Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2020, 08:26 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
In Canada, people have the option of a health care paid MRI or a private MRI. Private is faster, health care paid MRI can take a year. Other services, such as ENT can also take a year. In the meantime, people suffer. No one really knows how long the delays actually are until they need the service.
Well, that's a surprise to me. On July 4th 2019 I had a minor stroke...On July 5th I was scheduled for an MRI on my health care....Please explain since you consider yourself an expert on the Canadian heath care system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 08:29 PM

698 posts, read 234,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, that's a surprise to me. On July 4th 2019 I had a minor stroke...On July 5th I was scheduled for an MRI on my health care....Please explain since you consider yourself an expert on the Canadian heath care system.
How long had you exhibited symptoms before you got to the hospital?

Old 02-20-2020, 08:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Poster Lieneke is Canadian.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Wait. You believe in Christ ?

Wait. Do YOU believe in Christ?

Old 02-20-2020, 09:01 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
10 pages of comments for what? If you love Canada's system feel free to move there. It ain't happening here.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:09 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Here is a fact. I live in Florida. We have very warm weather so our population is NOT from Florida. Much if from Canada. Yet they keep their Canadian citizenship to keep their medical coverage. Are they just stupid?

Old 02-20-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
10 pages of comments for what? If you love Canada's system feel free to move there. It ain't happening here.
Have you ever heard of this little thing called "immigration"? Have you ever considered the fact that, even IF people are accepted through immigration, they have to secure jobs, find housing and maybe schools? Have you ever thought that, maybe, there as many, if not more, logistics and life factors involved in moving to another country as there are in moving to another state?

Think.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:23 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Wait. You believe in Christ ?

And why are insurance premiums high : Obamacare. And if you believe for a minute the premiums are above other countries taxes, you have no idea how good you have it in the US.
HC expenditures per capita are well known for each country. US is the highest by far. High insurance premiums reflect the extremely high cost of HC and extremely high insurance overhead. None of this has anything to do with ACA.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Here is a fact. I live in Florida. We have very warm weather so our population is NOT from Florida. Much if from Canada. Yet they keep their Canadian citizenship to keep their medical coverage. Are they just stupid?
What exactly are you asking? A person cannot just obtain US citizenship -- you know that, right? One must legally immigrate here first, live here for several years, and then they can apply for citizenship if they wish to.

Are you asking, why don't these Canadians you know in Florida go through the process of immigrating to the US? I have no idea. Why don't you ask them? Maybe some of them have applied for residency, but have been denied. Then again, maybe they don't want to immigrate here. Believe it or not, not everyone does want to move permanently to the US.

Also, access to the Canadian healthcare system is dependent on residency, not on citizenship. I'm a Canadian citizen (dual citizen), but I would not be able to enjoy universal healthcare benefits there unless I were to move back and live there for at least 90 days.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:26 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What exactly are you asking? A person cannot just obtain US citizenship -- you know that, right? One must legally immigrate here first, live here for several years, and then they can apply for citizenship if they wish to.

Are you asking, why don't they go through the process of immigrating to the US? I have no idea. Why don't you ask them? Maybe some of them have applied for residency, but have been denied. Then again, maybe they don't want to immigrate here. Believe it or not, not everyone does want to move permanently to the US.

Also, access to the Canadian healthcare system is dependent on residency, not on citizenship. I'm a Canadian citizen (dual citizen), but I would not be able to enjoy universal healthcare benefits there unless I were to move back and live there for at least 90 days.
It is quite simple. They retain Canadian citizenship for healthcare because it is better than U.S. This is not an opinion. If you live in Fla you know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies