Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 06:08 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Well just read this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...58127740174339

Thats it? And what is this about the stock market looking very good to him? What is wrong with him????
Stock movement today before close was mostly algorithmic trading processing the news and relative trends. The futures are up this evening on Dow, S&P, and NAS.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:42 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
M-o-o-n that spells Corona

Not a good time to be reading The Stand or The Passage.
LOL. Truly. Be having dreams bout being Tom Cullen and Nicholas Andros F*** You. M O O N . That spells freaked out.

If I start having visions about Vegas or Boulder that'll tie it. Bumpety Bumpety Bump.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:57 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...warmer-weather

Well here now - the CDC is thinking along the same lines as Trump as are other health practitioners.

https://canoe.com/health/could-warme...he-coronavirus

"Trump isn’t the only politician to make this sort of claim. The UK’s health secretary, Matt Hancock, told ITV reporter Tom Clarke last week that the hope was to slow the spread of the virus so it reaches the UK in spring and summer when coronaviruses, of which the new virus is just a specific example, are less transmissible.
It is thought the virus can survive for up to four days on surfaces. Some researchers, including Paul Hunter at the University of East Anglia, UK, do think the new coronavirus won’t survive for so long in warmer conditions."
Well I guess Australia will be the test for that. It’s summer there now.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Stock movement today before close was mostly algorithmic trading processing the news and relative trends. The futures are up this evening on Dow, S&P, and NAS.
Stock markets looks "very good to ME".....is what he says.

Why doesn't he do math. It's up 6.5% a year compounded since he passed tax reform over two years back....and since the tariff BS started.

Do you folks really believe everything he says without doing the math???

What number does "very good to me" represent?

Oh, BTW, it looks like the South Korean spread is due to.....wait for it....PRAYER.....

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...virus-outbreak

"A bigger problem is that they shout out 'amen' after every sentence the pastor utters, pretty much every few seconds. And they do that at the top of their lungs," sending respiratory droplets flying everywhere, he adds. These droplets are believed to transmit the coronavirus."

Old 02-24-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well I guess Australia will be the test for that. It’s summer there now.
Obviously we don't get the Flu big time in the summer...but in any case it's an idiotic thing for the POTUS to say or repeat.

The Flu pandemic of 1918 was full-on by September and October 1918....in the Philadelphia area, which isn't exactly cold at that time of year.

MERS - which is another CV, started in Saudi Arabia...I don't think it's due to the cold there!

We don't need a POTUS to repeat stuff...or consider best-case scenarios. We need it the other way around. People are going to be very upset if it turns out that letting those people on that plane back home infects 100's, thousands or millions. Hopefully it won't. But it could....have.

This is a situation where all caution must be exercised....a serious situation. If we get away without an outbreak here it will be due to science and action, not luck or praying or Silver potion or the POTUS saying it will be warm soon.

Florida gets the flu, right? Texas? Or are these places not subject to it because they are warm?

Old 02-24-2020, 07:31 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
I honestly think POTUS would be blamed if someone's mother got drunk.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:44 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Will Trump use corona virus as excuse to declare martial law?

The more the Democrats get thrashed in the polls, debates, and elections, the more they start these "Trump is going to to this awful thing or that awful thing" threads.

Last edited by Roboteer; 02-24-2020 at 08:04 PM..

Old 02-24-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I honestly think POTUS would be blamed if someone's mother got drunk.
Well, let me ask you. Money has been requested for many weeks now and the Admin has played it down and refused to ask for the big bucks (until today).....

The Admin ok'ed putting Americans infected with the CV on a plane back here...against the advice of the CDC.

And, they are spending all their time at Rallies and bragging about taking more billions out of the Military and Pentagon to build some fencing......BILLIONS. Billions which should probably be spent right now on prevention of this.......

Hopefully we won't have a big emergency here. But wouldn't you, right at the moment, put this ahead of Golf, Rallies and Fencing and say "no limit...spend what you need to make sure we don't get this thing"??

I think that's what they are going to do....but perhaps too late...or, in any case (already) later then they should.

But, hey, if you are fine with that so be it.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:03 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Stock markets looks "very good to ME".....is what he says.

Why doesn't he do math. It's up 6.5% a year compounded since he passed tax reform over two years back....and since the tariff BS started.

Do you folks really believe everything he says without doing the math???

What number does "very good to me" represent?

Oh, BTW, it looks like the South Korean spread is due to.....wait for it....PRAYER.....

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...virus-outbreak

"A bigger problem is that they shout out 'amen' after every sentence the pastor utters, pretty much every few seconds. And they do that at the top of their lungs," sending respiratory droplets flying everywhere, he adds. These droplets are believed to transmit the coronavirus."
Yet you somehow didn't also mention their pastor thinks he's the Messiah.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:09 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Sure it’s contained jump into the market tomorrow, what’s the harm the US is immune. Algorithmic trading sounds impressive, more like the reality of a world wide impact from the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies