Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 01:58 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#4fd3939a762b

This is why I think we are still a decade or two away from federal legalization in the U.S. It's a shame because this issue is one that could be bipartisan. The divide on it is more generational than it is partisan, but the Republican Party seems ready to go all in on prohibition. Meanwhile, the Democrats are becoming far more comfortable with openly supporting legalization.

Question for conservatives: How does keeping marijuana illegal protect the moral fabric of our society?
No one cares if u smoke weed bro.

I think u need to chill a bit. Try some indica.

Weed is incredibly easy to get anywhere in the USA.

Sure it would be great if it was legal but, don’t let other people take away your enjoyment of life.

I don’t need to conform to anyone else’s rules, and I enjoy the herb just fine in a red state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 02:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No one cares if u smoke weed bro.

I think u need to chill a bit. Try some indica.

Weed is incredibly easy to get anywhere in the USA.

Sure it would be great if it was legal but, don’t let other people take away your enjoyment of life.

I don’t need to conform to anyone else’s rules, and I enjoy the herb just fine in a red state.
People in prison over possession of marijuana surely wonder how smart and lucky you are.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:04 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
People in prison over possession of marijuana surely wonder how smart and lucky you are.
It’s semi-legal in cities now even in red states.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
1. Government isn't moral.
2. Government isn't society
3. Conservatives are not for more government.
4. Democrats are not for legalization. They proved that when they controlled Congress and the White House and didn't legalize freedom.
Neither are Republicans. They couldn't make government smaller by abolishing ObamaCare or legalize marijuana while they ruled the presidency and Congress.

Generally speaking, there still isn't a dime's worth of difference between the Republican and Democrat parties.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:07 PM

698 posts, read 234,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It’s semi-legal in cities now even in red states.
My son says his PD (big city, midwest) has been told not to cite for it unless they have a lot, or need additional charges.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
I was raised in hail fire and brimstone baptist type church in the 60's. My family, my mother and and most people I was raised with still are. I have lived all over the country and have recently returned to my home town and am acclimating. I really cannot say when it was, it might have been when Obama started running, but at some point religion and politics merged in their minds. Maybe it was Roe v Wade? But now it seems religion and politics are so intertwined I cant tell them apart anymore. And then there is Trump. How could a group that truly believes have him as their leader?
In the case of Evangelicals, their no. 1 issue, by far, is to get abortion banned and will support any president who claims to be pro-life no matter how lacking in morals and integrity he was in the past or currently.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:25 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times
Ecumenicals join with interfaith evangelicals to resist drug smoke on the streets.

Old 02-22-2020, 02:45 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Make it legal. Tax it, make a killing. Take those taxes and actually do something helpful for americans, instead of putting them in jail, like the government used to with alcohol possession. Prohibition of marijuana is stupid and unnecessary.

Old 02-22-2020, 04:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Make it legal. Tax it, make a killing. Take those taxes and actually do something helpful for americans, instead of putting them in jail, like the government used to with alcohol possession. Prohibition of marijuana is stupid and unnecessary.
prohibition of anything is stupid, and anti-freedom

Old 02-22-2020, 04:21 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Marijuana will eventually become legal, for the same reason that our freeway speeding camera's were taken down. Because a lot of powerful influential people happen to smoke it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies