Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 07:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
All Democrats are trying to buy the black vote. I've heard everything from cash handouts to house down payments.
LOL no lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 07:55 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times
If this doesn't touch your heart, you don't have one.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...13123180007424

Old 02-23-2020, 10:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Why not. It worked for him in his last mayoral re-election where he outspent his opponent by 10:1

I seriously doubt he will win the nomination let alone the election though. Too much baggage and honestly not a very good retail politician.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:10 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Can't be any clearer

"I am typically happy with a Yolanda Adams spotting, but her latest gig, performing “America The Beautiful” at Mike Bloomberg’s launch of “Mike For Black America,” had me crying out to God"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

https://www.essence.com/op-ed/bloomb...ng-black-vote/
The black American is the biggest supporter of the Democrat party. I dont know waht to say about this. Problem is that Bloomberg has to atone for his sin of stop and frisk which locked up thousands of black men in NYC.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:21 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
All Democrats are trying to buy the black vote. I've heard everything from cash handouts to house down payments.
All politicians are trying to buy everyone's vote. ALL!

Old 02-24-2020, 06:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I agree with this.

Bloomberg is not popular with many African Americans because of his racist policies in the past and racist language so he is trying to atone for those "sins" of sort.

I personally would never vote for him as a black woman (in the primary - I would vote for him over Trump as I'm concerned about environmental issues and SCOTUS and I trust him more on those issues versus Trump).

I'll note that where I live in Ohio he paid for a white woman to visit his campaign in NYC and a few other white Democrats. He's paying them just as much as black people so the idea that only black voters are being bought is silly to me. He's paying Democrats. Democrats, unlike Republicans, include a significant amount of black people so we will be included in this targets in this regard.

I'll note, that I wouldn't be surprised if he garners a lot of support with his tactics. He is doing a lot of advertisements in Ohio on black radio channels and media programs. Black people like it when Democratic candidates pay attention to our media and put advertising dollars into those outlets because it directly positively impacts black families (our media outlets do a lot to support community initiatives and they primarily employ black people). I know that this was a huge negative for HRC in 2016 - that she didn't spend money to advertise with black programs and those programs did lambast her for that and they are speaking, right now, positively about Bloomberg over it but also bringing up stop and frisk. So we'll see how it plays out. However, whoever ends up being the nominee should make sure to spend a part of their advertising dollars with black media outlets if they want black voter support.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:26 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
True, but Bloomberg has already spent over $400 million. If by chance he is the nominee, what's he going to spend, 2 billion???

Old 02-24-2020, 08:44 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Whats funny about this is that I am supposed to hate Bloomberg for trying to buy the black vote with his own money, and I am supposed to love and cheer for Bernie for trying to buy the black vote with MY money.

Everyone is trying to buy every vote, but at least Bloomberg, Mini-Me tyrant that he is, is mostly using his own money to do it. Have to give him at least partial credit there.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:45 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
You don't think Trump's freeing of the Grandma Drug dealer was anything about him caring REALLY about prison reform...it was all about the Black vote. Did you catch his Super Bowl ad? come on now kid -- Red and blue want that vote.+-

Old 02-24-2020, 11:42 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You don't think Trump's freeing of the Grandma Drug dealer was anything about him caring REALLY about prison reform...it was all about the Black vote. Did you catch his Super Bowl ad? come on now kid -- Red and blue want that vote.+-
I'll note on Trump and the GOP in general. Talk of "prison reform" as an African American woman honestly is not something that I care about.

IMO it is crazy that anything "black" as an initiative the GOP seems to think involves prison and low income inner city living. They have a very stereotypical view of what we want.

I don't care about prison reform. I care about criminal justice "system" reform though. And I honestly care about that less than environmental issues that impact African Americans on a higher level (especially lead poisoning), I care about education quality, I care about increasing opportunities for "black" businesses specifically. I also very much care about healthcare. Someone else mentioned Bernie and I don't like his plan in regards to healthcare as I think it would cause a huge economic collaspe to try to end the private sector healthcare market. But healthcare is a huge issue for African Americans and all Americans. Being that I don't plan to work within the next 10 years, I am worried about not having healthcare. I don't like that healthcare is directly affected by working for a company today in order to be affordable and I would like a Medicare for All sort of program. I just don't like Bernie's version of it as it is very illogical IMO the way he touts it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies