Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 11:25 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
In Canada, people have the option of a health care paid MRI or a private MRI. Private is faster, health care paid MRI can take a year. Other services, such as ENT can also take a year. In the meantime, people suffer. No one really knows how long the delays actually are until they need the service.
The wait time for a non emergency MRI in BC is 24 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 11:26 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You didn't answer my question. Did she pay for her surgery in France, and if so, how much?
Nice attempt to deflect the conversation.

The point is Canada is unable to provide reliable access to healthcare and people travel to the US or Europe because wait times put their lives are in danger here. This is a critique of Canada, not universal healthcare. Universal healthcare does work in France but only because of extremely high taxes (one of the highest in the world). The US system is the best compromise.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:26 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
The wait time for a non emergency MRI in BC is 24 days.
Don't provide facts, they don't like that.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Christ. That's because in order to get at decent healthcare in the US, you have to pay insurance premiums way above the percentage of taxes.
Wait. You believe in Christ ?

And why are insurance premiums high : Obamacare. And if you believe for a minute the premiums are above other countries taxes, you have no idea how good you have it in the US.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Don't provide facts, they don't like that.
Ontario :

"Patients who should be scanned within a target time of 28 days
Waited on average
63Days"

https://www.hqontario.ca/System-Perf...nType=AdultMRI

Old 02-20-2020, 11:33 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Nice attempt to deflect the conversation.

The point is Canada is unable to provide access to healthcare and people travel to the US or Europe because wait times put their lives are in danger here. This is a critique of Canada, not universal healthcare. Universal healthcare does work in France but only because of extremely high taxes (one of the highest in the world). The US system is the best compromise.
It's not a deflection but a challenge to your remarks.

Since you won't answer I will.

In France, residency is the requirement for, not citizenship. Anyone, French citizen or not, must live in France for 3 continuous months before being eligible for free care. So how urgent was it? Now I expect you to come forward and say she paid for it. Too late IMO.

Your comments about Canadian healthcare are the polar opposite of mine, and my family and friends.

No one I know has died waiting for care, and these include all sorts of cancers and major surgeries.

The extreme right wing think tank, which one would think would want to pad numbers, puts the number of Canadians receiving healthcare outside of Canada, at around 50,000 to 62,000 depending on the year. That is statically noting out of 37 million people.

If Canadians were dying waiting for care in the numbers you seem to be promoting, it would be all over the news. Heck, when someone ends up in a hallway instead of a room, it makes the news.

So, yes. Your talking points are all right wing nonsense IMO. I'm having a difficult time believing you are even in Canada.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:36 AM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Did you hear about the big movement in Canada to get rid of the health care system and clone ours?

Old 02-20-2020, 11:37 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
Did you hear about the big movement in Canada to get rid of the health care system and clone ours?
Ours needs the govt out of it, and who cares what Canada has?

Old 02-20-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It's not a deflection but a challenge to your remarks.

Since you won't answer I will.

In France, residency is the requirement for, not citizenship. Anyone, French citizen or not, must live in France for 3 continuous months before being eligible for free care. So how urgent was it? Now I expect you to come forward and say she paid for it. Too late IMO.
I explained she is a dual citizen. Besides, you are wrong. France will provide access to treatment to anyone who is present on the territory and needs it including newly arrived refugess. I should know, my mother was a nurse in France and in Canada. I am a Canadian citizen.

Edit : where did you read that citizens must be present for 3 months on the territory ? This is blatantly false. ALL French citizens are entitled to healthcare including dental. So, I don't know where you got this from, but the reality is all you need is your social security card and French ID card if you have one and you will receive treatment. No, she did not pay a single dime.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt...

Last edited by Sorel36; 02-20-2020 at 11:51 AM..

Old 02-20-2020, 11:40 AM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ours needs the govt out of it, and who cares what Canada has?
I didn't start the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies