Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 11:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times

Advertisements

How come no one has answered how these ridiculous amounts in Z's lawsuits would even get paid? Trayvon's mother doesn't have $100,000 let alone $100million and I'm pretty sure that Pete and Elizabeth don't have a 1/4 billion dollars.....

Old 02-23-2020, 11:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In a nutshell.

Even mentioning stuff like "his father had gang tattoos" is an implicit admission of how weak the case was, and how dependent the pro-vigilante contingent is on the idea that he had to be guilty of something.
If the case was so weak, why was the verdict unanimous among jurors?

You seem to want the case to be something it wasn't.

It helps to actually look at the evidence.

It was PROVED that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Not the other way around. Absolutely 100% proved by evidence.

Something you seem completely incapable of researching and understanding for YOURSELF.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

You seem to want the case to be something it wasn't.

It helps to actually look at the evidence.

It was PROVED that Martin attacked Zimmerman. Not the other way around. Absolutely 100% proved by evidence.

Something you seem completely incapable of researching and understanding for YOURSELF.
Answer this question, did you personally think that OJ Simpson or Casey Anthony were innocent, I mean, after all, their juries aquitted

Old 02-23-2020, 11:43 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
I wasn't in the jury room, neither were you. And tons of weak cases are decided unanimously.

You're missing the point: Dirt on Trayvon Martin's past (or his father's gang tattoos, as someone decided to bring up) was not evidence at trial, nor should it have been. If you're so certain of your case on the legal facts, Trayvon Martin's past (and that of his father) is irrelevant.

You're selling a narrative to make yourself feel better about an unnecessary death. A narrative based on the idea of a thug, son of a thug, who got his comeuppance. And that's indecent.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Answer this question, did you personally think that OJ Simpson or Casey Anthony were innocent, I mean, after all, their juries aquitted
Look forward to all your intelligent and thoughtful and COMPLETE analysis using all the evidence presented in the courtroom for all 3 cases. Can't wait to hear it all. Go for it.

When someone who is larger than you is straddling you on the ground when you are pinned flat on your back, punching you in the face repeatedly and forcefully in the face MMA style, and repeatedly smashing your head against a concrete sidewalk .... you are allowed to defend yourself.

Above was proved 100% with
physical evidence from the scene
medical examiners reports for Zimmerman
medical examiners reports for Martin
eyewitness testimony

But you knew all that, right??? Just don't like the narrative so pretend it means something else.

And in a stunning move, Zimmerman actually TESTIFIED. At his own trial. Any defense lawyer will tell you this is usually NEVER EVER EVER done because the chance of being found guilty is greater when the accused can be cross examined.

And the jurors found him not guilty.

Do you know anything at all about the case? Anything? Anything at ALL?

Old 02-23-2020, 11:44 AM

698 posts, read 234,620 times
Quote:
I wasn't in the jury room, neither were you. And tons of weak cases are decided unanimously.

You're missing the point: Dirt on Trayvon Martin's past (or his father's gang tattoos, as someone decided to bring up) was not evidence at trial, nor should it have been. If you're so certain of your case on the legal facts, Trayvon Martin's past (and that of his father) is irrelevant.

You're selling a narrative to make yourself feel better about an unnecessary death. A narrative based on the idea of a thug, son of a thug, who got his comeuppance. And that's indecent.
they want to believe so bad.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Look forward to all your intelligent and thoughtful and COMPLETE analysis using all the evidence presented in the courtroom for all 3 cases. Can't wait to hear it all. Go for it.

When someone who is larger than you is straddling you on the ground when you are pinned flat on your back, punching you in the face repeatedly and forcefully in the face MMA style, and repeatedly smashing your head against a concrete sidewalk .... you are allowed to defend yourself.

Above was proved 100% with
physical evidence from the scene
medical examiners reports for Zimmerman
medical examiners reports for Martin
eyewitness testimony

But you knew all that, right??? Just don't like the narrative so pretend it means something else.

And in a stunning move, Zimmerman actually TESTIFIED. At his own trial. Any defense lawyer will tell you this is usually NEVER EVER EVER done because the chance of being found guilty is greater when the accused can be cross examined.

And the jurors found him not guilty.

Do you know anything at all about the case? Anything? Anything at ALL?
Larger? I'm pretty sure that Zimmerman outweighed Martin by a good bit....

Old 02-23-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:

I watched the trial. DID YOU?

Nope. You know NOTHING about this case.

YOU are the one calling Martin all kinds of names. Not me. WHY?

PS. I believed all the media hype before I actually learned about all the evidence. Then I switched my opinion 180 degrees. Because I finally learned about all the EVIDENCE.

The verdict was correct. It was a horrible thing that happened, but the VERDICT was CORRECT.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:49 AM

698 posts, read 234,620 times
Quote:
Larger? I'm pretty sure that Zimmerman outweighed Martin by a good bit....
But he was black, and scary...and he had a hoodie for god's sake.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:51 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
How come no one has answered how these ridiculous amounts in Z's lawsuits would even get paid? Trayvon's mother doesn't have $100,000 let alone $100million and I'm pretty sure that Pete and Elizabeth don't have a 1/4 billion dollars.....
Larry Klayman is a publicity hound, there's an election coming up and it's time to shore up support among the gun lovers. For reasons known only to themselves, they latched on to this case as emblematic of their cause. The fact that you could buy buy targets with hooded figures holding skittles at gun fairs does provide a disturbing insight into their psyche, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies