Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2020, 09:51 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No one on this thread has posted about a law that forces women to get pregnant. EVERYONE reading this thread and EVERYONE posting on this thread knows that.
Yet you seem surprised that sex makes babies. Just STUNNED that having sex ... can make a women pregnant.

Yammering on and on about "forced birth." Um, there is no law that states YOU MUST GET PREGNANT. That's the point.

So don't be an idiot. Use multiple forms of BC with a man who will be happy to be a father and contribute emotionally and financially to help you raise a child. Also? Don't have sex with deadbeats.

Severely simple. Millions and millions and millions of women follow those and avoid getting pregnant every day.

Cue the post about how women cannot/should not/would not be responsible for their own bodies when a man is involved, but are responsible enough to make choices to kill babies because they feel like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 10:45 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yet you seem surprised that sex makes babies. Just STUNNED that having sex ... can make a women pregnant.

Yammering on and on about "forced birth." Um, there is no law that states YOU MUST GET PREGNANT. That's the point.

So don't be an idiot. Use multiple forms of BC with a man who will be happy to be a father and contribute emotionally and financially to help you raise a child. Also? Don't have sex with deadbeats.

Severely simple. Millions and millions and millions of women follow those and avoid getting pregnant every day.

Cue the post about how women cannot/should not/would not be responsible for their own bodies when a man is involved, but are responsible enough to make choices to kill babies because they feel like it.
Why do you make stuff up? It's as if you are creating false arguments in your own head and applying them to other posters just so you can fight against your own phony claims. You do know that is what we see you doing, don't you? Show me where I have utilized the term forced birth. You can't; and BTW I'd be careful about throwing around that term idiot, of which you are so fond, if I were in your position .

You might find it helpful to remember that everyone is entitled to her own opinion, but not to her own facts, dear.

This thread is supposed to be about an Alabama lawmaker who is fed up with the Republicans' continued assault on women's rights and disgusted with her colleagues' efforts to strengthen the law they passed prohibiting abortions.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-18-2020 at 11:01 AM..

Old 02-18-2020, 11:40 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:

You seem very confused. Forced Birth and Forced Pregnancy are two completely different things. Just like pregnancy and childbirth are completely different things.

Forced Birth = A State or Country via laws forcing a pregnant women to carry the fetus to term by removing access to abortion thus removing her right to body autonomy.

Forced Pregnancy = A State or Country via laws forcing a woman to undergo insemination to cause pregnancy thus removing her right to body autonomy.

One is happening. The other is not. They are different. Stop conflating these two separate things together.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
You seem very confused. Forced Birth and Forced Pregnancy are two completely different things. Just like pregnancy and childbirth are completely different things.

Forced Birth = A State or Country via laws forcing a pregnant women to carry the fetus to term by removing access to abortion thus removing her right to body autonomy.

Forced Pregnancy = A State or Country via laws forcing a woman to undergo insemination to cause pregnancy thus removing her right to body autonomy.

One is happening. The other is not. They are different. Stop conflating these two separate things together.
How do women become pregnant? Do they not understand that sex makes babies?

If you do not want to become pregnant, lots and lots of options ....

Getting pregnant (having sex). Being pregnant (having a baby). They are different. Stop conflating these two separate things together.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:46 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's ridiculous. I would, however, support mandatory vasectomies for any man over 30 who has children for whom he refuses to pay child support or otherwise "vacated" the scene.

I would extend that to men who do not pay for half of a child's expenses as part of child support.

The measly $400 average per child won't even pay for a week of daycare.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:14 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
I'm asking you to point to a LAW that forces women to get pregnant, stay pregnant, and give birth.

Since you are basically claiming that is what is happening in the US. Let me know the bill number and who sponsored it.
Quote:
I never claimed that. NEVER. I have repeatedly said that Alabama HB 314 would force a woman to stay pregnant and give birth even if she’s raped. This law makes abortion illegal even in cases of rape or incest. Do you deny that?? Do you support that??

Not expecting answers because you never do answer direct questions. You just wash, rinse, repeat your pro- forced birth spiel.
Quote:
Again ... you keep claiming that the law is FORCING women to get pregnant and stay pregnant and give birth.
Show me a law that states that. You can't.

I have posted a BILLION times that I am against abortion. That means .. against abortion. What part of "against" do you not understand?

If you are run over by a drunk driver and your leg is broken, do you immediately amputate your leg it since it was caused by a crime? Just get rid of it completely?

If you are robbed and smashed over the head and sustain a traumatic brain injury, should you be decapitated immediately, since your head was injured?

Think that's how crime should be dealt with? Just remove the "offending" part and it all goes away?

Can YOU answer a direct question? Nope. Not even close. I have. Repeatedly. AGAINST ABORTION. You should NOT get to kill someone else because you feel like it.
Quote:
Again, NEVER said that. Alabama isn’t forcing women to get pregnant, but per HB 314 they sure want to force her to stay that way and to force her to give birth. Good to know you’re for forcing a 12 year old rape victim to carry the results of her rape to term. This pretty much sums up the “compassion” level of the pro-forced birth crowd.

I’m for human beings having agency over their own bodies. You support the State having that power. Good luck with that. The next State mandate maybe something you disagree with, but too bad so sad you’ve already agreed to their controlling choices about your body.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Getting pregnant (having sex). Being pregnant (having a baby). They are different. Stop conflating these two separate things together.
I quoted our whole exchange so *maybe* you’ll see exactly how it went. Other posters will for sure.

You claimed multiple times that I said women were being forced to get pregnant.

I responded that I NEVER said that, that you were confusing that statement with me saying women were being forced to give birth.

Then I explained the different definitions of Forced Birth and Forced Pregnancy. I stated they were different and you should stop conflating the two.

Then you responded by repeating exactly what I said. And telling me to stop conflating the two. Classic debate style for you. When backed into a corner by FACTS, claim them as your own and accuse the other poster of doing exactly what you were doing.

It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:44 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Yes, men should be held accountable. I've never said otherwise. Did you not read the very post you are responding to?

I think any man that has sex without a condom is an idiot because his child could be aborted and he would have NO WAY TO STOP IT. And men should be able to save their children from being killed by their mother.

However, you counter yourself and then blame men and only men and assume that men will bail.

Why do women get a 100% free pass and men are immediately at fault? Because ... abortions.

What I cannot understand is IF your scenario is what you THINK is happening ... why are women having sex with deadbeats? Why do they continue to choose men that they know will run out on them? Why is abortion considered an option when MAKING BETTER CHOICES and having SELF RESPECT are BETTER OPTIONS??

Rhetorical of course, because *all men bad* *all women good* because ... abortions. Sigh.
Nope. You keep harping on women this and women that. that post was one example.
I'm not blaming men, I'm not blaming anyone. I'm showing you it goes both ways because you always go on about women's responsibility. I'm all for personal responsibility for both parties and have said so repeatedly, but I'm also a realist and consider abortion taking responsibility when all else fails. And fail it will, thus my comment about people being fallible.

I'll say again since you fail to understand. People are fallible. Always have been always will be. Life is not black and white, cut and dry. I dont know what kind of world you live in but in my life experience I find people lie, deceive and sometimes are not who they appear to be. That love is often blind. That people can not see the future. That in hindsight people often make bad decisions.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:51 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:

And one option is abortion.
No. getting pregnant is the same as being pregnant. Giving birth is the same as having a baby.
Having sex is not getting pregnant, having sex is not being pregnant, having sex is not having a baby.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I quoted our whole exchange so *maybe* you’ll see exactly how it went. Other posters will for sure.

You claimed multiple times that I said women were being forced to get pregnant.

I responded that I NEVER said that, that you were confusing that statement with me saying women were being forced to give birth.

Then I explained the different definitions of Forced Birth and Forced Pregnancy. I stated they were different and you should stop conflating the two.

Then you responded by repeating exactly what I said. And telling me to stop conflating the two. Classic debate style for you. When backed into a corner by FACTS, claim them as your own and accuse the other poster of doing exactly what you were doing.

It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad.
I agree.

It is very sad you are so fully invested in death culture.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And one option is abortion.
No. getting pregnant is the same as being pregnant. Giving birth is the same as having a baby.
Having sex is not getting pregnant, having sex is not being pregnant, having sex is not having a baby.
Then how do women get pregnant? Sex isn't needed?

Getting pregnant requires a sex act. For which a woman can protect herself from getting pregnant. And a man can protect himself from becoming a father.

Can't protect yourself from getting pregnant when you're already pregnant. That ship has sailed.

Abortion is killing a baby because you feel like it. No way around that. Ever.

Worship of Death Culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies