Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2020, 04:02 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
SJW logic would say that more anti-Semitism is present here than anti-Blackness.

And the chart says there's more anti-Muslim and anti-Evangelical Christian sentiment than anti-Jewish and ageism tops all three.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This is an unkind slur. I posted a review of a book How to Fight Anti-Semitism by progressive writer Bari Weiss, which was inexplicably closed, as so often seems to be the case with threads on anti-Semitism.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-semitism.html

At any rate, OP was first to respond, and gave a very positive reply. I believe these unkind slurs are a clear case of projection, and possibly of impetus similar to that of which Bari Weiss so pointedly writes.
Thank you, Travis. You're one of the good liberals. (There ARE some.....)

That poster, and other leftists, are angry because I am destroying what has been their primary campaign strategy for nearly three years: scaring minorities into thinking all the racists and anti-Semites are on the Republican side. The truth is that antisemitism is on the rise on the Democratic side, and we saw it most notably when the House Democrats were unwilling to issue a resolution condemning antisemitism following Democrat Omar's anti-Semitic tropes for fear of alienating the anti-Semitic voters on the D side.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:04 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,498,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And the chart says there's more anti-Muslim and anti-Evangelical Christian sentiment than anti-Jewish and ageism tops all three.
Yeah, but we don't have any Muslims or Evangelicals running for president. We have two Jewish candidates, and we HAD one black candidate (who won of course, both times). That's why the comparison is being made between willingness to vote for a black and willingness to vote for a Jew. I was quite surprised, actually, that nearly twice as many voters were unwilling to vote for a Jew.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:29 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
? You're saying that Jews plotted to kill Jesus, and I'm defending them, solely because they are Jewish? WOW. Just WOW. But whatever, you do seem to be back to blaming Jews for Jesus' murder. WOW.

And there is a LOT of anti-Semitic verses in John, not attributable (in my eyes) to Jesus. But this would take a turn into theology, and it's best left off the politics forum.
Its weird you cannot comprehend simple language. I said it two times that Jesus was not talking about Jews in general, He was talking about a specific group of Pharisees who were plotting to murder Him. Your anti-Christian mindset is coming into view now that you call even the Holy Bible anti-semitic.

Is there anything which is not anti-semitic in your world of hyper-PC thinking? You are looking for ways to feel insulted based on your religion, and its a sad sight.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
I have no issue if the candidate is Jewish, provided that his or her loyalties are to the USA first and not Israel. AS long as they remember that we owe Israel no more than we do Poland, Canada, Italy or anyone else. In the Jewish community there is a strong sense of dedication to Israel. I get it and I understand it, but Israel is not a US state, nor are they our responsibility to protect. My willingness to vote for them hinges entirely upon what their platform is. Loyalty to Israel is not a deal breaker, but it is a red flag to me. I respect Israel, but my loyalty to them is about as solid as theirs is to the USA.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:01 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have no issue if the candidate is Jewish, provided that his or her loyalties are to the USA first and not Israel. AS long as they remember that we owe Israel no more than we do Poland, Canada, Italy or anyone else. In the Jewish community there is a strong sense of dedication to Israel. I get it and I understand it, but Israel is not a US state, nor are they our responsibility to protect. My willingness to vote for them hinges entirely upon what their platform is. Loyalty to Israel is not a deal breaker, but it is a red flag to me. I respect Israel, but my loyalty to them is about as solid as theirs is to the USA.
Disclosure: I am not Jewish nor of any Jewish ancestry as far as I know. Raised Protestant, but now non-religious.

I could not disagree more with this post. In the first place, the US played a major role in the creation of Israel in 1948. Colin Powell's 'pottery barn rule' was 'you broke it, you bought it.' I don't say we owe Israel unlimited debt, but we do owe them a degree of support since we helped create them in 1948. Just as with South Korea.

Secondly they are our only trustworthy ally in a dangerous and important part of the world. Lastly the USA has always been a true friend of the Jewish people generally, and true friends don't leave each other in the lurch.
https://www.tourosynagogue.org/histo...ning/gw-letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Washington
May the children of the stock of Abraham who dwell in this land continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other inhabitants—while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree and there shall be none to make him afraid.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:06 PM

10,442 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly..and then compare Jews and black people rather than comparing them to other religious groups. She did that because more people are unwilling to vote for other religious groups than Jews.
Jews are also an ethnic race of people and not just religion.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,276 times
Quote:
Doesn't concern me in the slightest. Why would it? It's ridiculous (from a Jewish perspective) and means absolutely nothing. The anti-Semitic attitutes being revealed by Democratic members of Congress, and the refusal of House Democrats to issue a resolution condemning antisemitism? Now that's more troubling.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one I guess LOL.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Here's an interesting study from Gallop. While liberals keep insisting that so many people didn't vote for Obama because they didn't want a black president, this poll shows that a higher percentage of Americans would not vote for a Jew as president.

Lots of other interesting data, as well:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ver-70-really/
Well, I'm not one of those persons. I'll vote for a Jewish President, Mexican-American President, etc. I don't care. As long as said person is sane, I don't care.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,949,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Jews are also an ethnic race of people and not just religion.
Not exactly. DNA studies in recent years show the Ashkenazi (European) Jews come from a group of 350 people about 600 to 800 years ago. They married only within their own group from that time until they were chased out of Europe in the last century. This is called an endogamous group. They show predominately European DNA with a bit of Middle Eastern DNA.

There are also Sephardic Jews who were chased out of Spain during the inquisition and Mizrahi Jews from North Africa. They do not have the same DNA signature as the Ashkenazi.

So not really a race.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ashken...e-study-finds/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies