Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 10:14 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Dumb guy and thread. He is speaking his truth, as did all the people that he is commenting on. The simple fact is is that they serve at the president's pleasure. As I face in my job, and everyone else faces around America, there are consequences for speaking. It is just reality, and it has been the same with every president.

As for Trump, this is the first president in my lifetime who had taken on Chinese dumping, currency pegging, and intellectual theft. He has declined to let the Iranians sponsor terror with impunity, as opposed to Obama who facilitated it. He has forced more NATO allies to pay their agreed 2% to oppose Russia. He was recommended for a Nobel Prize by the South Korean President. He has pounded ISIS mercilessly. He has rebuilt our military. And on, and on, and on. If you think Trump is FACILITATING evil, you are so brainwashed, so far though the looking glass, so into Bizzaro world that you simply don't matter. As has always been the case in my lifetime, it is the DEMOCRATS who are traitors to America and humanity. I wonder how this guy votes.
Please, stop with all this truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 10:28 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Wow! You've never served Our Country not one day in your life or with your life. You do not understand the Military Principles of Pride, Honesty, Integrity, Dignity, Sacrifice, Due Diligence, Honor, Discipline, etc.

These principles are deeply ingrained within Each Serviceperson who Served Our Country, as like Retired Admiral McRaven. We, and the likes of Retired Admiral McRaven, can Honorably Salute Our Flag knowing we've done and given our best. You, Miss or Mrs., will never rise to this level in your lifetime.

God Bless The United States of America! My Home Sweet Home!

USN/COMPHIBGRU1/USS Vancouver (LPD-2)/B-Division
FYI, Listener is a vet and I think he served during the Viet Nam era; so I don't think this is fair statement. While I'm not with him on his politics he did serve the country honorably. Of course he, like a lot of us, occasionally gets frisky on this board. But all in all he comes across as a fine and decent man.

That being said, if he was still in the service we ought to send him to the brig for saying nasty things about the Admiral.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:51 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
When I compare my net worth 10 years ago under Obama's hope and change mantra to today's net worth under Trump's MAGA, you bet your ass it's worth it. TRUMP 2020 AND BEYOND!
Sure the stock market is up so we don't need to be critical of a lack of integrity and honesty by the either the GOP or the president.

Stock market increased under Obama also but we didn't need to listen to all the lies.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:11 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Wow! You've never served Our Country not one day in your life or with your life. You do not understand the Military Principles of Pride, Honesty, Integrity, Dignity, Sacrifice, Due Diligence, Honor, Discipline, etc.

These principles are deeply ingrained within Each Serviceperson who Served Our Country, as like Retired Admiral McRaven. We, and the likes of Retired Admiral McRaven, can Honorably Salute Our Flag knowing we've done and given our best. You, Miss or Mrs., will never rise to this level in your lifetime.

God Bless The United States of America! My Home Sweet Home!

USN/COMPHIBGRU1/USS Vancouver (LPD-2)/B-Division
You are wrong. And stupidly so.

I served 9 years active duty in the navy. My opinion about admirals is based on experience with them.
In 1965 I served with Adm John McCain in the Atlantic fleet and experienced first hand the bullying and needless harassment that that particular man delivered to his crew. To wit:

"Attention on Deck"! Admiral McCain made an unannounced, an accompanied visit to the radio room of the USS Pocono, where I was stationed. The first man to see McCain sounded off and we all reacted accordingly.
The senior man (RM1) stepped forward and addressed McCain. "Good morning Admiral," was all he said.
McCain glowered at him until our RM1 felt himself burn.
"Don't you ever speak to an Admiral until he speaks to you", was the order.
"Yes Sir".
McCain continued to glower and stare, and then simply turned around and left.

You may consider that sort of nonsense to be leadership, but I don't. McCain was a simple bully that was not the only time that I witnessed that sort of harassment toward enlisted personnel who were unable to defend themselves.

I left the service in '71 after serving on Minesweeps in Vietnam, and other various ships on East and West coast. As an ET, I carried a top secret clearance. Today, I require much more than your rank before I respect your opinion.

PS: B Division?! Gimmee a break; you were a snipe.

Last edited by Listener2307; 02-23-2020 at 09:35 AM..

Old 02-23-2020, 09:17 AM

698 posts, read 234,515 times
When a senior officer walks on deck in the Marine Corps, I am not sure what you are saying he did wrong.
I was kinda fond of all of my chain, but officers from other units often acted kinda like that. We didnt have many generals running around, but I just, I dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You are wrong. And stupidly so.

I served 9 years active duty in the navy. My opinion about admirals is based on experience with them.
In 1965 I served with Adm John McCain in the Atlantic fleet and experienced first hand the bullying and needless harassment that that particular man delivered to his crew. To wit:

"Attention on Deck"! Admiral McCain made an unannounced, an accompanied visit to the radio room of the USS Pocono, where I was stationed. The first man to see McCain sounded off and we all reacted accordingly.
The senior man (RM1) stepped forward and addressed McCain. "Good morning Admiral," was all he said.
McCain glowered at him until our RM1 felt himself burn.
"Don't you ever speak to an Admiral until he speaks to you", was the order.
"Yes Sir".
McCain continued to glower and stare, and then simply turned around and left.

You may consider that sort of nonsense to be leadership, but I don't. McCain was a simple bully that was not the only time that I witnessed that sort of harassment toward enlisted personnel who were unable to defend themselves.

I left the service in '71 after serving on Minesweeps in Vietnam, and other various ships on East and West coast. As an ET, I carried a top secret clearance. Today, I require much more than your rank before I respect your opinion.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:18 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,417,250 times
I knew before I even read it that the post would be slanted against Trump..... wonder why? lol

Old 02-23-2020, 09:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
I knew before I even read it that the post would be slanted against Trump..... wonder why? lol
Maybe wounded combat vets have little respect for loudmouth chickenspits?

Call it a hunch.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Because retired and decorated military officers who served their country honorably think Trump is a dangerous demagogue?

Just a guess...

Old 02-23-2020, 09:43 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by listener2307 View Post
you are wrong. And stupidly so.

In 1965 i served with adm john mccain in the atlantic fleet and experienced first hand the bullying and needless harassment that that particular man delivered to his crew. To wit:

"attention on deck"! admiral mccain made an unannounced, an accompanied visit to the radio room of the uss pocono, where i was stationed. The first man to see mccain sounded off and we all reacted accordingly.
The senior man (rm1) stepped forward and addressed mccain. "good morning admiral," was all he said.
Mccain glowered at him until our rm1 felt himself burn.
"don't you ever speak to an admiral until he speaks to you", was the order.
"yes sir".
Mccain continued to glower and stare, and then simply turned around and left.

You may consider that sort of nonsense to be leadership, but i don't. Mccain was a simple bully that was not the only time that i witnessed that sort of harassment toward enlisted personnel who were unable to defend themselves.

I left the service in '71 after serving on minesweeps in vietnam, and other various ships on east and west coast. As an et, i carried a top secret clearance. Today, i require much more than your rank before i respect your opinion.

ps: B division?! Gimmee a break; you were a snipe.
lol

Old 02-23-2020, 09:43 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe wounded combat vets have little respect for loudmouth chickenspits?........
If they only allowed wounded war vets to vote there would not be more than 4 Democrats in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies