Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 09:21 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You libs are HILARIOUS!! Your only response is to immediately switch to Trump.
Do you realize how hilarious that is?? lol
Bloomberg is a citizen of the US and has just as much right to run as a Presidential candidate as the next guy. He was a Mayor and has political experience. Money or no money I don't see anything wrong with him running.

There... feel better now?

Old 02-21-2020, 09:21 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
You libs are HILARIOUS!! Your only response is to immediately switch to Trump.
Do you realize how hilarious that is?? lol
Yes I do! That’s exactly what makes it so funny. The GOP objecting to someone exactly like the one they love only more so! It’s beautiful! That alone would make me vote for him!

Old 02-21-2020, 09:22 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Bloomberg is a citizen of the US and has just as much right to run as a Presidential candidate as the next guy. He was a Mayor and has political experience. Money or no money I don't see anything wrong with him running.

There... feel better now?
Of COURSE he has a right. That isn't even close to being the thread topic.

Sooo.........you are okay with the world's biggest plutocrat buying the White House, safe to say??........:t hink:

Old 02-21-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yes I do! That’s exactly what makes it so funny. The GOP objecting to someone exactly like the one they live only more so! It’s beautiful! That alone would make me vote for him!
You would be HOWLING if this particular plutocrat-times-ten were a Republican. Absolutely howling.

Which means you have no principles.
lol

Old 02-21-2020, 09:24 AM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Because the party in which this is happening (a plutocrat spending an absolutely unimaginable amount of money to win the White House) just happens to be...........wait for it..........wait for it...............the Dems.

(Which is kind of ironic and funny, given the LONG history of democrats being the party which.............I don't really need to complete the point now, do I??........)
It's telling you did not even actually answer my question.

According to your reasoning, since one republican is accused of, and pleads guilty to, sexual abuse, that makes republicans "the party of sexual abusers."

Yup - one person in a political party doing something means that the entire party is guilty of that crime!

Old 02-21-2020, 09:25 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Both parties are owned by the true elite.
And
You do not see the similarities between Trump and Bloomberg?

Sanders looks like the early leader. Biden is make or break in SC coming up. I do not see Bloomberg winning much...?yet?
Agree with all of this.

None of the republican lawmakers like Donald Trump, they're probably repulsed by him. But most politicians are out for themselves, and are owned by the rich. Republicans in Congress go along with Trump and defend him because they want to keep him in power so the rich donors and lobbyists get what they want.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's telling you did not even actually answer my question.

According to your reasoning, since one republican is accused of, and pleads guilty to, sexual abuse, that makes republicans "the party of sexual abusers."

Yup - one person in a political party doing something means that the entire party is guilty of that crime!
But it's the SCALE of this particular plutocrat which makes the thread title accurate. Are you incapable of seeing that??

It's THE SCALE.

(If he was polling 1%, your complaint might be fair).

Old 02-21-2020, 09:26 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
You would be HOWLING if this particular plutocrat-times-ten were a Republican. Absolutely howling.

Which means you have no principles.
lol
Howling about Trump’s money? No I wasn’t. Show me where I have. I think Trump is in debt up to his eyeballs, so no, I haven’t complained about his money. Bloomberg is everything the GOP loves except he’s running against them. It’s very funny.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:27 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,528 times
Quote:
Of COURSE he has a right. That isn't even close to being the thread topic.

Sooo.........you are okay with the world's biggest plutocrat buying the White House, safe to say??........:t hink:
No. To me he is not buying the Presidency. That is where I differ with a lot of people on both sides. Yes he can spend more of his own money than other candidates. No one has to shell anything out for him to run. Won't be bombarded with constant requests to donate. But he will be judged on his stance on various issues like the others in the race. Ultimately people will decide if that is what they want or not for the next four years.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agree with all of this.

None of the republican lawmakers like Donald Trump, they're probably repulsed by him. But most politicians are out for themselves, and are owned by the rich. Republicans in Congress go along with Trump and defend him because they want to keep him in power so the rich donors and lobbyists get what they want.
Why are you suggesting that "million is similar to billion"?????
Bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies