Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 05:38 AM

698 posts, read 234,453 times

Advertisements

It is very difficult to debate science. One side of this issue uses science, the other repeats political talking points. Why do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 06:02 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
I cannot find the list of 500 names and what their specialities are.
I see only one name Dr. Waheed Uddin is a professor of civil engineering at University of Mississippi, he was a pavement expert at the UN. I would bet there is some Koch money in his background. I can imagine the fields of expertise of the rest. Another reason not to avoid publications like the Washington Times.

One of the main points “Global warming has not increased natural disasters”, this is one funny bunch.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:15 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
I cannot find the list of 500 names and what their specialities are.
"I cannot find the list of 500 names and what their specialities are."

Please provide the list of ALL scientist who claim global warming exists and what THEIR specialty is.

Guess it is NOT "settled science" as many have claimed, and "we told you so"!

Old 02-23-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I see only one name Dr. Waheed Uddin is a professor of civil engineering at University of Mississippi, he was a pavement expert at the UN. I would bet there is some Koch money in his background. I can imagine the fields of expertise of the rest. Another reason not to avoid publications like the Washington Times.

One of the main points “Global warming has not increased natural disasters”, this is one funny bunch.
That is the reason i pointed out the list of names and dropped it. In my profession, when I critique a study to decide how much wight I give the findings is I do look at who did it and their credentials. I would give zero weight to someone with an "honorary" title. probably some allied professions. but this is politics trying to argue with science. Why?

Old 02-23-2020, 06:28 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Anybody else get the feeling the entire structure of lies designed to bring about a one-world government and worldwide wealth redistribution has been set ablaze by people around the world who refuse to comply? ... refuse to give up their freedom? ... refuse to be fooled by the lame narratives, manipulated science and studies, and dire predictions of doom that never seem to happen?

Never ever trust a body of authority that issues an edict on a matter of science and then says that conclusion may never be questioned. That's not science. That's religion.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Anybody else get the feeling the entire structure of lies designed to bring about a one-world government and worldwide wealth redistribution has been set ablaze by people around the world who refuse to comply? ... refuse to give up their freedom? ... refuse to be fooled by the lame narratives, manipulated science and studies, and dire predictions of doom that never seem to happen?

Never ever trust a body of authority that issues an edict on a matter of science and then says that conclusion may never be questioned. That's not science. That's religion.
OMG, scientific findings are designed to be questioned by..wait for it....SCIENCE. Not politics.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:33 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Meanwhile in the real world, Antarctica is breaking heat records.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:45 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
OMG, scientific findings are designed to be questioned by..wait for it....SCIENCE. Not politics.
IPCC = politics masquerading as science.

It's all coming down around you, isn't it?

Old 02-23-2020, 06:47 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Meanwhile in the real world, Antarctica is breaking heat records.
The poles are actually warming faster than predicted with Antarctica warming 3 degrees over the last century, just set a record of 64.9 deg F.

I saw a special with a scientific team doing research in the Antarctica and the water temperature below the ice mass is above freezing and will destabilize rapidly. Antarctica contains 80% of the worlds fresh water just as a reference of magnitude.

Quote:
The nearly 65-degree temperature was reported by Argentina's research station at Esperanza Base. Experts at the World Meteorological Organization are still verifying the record. The agency calls the Antarctic Peninsula one of the fastest-warming regions on Earth, with average temperatures rising almost 3 degrees Celsius (5.4 degrees Fahrenheit) over the past half century.
https://www.npr.org/2020/02/21/80818...of-record-heat

Old 02-23-2020, 06:48 AM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
The world has been ending every day since the New Testament was written 2000 years ago.

True story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies