Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:52 PM

1,838 posts, read 676,481 times

Advertisements

I think NBC/MSNBC will be biased for Warren, Biden and Bloomberg. Biden will not get tough questions asked but he might fall off the radar of importance with so many other candidates on the stage and everyone paying attention to Bloomberg for the first time. The moderators will ask Sanders loaded questions and not be in his favor. Klobuchar will get some questions thrown her way, and she will try to include twice as much detail in half the time.

Questions will be asked to Mayor Pete why his black support is low, so he will have to defend it again. Each debate, it's pointed out by a moderator and he must answer why it's low, so I'd expect it again. Hopefully he won't starting talking about the Douglass Plan.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:00 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are going to replace trumpo with a billionaire with a Napoleon complex...

sure that makes sense.. replace trump with trump 2.0
But at least we don't have to continually view his sickly grins, that would be worth it!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Still can't give us a single reason that Bloomberg would make a good President beyond your hatred for Turmp.
I could care less if he would make a good President, he could even end up being a bad President, but how could anyone, anyone, anyone be any worse than Trump!!!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see he's called out Blacks, He's called out the American blue collar worker, He's called out the America farmer. He wants to ban Big Gulps. He pretty contemptuous of most things outside the NYC bubble and doesn't mind showing it. Even Hillary wasn't that stupid.
Come now! There's no unity amongst any class of people! Gay people are not all united, Jews are not all united, Hispanics are not all united, Caucasians are not all united, Asians are not all united, and no difference with Black people. As if! There wasn't a single Black or Hispanic person that didn't praise Bloomberg's Stop and Frisk policies!

Old 02-18-2020, 10:31 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
don't you see the hypocrisy of this though...

no-one in the government has the right to tell me what to do with my body..not a mayor, not a governor, not a member of congress, not a president, not a first lady....

we sit there and say its a woman's right to choose what she does with her body..we say we should not prohibit drugs... but the liberals are sure quick to say we should prohibit sugar, big gulps, mcdonalds and Walmart..... that is hypocrisy at its worst
I absolutely see the hypocrisy. Why does government have a right to say what women do with their own bodies.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:35 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I absolutely see the hypocrisy. Why does government have a right to say what women do with their own bodies.
or men too

why does the government have ANY right to say what we eat, drink, smoke, marry etc

and it gets worse if the government gets into healthcare...once they have control of your healthcare, they have full control of you

Old 02-18-2020, 10:52 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
or men too

why does the government have ANY right to say what we eat, drink, smoke, marry etc

and it gets worse if the government gets into healthcare...once they have control of your healthcare, they have full control of you
Because some don't take care of themselves and are obese. And then their healthcare costs are spread out for all of us to pay for.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:24 AM

446 posts, read 167,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Obesity is a huge problem in America and most Americans don't even understand how the contents and portion sizes of their beverage choices contribute to it.
I disagree with the notion that Americans don't understand how food affects their health. Assuming that individual people are stupid is the root and problem of liberalism; because we are stupid, we need government making choices for us, in areas like retirement, health care, education, and lifestyle choices.

Individuals are fully capable of informing themselves and making choices based on this information. You see people make informed choices in a variety of areas, from car purchases to personal care items. In the area of obesity, some are freely choosing to overeat. In America, you're free to succeed or free to fail. You overeat, as an individual you must accept the consequences. Same goes for smoking, whether or not to breastfeed, etc., all areas in which liberal governments have fancied themselves as the one with the authority to mandate personal behavior. This is anti-American, evil, and despotic.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:28 AM

446 posts, read 167,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There was a guy at the table next to us who was so huge he couldn't fit in the chair because it had arms so they had to get him one without. And he could barely reach the table because his stomach was so big. He was breathing heavy and wheezing. I felt sorry for him until he ordered items from the raw bar in addition to 2 appetizers, an entree and a dessert along with multiple sodas. Do people not care about their health or looks anymore?

Well, that's all his problem, not yours or mine. I am 6' and 165 lbs. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I eat right, but enjoy from time to time a 32 oz regular coke. Why do I need to be penalized because others cannot control their food? Government just needs to butt the F out. Build roads, and leave us alone.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:32 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,415 times
Am looking forward to the debate. There is bound to be some friction. Want to see how each candidate handles themselves when faced with confrontation. But this is ultimately about defeating Trump. That is what is at stake here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies