they say) but, if the courts allow the law to stand, doctors could be charged with a felony and face up to 99 years in prison for performing the procedure.
Direct me to a link that states abortions are prohibited? Totally banned.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:46 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's ridiculous. I would, however, support mandatory vasectomies for any man over 30 who has children for whom he refuses to pay child support or otherwise "vacated" the scene.
I'd support a government program that solely offers free vasectomies in areas with high rates of out-of-wedlock births (and before anyone starts, it's an issue in EVERY racial demographic except maybe Asians). Maybe offer a free case of Bud Light to sweeten the deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies