Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Now That It's Over, Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Vice President Joe Biden 3 5.66%
Sen. Bernie Sanders 18 33.96%
Sen. Elizabeth Warren 1 1.89%
Mayor Pete Buttigieg 6 11.32%
Sen. Amy Klobuchar 6 11.32%
Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg 15 28.30%
Businessman Tom Steyer 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 05:16 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Sanders could not explain how he intends to pay for all his bribes to the voters. Are the college students so indoctrinated by the liberal professors and the radical left so, well, whatever they are, that they actually BELIEVE that Sanders will make other people pay for their college tuition and pay off their student loans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 05:22 AM

Which candidate made the bribe about housing downpayments? Someone said that he would give a $15,000 tax credit to first-time homebuyers. No wonder the young people are being fooled into voting for him: "Hey, not only will other people have to pay off my student loans (some of which went to my spring trip to Cancun, the ski trip to Stowe, and that semester abroad), but then I'll going to get $15,000 lopped off of my taxes (again, courtesy of OPM) for a house! Go Bernie!'

Whatever happened to the pride of meeting your contractual obligations and earning your own home? (Maybe they'll have to start with a small townhouse, or even an apartment-converted-to-condo, in a so-so area of town.)

Old 02-26-2020, 06:06 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Biden rambling incoherently.
150 MILLION dead due to gun violence.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:08 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
150 MILLION dead due to gun violence.
I am pretty sure there are some out there that believe it.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel976 View Post
which candidate made the bribe about housing downpayments? Someone said that he would give a $15,000 tax credit to first-time homebuyers. No wonder the young people are being fooled into voting for him: "hey, not only will other people have to pay off my student loans (some of which went to my spring trip to cancun, the ski trip to stowe, and that semester abroad), but then i'll going to get $15,000 lopped off of my taxes (again, courtesy of opm) for a house! Go bernie!'

whatever happened to the pride of meeting your contractual obligations and earning your own home? (maybe they'll have to start with a small townhouse, or even an apartment-converted-to-condo, in a so-so area of town.)
free stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2020, 06:12 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Worst debate so far. CBS was absolutely horrible and favored idiot Biden to no end. They shut down Mayor Pete constantly. The audience was out of control. It didn’t stop Biden from looking stupid though, but “media” outlets are crowing him the winner. 150 million gun deaths? Really Joe? Was there another civil war I missed?

Old 02-26-2020, 06:17 AM

Why did CBS start with two moderators, and then, after the break, the moderator table was full? Was the plan always to start off with two women (drive home how they given women and POC opportunities) and then bring in the full complement, OR did they quickly scramble, call in back-up, and distribute the previously developed questions among the larger group because the women couldn't maintain control?

Old 02-26-2020, 06:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I thought his right arm was going to take off and leave the rest of his body behind.

LOL.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
He grew up a poor black child....in Scranton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
He was also the son of a sharecropper.
Haha. Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Bloomberg doesn't even support legalizing weed. Pathetic.
I agree with him 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
"You haven’t seen real moderate panic until you see the look in their eyes at the prospect of a Sanders-Warren ticket."

Charlie Mahtesian
Politico Senior politics editor 8:22 p.m.

https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...outh-carolina/
It will never happen. They NEED a moderate VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Biden is going to invade China hahahahahaa
C'mon, man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Steyer burned Bloomberg there on the tax returns
Not really. No one thinks Steyer's returns are as complicated as Bloomberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What about Palestine prior to 1948? Did it not exist?
Um, Israel made a state in 1948.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
He has a stutter.
Nope. He doesn't. Go back and look at old footage of him. No stutter.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Liz really said, "I won't do nothin'".

there are no "allies" there, lizzie.
She is disgusting, isn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
That's because up until 11 weeks ago, he was a Republican
I think he still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Tom Steyer is making moves, he's eyeing 4% support if he does well enough tonight!
He needs to be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
My motto

"Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

-Senator Warren
OMG. I am pretty sure SHE has never cracked a Bible in her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies