Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 04:55 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times

Advertisements

This story is from November, but I’m just hearing about it today....

A man has a baby with a woman who abandoned the baby, and he raises the child as a single father only to find out that the child isn’t biologically his.

Yet, he loves the boy and wants to keep him anyway. However, he’s been ordered to turn the child over to the biological father. The story is pretty heartbreaking to me, but I do agree that the child must go with the biological father. It’s only right i suppose.

Quote:
The individual in a lengthy post shared on Instagram revealed that the son he has been nurturing as his own for several months, is not his biological child, as revealed by a court order.

Chef Dom in his sad post appreciated everyone, both friends and family alike, that have played important roles in helping him raise the child he used to know as his own.
I do wonder though if in a case like this, is blood relation really all that cut and dried. Seems better that it happens at 10 months old when the child will have no memories of this situation, but damn man....I really feel sorry for this man. He even intimated that it made him grow up a whole lot.

Still, I’ve never seen a case quite like this one where a man is involved. I guess I just REALLY feel rotten for the guy. What can I say? My heartstrings got yanked pretty bad. Lol

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1278119-dad...he-raised.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 04:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Tough break for a stand up guy. I have actually heard of the opposite. Father finds out he isn't the read father and courts make him pay child support anyway.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,207,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Tough break for a stand up guy. I have actually heard of the opposite. Father finds out he isn't the read father and courts make him pay child support anyway.
That is flat out wrong.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,396,229 times
Dang! This almost sounds like something you would see in a soap opera!

Old 02-17-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah man. My eyes watered up when I saw the picture. Very very sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That is flat out wrong.
Lol...as they say, tell it to the judge.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Dang! This almost sounds like something you would see in a soap opera!
Tell me about it. If this ain’t made for a movie, I don’t know what is. Wouldn’t be a dry eye in the theater. Lol

Old 02-17-2020, 05:02 PM

129,956 posts, read 12,053,681 times
How awful for the Dad. But I praise him for looking after the baby, after the Mother fled. I hope the bio Dad will be as good a Dad as Dad number 1.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:06 PM

27,117 posts, read 13,413,134 times
Father learnt that three sons from 20-year-marriage were not his after doctor told him he was infertile - The Telegraph
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This story is from November, but I’m just hearing about it today....

A man has a baby with a woman who abandoned the baby, and he raises the child as a single father only to find out that the child isn’t biologically his.

Yet, he loves the boy and wants to keep him anyway. However, he’s been ordered to turn the child over to the biological father. The story is pretty heartbreaking to me, but I do agree that the child must go with the biological father. It’s only right i suppose.

I do wonder though if in a case like this, is blood relation really all that cut and dried. Seems better that it happens at 10 months old when the child will have no memories of this situation, but damn man....I really feel sorry for this man. He even intimated that it made him grow up a whole lot.

Still, I’ve never seen a case quite like this one where a man is involved. I guess I just REALLY feel rotten for the guy. What can I say? My heartstrings got yanked pretty bad. Lol

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1278119-dad...he-raised.html
There was an even worse case in Britain, when man who had been happily married for twenty years and had three children with his wife went to the doctors and the doctor told him he had a type of Cystic Fibrosis and have been infertile since birth.

That meant the children he had raised as his own since 1995 must have been conceived during affairs his wife had. Luckily the man was very wealthy, and took legal action against hgis wife, and stopped her from receiving millions in a divorce settlement.

Father learnt that three sons from 20-year-marriage were not his after doctor told him he was infertile - The Telegraph

Old 02-17-2020, 05:10 PM

4,021 posts, read 2,709,273 times
I knew I shouldn't have looked at the pictures. Now I'm bawling.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,207,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah man. My eyes watered up when I saw the picture. Very very sad.

Lol...as they say, tell it to the judge.
I was in the Navy at Alameda NAS and I actually did tell the judge. A guy who used to be in my department knocked up a girl and used my name who file a paternity suit. When I found out the date of conception I showed my TDY orders and was at sea aboard the Abraham Lincoln over 500 miles off shore. The judge was not amused at my statement that it must have been an immaculate conception. I was eventually exonerated but he clearly was edging towards me paying anyway. Typical California judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies