Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 06:39 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times

Advertisements

"I am coffeemoments and I approve of this bill."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 06:44 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
nope sorry. apples and oranges.

nobody isn't telling anyone about how many kids you can have.

you get pregnant, you helped contribute to that living being in your womb.

Don't want to get pregnant, use protection and keep your legs closed.
I would really like to see our society if all women did refuse to have sex unless they wanted to get pregnant.
Can you imagine the gnashing of teeth from the male population. Maybe half the male population would have sex 1-3 times in their life.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:49 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I would really like to see our society if all women did refuse to have sex unless they wanted to get pregnant.
Can you imagine the gnashing of teeth from the male population. Maybe half the male population would have sex 1-3 times in their life.
Yep. And you can bet women would get blamed for the increased fighting and violence due to all that built up testosterone.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:02 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
I think those that promote celibacy must have firsthand experience with it. Most normal people with healthy sex lives know it’s not an option.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:09 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I think those that promote celibacy must have firsthand experience with it. Most normal people with healthy sex lives know it’s not an option.
Agreed. It’s not an option for most men or women, but how many posters are constantly saying women should just keep their legs shut? Because in their world view, it’s all up to women since men can’t be expected to pass on sex or put on a condom or take any responsibility for their own reproduction. And if she gets pregnant, it’s all her fault. The guy was just being a guy and we can’t possibly expect more of him.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:11 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
People who choose celibacy choose it for many reasons. They may be doing it for spiritual reasons. Some are waiting until marriage. Some have been abused in the past and choose to abstain. Some just want to work on themselves first before getting into a relationship. Some are asexual. There can be all kinds of normal reasons not to have sex. They are just as normal as anyone else.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:22 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
People who choose celibacy choose it for many reasons. They may be doing it for spiritual reasons. Some are waiting until marriage. Some have been abused in the past and choose to abstain. Some just want to work on themselves first before getting into a relationship. Some are asexual. There can be all kinds of normal reasons not to have sex. They are just as normal as anyone else.
Good news celibacy is increasing for 20 something men, 28% in 2018.
Still most adults enjoy a healthy sex life.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Fetuses with a heartbeat and healthy organs should not be aborted.

Don't want kids? Don't have sex or get sterilized.
So men should be sterilized to prevent unwanted pregnancies (because we know they won't stop having sex). That would completely fix the abortion problem as there would be no need for them. If they change their minds, they can reverse their vasectomies. I'm good with that.

But I'm sure the pro-forced-birthers feel that is too invasive to men.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Under the Alabama bill, a woman who gets pregnant because she’s raped (so yes clearly forced although I’m sure some would find a way to blame the victim) would be unable to get an abortion.

Are you claiming Alabama HB 314 doesn’t disallow abortion in cases of rape or incest? Do you think abortion should be legal for a 12 year old raped by a family member or stranger or do you stand with Alabama??
I'm asking you to point to a LAW that forces women to get pregnant, stay pregnant, and give birth.

Since you are basically claiming that is what is happening in the US. Let me know the bill number and who sponsored it.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
And there's the issue right? Women want sex.

They just don't want to be accountable for their own actions.
They don't want to use BC.
They don't want to use it correctly.
They don't want to use more than 1 type of BC to ensure pregnancy does not happen.
They don't want to have sex with men who actually respect them and would WELCOME a child.

Yet they complain about it all day long on CD how men are irresponsible.

Riiiiiiiight.

Two to tango. Women need to be the fierce, independent strong people that those on CD say they are. No excuses, grow up and be responsible.

And for those keyboard bangers who hate men: Men need to be responsible, too. Those who don't want kids should ALWAYS wear a condom. No excuses.

Actually I'd amend that statement. Men who want kids but are with women who would run to get an abortion if they got pregnant should also wear a condom.

Because if she gets pregnant, it doesn't matter if the father would take full custody and full financial responsibly. The mother still gets to kill the baby. And it happens. The fathers are heartbroken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies