Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 01:23 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Using the no true Scotsman fallacy to describe Jews makes you... wait for it... antisemitic. Doesn't matter if you're Jewish.

Similarly, implying Jews have dual loyalties falls under the same category, even if you have Jewish grandchildren.
I agree with you, my post was pointing out Rachel's ridiculousness

Old 02-25-2020, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Again, not true. Never said anything defamatory. (The fact that you think it is again shows how quick leftists are to defend anything perceived, even inaccurately, as racist, while downplaying the horrible things said and done to Jews.) Where's all your condemnation for all the horrible anti-white and anti-Semitic crap posted all over the place? Nope. As a liberal, you are very tolerant of that - and focusing your criticism on the Jew who won't pretend that bigotry is on the right.

Are you THAT inflamed that I posted something that shows people are more bigoted against Jews than they are against blacks? Is it robbing your campaign of the false narrative that racism is the major concern, and that concern about antisemitism is a "fake" thing?

All I did was post a poll that showed twice as many people (more than twice, in fact) wouldn't vote for a Jew as wouldn't vote for a black. And look at the venom that came out my way. How DARE a Jew reveal that antisemitism is more of a problem than racism, and that it exists among Democrats too.
Lol...wow. You’re astonishingly good at playing the victim.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:44 PM

8,472 posts, read 4,722,080 times
Has anyone looked up the definition of the word “liberal” lately? It keeps getting misused.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:46 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,734,844 times
Well, Rachel, you really blew it. BTW it' s Gallup, not Gallop.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:47 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
So, you were already pointed to the fact that it is not significant, it is within the margin of error of that poll, but it went over your head. Additionally, even if it were significant, the "no" is still very small for both categories. Now, a question for you, from the survey you posted, several groups are above 30% in the "no" department. How does that make you feel?
Should be great news for the OP, since using the exact same logic they are already using, it means people in general are far, far less biased against Jews than they are against both Christians and especially Atheists!

Old 02-25-2020, 02:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Page after page after page after page of one liberal after another liberal vehemently condemning, demeaning, and mocking a me, Jewish woman, for.....shudder....pointing out that twice as many people would refuse to vote for a Jew for president as they would a black. It runs counter to the argument that all concern should be about racists, and Jews need to shut up. Thank you all for demonstrating the level of disdain for Jews (ones that won't defer to the liberal narrative) that runs through the Leftist Party.

See you on Election Day, when I can breathe a sigh of relief that Trump has been re-elected.

END THREAD.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:39 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Has anyone looked up the definition of the word “liberal” lately? It keeps getting misused.
I agree, it's the far left progressives that are the problem in my opinion, good old school classical Liberalism is Ok. People have been conflating them together last few years.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:44 PM

8,472 posts, read 4,722,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, it's the far left progressives that are the problem in my opinion, good old school classical Liberalism is Ok. People have been conflating them together last few years.
Yeah. It’s annoying! I’m living proof that one can be a non-leftie liberal

Old 02-25-2020, 02:51 PM

10,088 posts, read 6,418,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Page after page after page after page of one liberal after another liberal vehemently condemning, demeaning, and mocking a me, Jewish woman, for.....shudder....pointing out that twice as many people would refuse to vote for a Jew for president as they would a black. It runs counter to the argument that all concern should be about racists, and Jews need to shut up. Thank you all for demonstrating the level of disdain for Jews (ones that won't defer to the liberal narrative) that runs through the Leftist Party.

See you on Election Day, when I can breathe a sigh of relief that Trump has been re-elected.

END THREAD.
No, page after page after page of you making statements to that effect, when they are not true. You paint yourself as such a victim when you are actually the constant attacker. If anyone disagrees with you, you automatically respond with "Oh, another liberal". Often you follow it up with "and an anti-Semite", even if the person has not said anything remotely anti-Semitic. You have a one-chord tune: liberals are bad and they all pretty much hate Jews, especially you as a Jewish woman. That is simply not true, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:36 PM

34,984 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It's not just that, it's also that it's those dirty liberals who are anti-Semites. Liberals, liberals, liberals.

Proving it's not really anti-Semitism she hates, it's liberals. Which is why she continually attempts to smear liberals with that label.

It never, ever, ever changes with the OP. A one trick pony whose trick has gotten really stale and boring.
Most anti-Semites are the ones who criticize America or the West at every turn. The ones for whom Hamas, ISIS or Solameni can do no wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.