Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 09:07 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Serious question! We have NEVER, EVER seen anything like Bloomberg, in the history of the world. Trump is rich, sure (not THAT rich, as Dems like to point out). And he spent quite a bit in 2016.....$65 million. (Other candidates for office have spent $20-30 million of their own money).

So we heard alot about the plutocracy over the last four years...........from the left.

Along comes Bloomberg! Do we all realize just how much bigger a BILLION is than a million?? He is going spend $5 BILLION OF HIS OWN MONEY to try to win this election!! (At least that much!)

It's like Citizen Kane and the Robber Barons had a wedding!!

If the GOP was doing this, what would you say?? Be honest!!

This is the most astounding phenomenon in the history of American politics. And it's pure cancer, of course....
Atleast he’s been serious about spending his own money. trump just says that then reimburses himself.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:07 AM

698 posts, read 234,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Can’t rep you again but you are exactly right. Trump rode the birther train into the White House and his supporters said “Look, he’s so benevolent, he’s using his own money and won’t take a salary! He didn’t need to do this, he could have just enjoyed his money, he must really love us!”
If you go on very conservative forums and read threads about dear leader, it is amazing. I was on one recently they were gushing on about Him. Seems one of the "people" noticed Trump's limo (back in the 90's I believe) sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire. The good old boy stopped and changed the tire. Dear Leader asked him what he would like for doing it. Good old boy says flowers for his wife. Trump paid off his house. They actually banned me from the forum when I started pointing out all the flaws with this silly story.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:08 AM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
You are not even arguing in good faith. Shameful. You rank and utter sneaky partisan.
This thread is about a plutocrat spending an unimaginable amount of money to become president.
You are trying to change the subject completely (YOUR post is about more wealthy people supporting one party over another. Only a moron or someone who is arguing in bad faith would equate those two subjects).

I will not allow you to hijack this topic, sorry.
Why does one person doing that make the entire democratic party the party of plutocrats?

Talk about not arguing in good faith! You don't even understand basic logic let alone know what good faith is.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:12 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
If you go on very conservative forums and read threads about dear leader, it is amazing. I was on one recently they were gushing on about Him. Seems one of the "people" noticed Trump's limo (back in the 90's I believe) sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire. The good old boy stopped and changed the tire. Dear Leader asked him what he would like for doing it. Good old boy says flowers for his wife. Trump paid off his house. They actually banned me from the forum when I started pointing out all the flaws with this silly story.
They really have some nerve complaining about Bloomberg having a lot of money. And he’s Jewish so they can’t say anything about that, and he’s white, he’s a man and he’s not grossly obese.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:16 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
One guy makes half true statement.
5 other guys point out the other half
One guy gets mad.

Yep a normal day here on CD. Yes Im guilty too.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:16 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I absolutely love it. I really do. I hope he puts his family in charge of foreign policy and puts Bloomberg News in charge of the press room. Talk about owning the cons, I wouldn’t be able to stop laughing. I’m laughing now just thinking about it.
Seacove for plutocracy!! Seacove for plutocracy! Seacove for plutocracy!! lol

(Poms poms coming soon.........)

Old 02-21-2020, 09:17 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
That’s what his driver is for.

Seriously. Trump hasn’t paid off anyone’s house out of the “kindness” of his “heart”

Old 02-21-2020, 09:17 AM

You libs are HILARIOUS!! Your only response is to immediately switch to Trump.
Do you realize how hilarious that is?? lol

Old 02-21-2020, 09:19 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Seacove for plutocracy!! Seacove for plutocracy! Seacove for plutocracy!! lol

(Poms poms coming soon.........)
Bring on the pom poms. If one were to design a candidate in a lab, in response to the current era, Bloomberg is it. It’s hysterically funny and the objections are very revealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Why does one person doing that make the entire democratic party the party of plutocrats?

Talk about not arguing in good faith! You don't even understand basic logic let alone know what good faith is.
Because the party in which this is happening (a plutocrat spending an absolutely unimaginable amount of money to win the White House) just happens to be...........wait for it..........wait for it...............the Dems.

(Which is kind of ironic and funny, given the LONG history of democrats being the party which.............I don't really need to complete the point now, do I??........)
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies