Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2020, 07:18 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It is clear that Zimmerman was no where near his truck. He pursued Martin. What is also clear is that you are defending Zimmerman based upon Zimmerman's word which is almost as worthless as that of Jussie Smollett.

Why would Martin circle back? What would make him say "Hey I want to go kick that guy's butt? Yeah I have to wonder about that myself.

Why would Zimmerman lie? A lot of reasons. He killed the only other person who could testify to what actually happened.

Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck and left the police work to the real police.

Would you want Zimmerman for a neighbor? Would you want him as a neighborhood watch? He has a long history of anger issues.

He is only a victim of his own reckless behaviors. Would he have been following Martin if he wasn't armed? I sincerely doubt it.
This (in boldface) is the bottom line. The cops were on the way and the dispatcher advised him that "we don't need you to do that" (leave his truck and search for Martin on foot). Zimmerman should have just stayed in his truck and avoided the possibility of a confrontation with Martin. And I agree with you that he would not have left his truck had he not been packing a 9 mil. I have a CC permit and support right to carry (shall issue) laws. But Zimmerman is living proof that some people should not be walking around carrying a lethal weapon.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:21 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah at 7 my son was a handful. Yeah at 17 he was still black. Fortunately my neighbors weren't George Zimmerman. They actually accepted my son, hoodie and all. He could walk at night and not be assumed a criminal.
Is it possible your son wasn't a criminal? Unlike Trayvon, who was a criminal and was acting like one? Is it possible that your neighbors would have turned out to be George Zimmerman if your son had attacked them and put their life in jeopardy? Everything Zimmerman did was completely proper.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It is 100% relevant to Martin's state of mind and upbringing. It is 100% relevant as he started selling guns. .
This is the second time you have made this claim. I googled searched for something to support it and could find nothing. And you provided nothing after being asked to do so. So once again I call BS on your claim.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:30 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
This is the second time you have made this claim. I googled searched for something to support it and could find nothing. And you provided nothing after being asked to do so. So once again I call BS on your claim.
speaking of providing nothing after being asked to do so -

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post57385823

i call BS on yours.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:31 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
[quote=hbdwihdh378y9;57388338]Is it possible your son wasn't a criminal? Unlike Trayvon, who was a criminal and was acting like one? Is it possible that your neighbors would have turned out to be George Zimmerman if your son had attacked them and put their life in jeopardy? Everything Zimmerman did was completely proper.[/QUOTE]

According to who?

How did he know that Martin was or wasn't a criminal? By the hoodie?

My neighbors don't follow people around at night. We actually believe in the right to walk down the street.

Proper? If someone were following me at night, my first thought wouldn't be "Oh look I made a new friend." It would be "someone is looking for trouble."

So how exactly did neighborhood Watch Zimmerman know that Martin was or wasn't a criminal? Oh yeah he just assumed it.

To me Zimmerman was acting like a criminal by following Martin. Just saying.

Normally I defend the shooter. I can give benefit of the doubt most of the time. Zimmerman? Nah he has too much history and his behavior after the fact speaks volumes .
As I said earlier. What bothers me most about Zimmerman is he is the poster child for the Left's anti-gun campaign. He exemplifies the stereotypical hot headed paranoid gunner stereotype.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
speaking of providing nothing after being asked to do so -

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post57385823

i call BS on yours.
(1) You're in the wrong thread.

(2) You obviously made no attempt to see if there is anything behind my claim (once again I suggest you google "Trump and adderall" and you'll find plenty of material that supports my claim) whereas I checked on the other poster's claim and found nothing to support it.

(3) Didn't you start a thread a while back claiming that the Democratic party is controlled by Satan?

Old 02-21-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
(1) You're in the wrong thread.
no, this is the correct thread.

Quote:
(2) You obviously made no attempt to see if there is anything behind my claim (once again I suggest you google "Trump and adderall" and you'll find plenty of material that supports my claim) whereas I checked on the other poster's claim and found nothing to support it.
it's not my job to back up your claims - it's yours. if you can't back it up, just admit you made it up.

Quote:
(3) Didn't you start a thread a while back claiming that the Democratic party is controlled by Satan?
nope. link pls. if you believe i did.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
no, this is the correct thread.

it's not my job to back up your claims - it's yours. if you can't back it up, just admit you made it up.

nope. link pls. if you believe i did.
I'm sure you're aware that thread was deleted. And once again google "Trump and Adderall". Educate yourself.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I'm sure you're aware that thread was deleted.
i'm aware of no such thing, having never seen the thread you think you saw. but.. how convenient for you. no way to make you prove your false claim, right?

Quote:
And once again google "Trump and Adderall". Educate yourself.
you google it. and bring back what you find. why did you chastise someone else for not backing up a claim when you're so completely unwilling and unable to back up yours?

Old 02-21-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
i'm aware of no such thing. but.. how convenient for you. no way to make you prove your false claim, right?

you google it. and bring back what you find. why did you chastise someone else for not backing up a claim when you're so completely unwilling and unable to back up yours?
"Donald Trump sniffing and heavy breathing during his speech last night (Jan. 9) on border security, reinforced claims that he regularly snorts Adderall to get through situations that require his concentration and attention to detail."--Money and Power

You can look it up. And there's plenty more including an eyewitness account from Tom Arnold. Makes for hilarious reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies