Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 07:45 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you quote where it says Dems are "constantly accusing people who didn't vote for Obama as being racists (or people who DID vote for Trump as being racists) are bigots"

Why make stuff up?

I have told you many times in the past to get honest and stay honest.

Same number of Republicans won't vote for a Jew, and interestingly there are two Jewish men running in the race, and you are trying to paint Dems as anti-semites (and as we all know, painting Jews as victims is a personal hobby of yours).
And I've told you to stop going back to the liberal tactic of calling people you disagree with "liars". I see you do that with many Republicans.

And you are questioning that Dems were forever accusing people who didn't vote for Obama as being racist? And you are questioning that they are not NOW saying Trump supporters are racist? GET REAL.

And finally, the point I was making is that while liberals are accusing conservatives of not voting for Obama because he was black, a GREATER PERCENTAGE of people say they wouldn't vote for a Jew. There is more bigotry against Jews than against blacks, at least when voting for a president.

And finally, finally....that thing about "painting Jews as victims"? Why do you not castigate blacks for "painting blacks as victims"? We know why. Because you are a liberal who downplays antisemitism while focusing your concern on racism. That is the type of antisemitism permeating through the Democrat Party: any Jew who complains is promptly put in her place with the "ah.....stop the victim" talk type comeback. Terrible.

(And don't tell me you're not a liberal. EVERYTHING about you screams it.)

Old 02-24-2020, 07:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, agreed. I was referring more to the conservatives here that used the "he's not really a Jew" as an attempted deflection from the "Democrats are anti-Semites now-a-days" claim. They can't then also claim that "Jews" like Bernie and Mike are less likely to get voted for. Bernie is either a Jew in their eyes, or he isn't.
Its the "no true Scotchman" argument

Quote:
The name "No True Scotsman" comes from an odd example involving Scotsmen: Suppose I assert that no Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge. You counter this by pointing out that your friend Angus likes sugar with his porridge. I then say "Ah, yes, but no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

Old 02-24-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Honestly, can someone explain antisemitism to me? It’s weird. Usually racists at least hate someone who looks different, how do white folks come to hate white folks that way?
My sense is that liberal Democrats, who like to blame failure on outside forces - particularly bigotry and prejudice - don't like that Jews, persecuted for millennia (most horrifically with the Holocaust), continue to rise above the antisemitism to be more successful than average (in terms of education, income, and net worth). It proves that the liberal tactic of diverting from personal responsibility to blaming bigotry isn't completely truthful.

That's on the liberal side. On the conservative side, the far-right fringe is bigoted against everyone not white Christian. They are equal opportunity bigots.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And I've told you to stop going back to the liberal tactic of calling people you disagree with "liars". I see you do that with many Republicans.
Only liberals ask people to back up their claims That's news to me, but let me ask again: can you back up your claim?

Just answer the question as opposed to trying to make it about. Such tactic is called "a dodge".

Quote:
That is the type of antisemitism permeating through the Democrat Party: any Jew who complains is promptly put in her place with the "ah.....stop the victim" talk type comeback. Terrible.
Well, your own data says 95% Dems and 95% of Repubs would vote for a Jew, and you are here whining about the 5% of Dems who would not, so YES, you are playing a victim and you are using your religion as a political pawn (and you have a LONG history of doing this), and it is also very hypocritical given the fact that the numbers are the same for both parties.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Only liberals ask people to back up their claims That's news to me, but let me ask again: can you back up your claim?

Just answer the question as opposed to trying to make it about. Such tactic is called "a dodge".
Now you're just enjoying arguing with a Jewish Republican. Are you ACTUALLY asking me to back up my claim that Democrats accused people of not voting for Obama because he was black, and that you are now asking me to back up my claim that liberals are calling Trump supporters racists?

And THAT is such a liberal tactic, too. (There's a term for it, which escapes my memory at the moment.) It's taking the most obvious and apparent statement made by a Republican, and turning it around to say "prove it"? It's an Alinsky tactic of putting people who disagreed with him on the defensive, rather than him having to defend himself.

Me: Liberals have called Trump supporters racist non-stop for three years.
You: Oh yeah? Prove it. Otherwise you're just dodging.

Liberals. Jeesh. They get worse and worse with each passing day.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:08 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Actually those numbers are encouraging.

It's a small percentage when you think about it.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Well, your own data says 95% Dems and 95% of Repubs would vote for a Jew, and you are here whining about the 5% of Dems who would not, so YES, you are playing a victim and you are using your religion as a political pawn (and you have a LONG history of doing this), and it is also very hypocritical given the fact that the numbers are the same for both parties.
And why do you not call out Indentured Servant, as just one example, who goes on and on about the white man and slavery? Why not call out blacks for "playing the victim"? Because you are a liberal and are sympathetic to racism, and then turn around and castigate Jews who bring up antisemitism as playing the victim.

The point is: MORE PEOPLE WON'T VOTE FOR A JEW THAN A BLACK. And yet, you will continue to support and defend blacks who speak up against racism, and put down a Jew who points out antisemitism.

This is why I fear the New Democratic Party. You're the poster boy for it.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Oy vey, yet another victim thread from the OP.

Quote:
Your poll tends to blow up in your face, because it shows Republicans are far more likely to reject candidates based on what they are as opposed their views. Same number of Republicans (5%) would not vote for a Jewish candidates, so why do you call only Dems bigoted. If 95% will vote for a Jew, it tends to show they are the opposite of bigots.

Maybe the fact that a Jewish man is leading the race should tell you something, but apparently not.
Because the bolded doesn't fit in the OP's perpetual "liberals are bad, bad, bad, horrible Jew haters!" theme. Which means the OP will ignore everything else, especially when it goes against this theme. Only perceived liberal Jewish bigots will be acknowledged. Those apparent Jewish hating Republicans get a pass.

Wash, rinse, start a new thread, repeat. Sigh. How predictable.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:12 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
And I suppose that's directed at Jews, or any Jew who points out bigotry against them is actually higher than against blacks, at least when measured by willingness to vote for one for president? (You're a liberal, am I right? There's the very thing I was talking about - downplaying antisemitism.) And forget that presidential elections are decided by far less than 7%.
Listen, I find the antisemitism at some of the college campuses (it's particularly bad in the California state system) abhorrent. Your posting was just not convincing. It just came across as trying to hard to be a victim. I think if you look at ALL of the results, you'll get a better and bigger view.

Anyway, I'm a moderate. The reason I come across as a liberal is b/c this is a right wing blog. On a left wing blog I would come across as a right winger. Bottom line, I also abhor the extremes in our society. I consider the left and right (or at least the extreme portions) to be equally awful.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:14 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:

And you are questioning that Dems were forever accusing people who didn't vote for Obama as being racist? And you are questioning that they are not NOW saying Trump supporters are racist? GET REAL.

And finally, the point I was making is that while liberals are accusing conservatives of not voting for Obama because he was black, a GREATER PERCENTAGE of people say they wouldn't vote for a Jew. There is more bigotry against Jews than against blacks, at least when voting for a president.

And finally, finally....that thing about "painting Jews as victims"? Why do you not castigate blacks for "painting blacks as victims"? We know why. Because you are a liberal who downplays antisemitism while focusing your concern on racism. That is the type of antisemitism permeating through the Democrat Party: any Jew who complains is promptly put in her place with the "ah.....stop the victim" talk type comeback. Terrible.

(And don't tell me you're not a liberal. EVERYTHING about you screams it.)
Why would a conservative/Republican....cross parties in the general election to vote for a black liberal/democrat? This would have to be true if one were to believe that the reason white conservatives did not vote for Obama was due to his race. Nobody is saying what you are saying they said. Its a lie and straw man fallacy. People do say that many conservatives are racist, but no one is saying that conservatives did not vote for the liberal because he was black. You are just lying as usual.

As I stated already, that poll is apples to oranges in regards to Jews and Blacks. There has NEVER been a Jewish president and hence in the Jewish percentage, fear of the unknown and un-experienced bumps up the sentiment. America just recently had a black president for 8 years....and whatever wild fears that people may have had if a black person became president did not materialize. Obama did not approve reparations or "white pay back" for what was done to blacks. So now people realize that there can be a black president and the country no worse for it. The American people still don't know what it would mean to have a Jewish president. It's the unknown. A black president has been known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies