Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 01:28 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times

Advertisements

Call me cynical, but this seems like a sympathy ploy by nana dad to make some $$ out of this. Can a Go Fund Me account be far behind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 02:00 PM

36,523 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Obey the law
Reconsider your relationship to your spouse
Sometimes forgiveness is not enough
Seriously rethink marriage
I dont believe they were married and thus the problem with custody.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:09 PM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont believe they were married and thus the problem with custody.
That would explain a lot here.

Going through official adoption etc. paperwork costs money too and people don't think to do it.

Heck, many don't even buy nominal amounts of life insurance.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Call me cynical, but this seems like a sympathy ploy by nana dad to make some $$ out of this. Can a Go Fund Me account be far behind?
I tend to agree. All the photos to pull at the heart strings, stories about free babysitting and parental help yet no discussion about the nature of the relationship, the court case, an appeal, etc. Story not covered by any reputable news source.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:46 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
The real story is that the mother is a criminal and should be in jail!

And the guy is literally broadcasting to the world on social media that he is a literal **** <sigh>...

Old 02-20-2020, 11:00 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I do wonder though if in a case like this, is blood relation really all that cut and dried.
Yes, the law says its so.

If you recall the Baby Richard melodrama, a couple, Danielle Jankovich and Otokar Kirschner, had been living together for some time when she became pregnant.

When Danielle was 9 months pregnant, Otokar's grandmother became seriously ill. He went back to his native Slovakia to care for her. While he was there, an aunt apparently was mad at him and called Danielle to tell her Otokar had taken up with another woman.

That was a lie. It never happened, but Danielle got scared and a social worker pressured her to give up the infant for adoption.

The social worker also took Danielle to a different hospital than the one Otokar and Danielle intended to use in order to hide it from Otokar. The social worker also pressured Danielle into not listing Otokar as the father on the birth certificate.

Why? Because the social worker was getting a kick-back from her friend and personal attorney whom she called to set up the adoption.

At the signing, Danielle says she knows the father, but refuses to identify him and the attorney, totally ignoring his due diligence, makes no attempt to locate the father, because he's in a hurry to collect his adoption fees.

When Otokar returns from Slovakia, he's looking for his infant child and Danielle and her father tell him the boy died, but other friends and family members told him Danielle went to a different hospital. In a frantic search, Otokar finds the hospital and learns the child did not die, but was given up for adoption.

57 days after the child was born -- that's days, not weeks or months -- Otokar files a lawsuit to get his son back.

After much legal wrangling, the trial court in an incredibly differently twisted opinion finds Otokar to be an unfit parent for "not having any interest in his son" and "abandoning" his son and allows the adoptive parents to keep the child.

Undaunted, Otokar files an appeal and the appellate court affirms the trial court's ruling.

Otokar then takes his case to the Illinois Supreme Court. Baby Richard is now 4 years old.

The Illinois Supreme Court in a scathing ruling condemning the trial court, appellate court, social worker, lawyer and adoptive parents, reverses and gives Otokar his son back.

During the litigation, Danielle learns the aunt lied, she and Otokar reconcile and they marry.

There was a lot of phony media outrage that generated country-wide attention, mostly due to the propaganda and disinformation spread by a columnist for the Chicago Tribune, Bob Greene.

Anyway, for nearly all States, both parents must give their voluntary consent to terminate their parental rights and absent that, it requires a finding that the parents are unfit, which allows their rights to be involuntarily terminated and then and only then are the "best interests" of the child are considered.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:07 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I was in the Navy at Alameda NAS and I actually did tell the judge. A guy who used to be in my department knocked up a girl and used my name who file a paternity suit. When I found out the date of conception I showed my TDY orders and was at sea aboard the Abraham Lincoln over 500 miles off shore. The judge was not amused at my statement that it must have been an immaculate conception. I was eventually exonerated but he clearly was edging towards me paying anyway. Typical California judge.
I am really surprised that a California judge didn't make you pay anyways... I am very surprised they followed the law... Probably would be bad publicity if they didn't.... That's the only thing that saved you... I really hate liberal activist judges...

Old 02-20-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
The real story is that the mother is a criminal and should be in jail!

And the guy is literally broadcasting to the world on social media that he is a literal **** <sigh>...
It is not criminal.
If you dont disclose to a child they are adopted immediately, is it a criminal offense? Its not criminal to withhold information in these circumstances. Wrong maybe but not criminal.
To combat these situations laws are in place allowing DNA test as well you must sign acknowledgement of paternity. If your not sure, dont sign, get a DNA test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies