Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL 15 of 100? So 85% disagree with you. I can buy that statistic as reasonable.

Insulting. Oh yeah, tons of work, especially between 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM... Hair to be done, nails to be buffed, TV soaps to be watched. And the kids turn out so much better.... Well wait, no confirmation of that.
My office doesn't consist entirely of women of child-bearing age.

Your attitude about stay-at-home mothers is disgusting. As previously stated, you clearly have no idea how much they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
Then you can kiss my a--.

I respect your husband for doing what is needed to take care of his family, but don't disparage a man for choosing to spend time with his family when his work and his family are taken care of.
My point is -- there is no need for a man to be home, it's extra vacation time for him and serves no purpose.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM

540 posts, read 962,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
My point is -- there is no need for a man to be home, it's extra vacation time for him and serves no purpose.
If you can't understand how spending more time together when the opportunity is available can enrich a families relationship, I feel sorry for you.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
If you can't understand how spending more time together when the opportunity is available can enrich a families relationship, I feel sorry for you.
I understand how much time together is good for a family, I just don't see a valid reason why mothers AND fathers need to take time off of work to care for a newborn child.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:50 PM

540 posts, read 962,483 times
Quote:
I understand how much time together is good for a family, I just don't see a valid reason why mothers AND fathers need to take time off of work to care for a newborn child.
It's not a matter NEED. I CHOSE to, because I felt that spending that time with my family was more important than going to work for that four weeks. We had the money put away so that we could afford it and I had gotten far enough ahead at work and was able to catch up when I got back that my employer didn't suffer (heck, they got extra work out of me before and after, and didn't have to pay me for those four weeks).

I took offense with your comment, "What self-respecting man would use the FMLA to take off when his wife has a child?" because I consider myself a self-respecting man and I chose to use FMLA.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
My office doesn't consist entirely of women of child-bearing age.

Your attitude about stay-at-home mothers is disgusting. As previously stated, you clearly have no idea how much they do.
Colossal and silly arrogance. I know what it takes to raise a child. My wife and I have done that, all the time both of us working full time.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Colossal and silly arrogance. I know what it takes to raise a child. My wife and I have done that, all the time both of us working full time.
Good for you, would you like a medal? How about a parade...

There's nothing wrong with both parents working, don't chastise and belittle the women who choose to stay at home to raise their children.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:57 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with both parents working, don't chastise and belittle the women who choose to stay at home to raise their children.
Neither necessary nor sufficient.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:03 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,649,754 times
Quote:
LOL 15 of 100? So 85% disagree with you. I can buy that statistic as reasonable.

Insulting. Oh yeah, tons of work, especially between 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM... Hair to be done, nails to be buffed, TV soaps to be watched. And the kids turn out so much better.... Well wait, no confirmation of that.

You cannot be serious. PLEASE tell me you're joking or being ironic.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,017,296 times
'Compassionate Conservative' seems like an oxymoron to me- the two cannot coexist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies