Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, who won tonight's debate?
Vice President Joe Biden 1 1.43%
Sen. Bernie Sanders 7 10.00%
Sen. Amy Klobuchar 4 5.71%
Mayor Pete Buttigieg 32 45.71%
Sen. Elizabeth Warren 18 25.71%
Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 09:53 AM

112 posts, read 51,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I can't wait to watch Saturday Night Live.
They need that Kate McKinnon chick to do Warren. Hubs has shown me some hysterical skits on YouTube where she is among a group of three peeps being debriefed about some 'ordeal' or another. In one of them (UFOs I think) Ryan Gosling couldn't keep it together. funny stuff. almost like the old days.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Did I miss anything interesting? Bernie still wants wealth redistribution, Elizabeth Warren is still an angry feminist, Mayor Pete is still gay, Mike is still rich, and all of these people want open borders and want to take my right to a gun.

Correct?

Old 02-20-2020, 09:59 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Mayor Buttplug is NOT a "combat veteran". He was an on-base "uber driver" who didn't even go through basic training.
here is the military times take on it. The most comprehensive explanation I have seen. its for each individual to determine what they consider a veteran. By the "rule of law" he is not no CAB was awarded him.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ting-role.html

Old 02-20-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Wait, you want to converse without name calling but in the same breath you smear Democrats as being homophobic? The main reason moderates don't support Mayor Pete is his relative lack of experience. He has a thin resume. And while mayor there was a tremendous amount of tension with the AA community over the slaying of a black man by the police. It's pretty tough to win a Dem nomination if the AA community opposes you.
11% of the population?

Old 02-20-2020, 10:03 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
I think Bloomberg survived the debate, despite vicious attacks from the radical side of the party. Biden is like a ghost out there. As a conservative, Bloomberg is the least scary from a policy standpoint. He won’t propose radical change and knows that capitalism drives our success. I would still vote Trump but I don’t believe a Bloomberg presidency would tank our country and the markets like a Bernie or Warren presidency would. The fact that Bernie now has a clear path to victory is terrifying. Is it the anger that are driving people to him, the ill informed youth?

Last edited by ColoradoOnMyMind; 02-20-2020 at 10:17 AM..

Old 02-20-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Of the all the presidents of the last 100 years, the only true combat veterans were GHWB, JFK ad Ike. In other words, combat vet status is the exception, not the rule. File it under "WTF cares?" The most revered of Democrats since JFK is Obama, and that sissy is as far away from combat vet as Rosie O'Donnell is from prima ballerina, yet he was POTUS for two terms and is still beloved to near deity/messiah levels.

I am not diminishing anyone doing time in the military in any capacity, but I am diminishing the notion that it matters to be the elected civilian leader of the Executive Branch.
you forgot Truman...…..

Old 02-20-2020, 10:07 AM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you forgot Truman...…..
I don't think Truman ever left the United States while in the military. He was stationed here.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I don't think Truman ever left the United States while in the military. He was stationed here.
It was WW1.

https://www.historyonthenet.com/harry-truman-ww1

Old 02-20-2020, 10:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Did I miss anything interesting? Bernie still wants wealth redistribution, Elizabeth Warren is still an angry feminist, Mayor Pete is still gay, Mike is still rich, and all of these people want open borders and want to take my right to a gun.
You did. Big time. Watch this. He's ruint for sure.

I've never seen such a complete political gutting as this on national TV.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1230344643923107846

She ruined him completely with the working woman.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:24 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I think Bloomberg survived the debate, despite vicious attacks from the radical side of the party. Biden is like a ghost out there. As a conservative, Bloomberg is the least scary from a policy standpoint. He won’t propose radical change and knows that capitalism drives our success. I would still vote Trump but I don’t believe a Bloomberg presidency would tank our country and the markets like a Bernie or Warren presidency would. The fact that Bernie now has a clear path to victory is terrifying. Is it the anger that are driving people to him, the ill informed youth?
I 100% agree with this as a Trump voter. As a NYC resident who has lived under Bloomberg the only unforgivable thing that ever really sat wrong with me is how he overturned the Mayoral term limits back in 2008, and it was his only blemish on his record to me and it was a big reason why I would never vote for him.

However, all that aside if I had to actually choose a Democrat candidate on the ticket that I would want to win--I'd choose Bloomberg. He'd keep the country going in the right direction with Trump's economy. My only real issue with him outside of that is his age and his ability to really work with world leaders. I really have doubt on his ability to work the world arena, but then again he's probably as strong as any of the Dem candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies