Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 03:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
God's design? Seriously you still believe in the god myth?
Yes.

Unless you can tell me

...who invented trees

...and who invented the photosynthesis process in vegetation that takes in CO2 and provides oxygen

...and who invented the respiration process where humans and animals takes in oxygen and provides CO2 for vegetation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 07:46 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So does 80-90% of America. 80% believe in God and another 9% believe in a higher power (Could just as well call that higher power (God, Allah, the Force). Guess they are all weak minded people

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ne...ew-survey.html
Not weak minded....Just wrong.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yes.

Unless you can tell me

...who invented trees

...and who invented the photosynthesis process in vegetation that takes in CO2 and provides oxygen

...and who invented the respiration process where humans and animals takes in oxygen and provides CO2 for vegetation...
Nobody invented any of that...It's all due to a process called evolution...

Old 02-23-2020, 08:52 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
So I am supposed to believe that the process of photosynthesis and respiration, which is a precise transfer of CO2 and oxygen between vegetation and humans which allows us to sustain each other, happened randomly by evolution...

No way - this is too precise to be the result of some random occurrence.

Next time there are complaints of excess CO2, I going to say it's evolution.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:02 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
So I am supposed to believe that the process of photosynthesis and respiration, which is a precise transfer of CO2 and oxygen between vegetation and humans which allows us to sustain each other, happened randomly by evolution...

Yikes...

Old 02-23-2020, 09:38 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Anyone that believes that less than 1/20th of 1% of the Earth's atmosphere controls the temperature is a complete moron.

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1...ively-green%2F
I think you are being too simplistic. I don't believe you understand anything about this subject. Good luck.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:

Believe what you want...I'll stick to facts.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Yup, it's just as crazy to believe that 200 mg of cyanide will kill you.....But it will.
……………………..yet cyanide is not the building block of life.

ALL of the carbon atoms in your body were once CO2 molecules at some point. I wonder how much Cyanide is in your body?

Old 02-24-2020, 10:20 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
The notion that living matter just assembled itself by means of random mixing of non-living elements, creating the infinite complexity of a self replicating cell is perhaps the most outlandish and preposterous idea ever accepted as truth, by a human mind that ought to know better.

It’s amazing how so many people can believe such a ridiculous concept, all the while believing themselves intellectually superior

Old 02-24-2020, 10:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The notion that living matter just assembled itself by means of random mixing of non-living elements, creating the infinite complexity of a self replicating cell is perhaps the most outlandish and preposterous idea ever accepted as truth, by a human mind that ought to know better.

It’s amazing how so many people can believe such a ridiculous concept.
I don't know. I find the notion that a virgin was impregnated by a god and gave birth to a divine being, who rose from the dead three days after being crucified and then floated up to heaven, to be pretty unbelievable. But those who label evolution as being a "ridiculous concept" seem to have no problem believing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies