Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:16 AM

830 posts, read 486,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Hillary Clinton has caught a lot of heat over the years for calling black kids "super predators" in this 1996 speech. But she never mentioned a particular race. So why did so many people assume she was referring to black kids only?
Did Trump say Mexicans are rapists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 10:32 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Given the mood at the time everybody knew who she was talking about.
The media was constantly running stories about young black men committing crimes, it made for good ratings $$$.

This was something I've pointed out repeatedly on this forum, with regards to the national media going on a "White person does something racist" headline binge for a couple years. Media crafting a narrative is a dangerous thing.

When you have CNN running a national headline about a white gal that used the N-word in an argument with her apartment neighbor (no crime committed)....but then don't promote to national news about the black serial killer caught in KC targeting older white guys....you know that some yellow journalism is running amok.
I don't recall her speech, at the time receiving flack! That's why I had issue with it being brought up, 20 years later. Now, Ross Perot's "your people" speech, at the NAACP Convention in 1992. That got a lot of heat. But there was context of that speech, as well!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:57 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times
What I love about clips like these is they force many people to see the other's side's argument even if they don't realize they're doing it. There but for the grace of God go I.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:14 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
'Bring them to heel'.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:41 AM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton has caught a lot of heat over the years for calling black kids "super predators" in this 1996 speech. But she never mentioned a particular race. So why did so many people assume she was referring to black kids only?

The crimes bill was designed to go after the straight black male with his saggy pants down which was common in the 1990s. The straight black male dominated the underclass world during the 90s. In places like NYC black males did most of the murders followed by Hispanics and than by Italians. Crimes bill put a target on black men due to the fzct that so many black men of the criminal Cadre did most of the violent and non violent crimes. During the 90s alot of black men went to prison. Black community voted for Clinton. You can't be upset that you vote for somone and ends up locking up your kids later. Better becareful what you wish for. You might just get it.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:55 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:

I'm sure she just meant us "deplorables".

Old 02-18-2020, 12:02 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I'm sure she just meant us "deplorables".
When she said deplorables. She was talking about both the straight white male and the straight black male in middle America. Thank God she was not talking about me.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:03 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't often agree with Felonia Milhous Von Pantsuit, but she was spot on here!!!

With that being said, I believe she was referring to thugs of all colors and backgrounds. If the majority of crime being dealt with in the area she gave the speech at is AA, it is just dumb coincidence.....
LOL.

Old 02-18-2020, 12:04 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't often agree with Felonia Milhous Von Pantsuit, but she was spot on here!!!

With that being said, I believe she was referring to thugs of all colors and backgrounds. If the majority of crime being dealt with in the area she gave the speech at is AA, it is just dumb coincidence.....
It`s the president`s friends who are in jail, not "felonia".

Old 02-18-2020, 12:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
But it’s a lot more than simply “racist,” since you don’t seem eager on mentioning that even though blacks and whites use drugs at similar rates, we know exactly who is more likely to be incarcerated for drug possession.

And of course the crack epidemic had a disparate impact on urban blacks, but there was no outcry or “fixing” the problem but more laws and jail cells.

The War on Drugs failed. But the good news is crime actually is reducing and it’s actually been in decline very recently.
Because blacks are stopped more and arrested more often since they commit more crimes. Stands to reason a higher percentage will be in jail. They live in inner cities that have a high density of people. What better way to fight crime than to go where the most people are?

And yes the war on drugs is a failure and inadvertently affects minorities more. And yes fixing the problem wasn't really addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies