Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 10:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
His point is a big fat lie, then. Flu in the US has a mortality rate of 0.095%. He's off by a factor of 20.

Can we just get this into perspective? Humanity is facing a serious health threat, and this agitator decides to lie to his audience to score some political points. People who listen to him are now less informed.

Some people, when facing serious illness, take some time to evaluate what they've don with their life. This oxygen thief appears determined to lie and deceive right until his dying breath.
If you're talking about the US, what's the mortality rate for the corona virus in the US? Isn't it 0% right now?

Old 02-25-2020, 11:37 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you're talking about the US, what's the mortality rate for the corona virus in the US? Isn't it 0% right now?
DO try to stay on subject. Flu still doesn't have a mortality rate resembling 2%, and Rush Limbaugh is still spreading misinformation.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
As if every POTUS doesn't have to deal with things like this - or worse! I've lived a long time and there are always crisis - earthquakes, hurricanes, AIDS, SARS, Wars (somewhat self-inflicted, but never the less), massive recessions, etc.

If this takes down Trump it's only because he was busy with Golf, Rallies and some Fence somewhere and playing it down for a month.....

It's pretty obvious that none of us want to get this thing........

If nothing else, this is one more Demo of how FOS Mr. Limbo is. Remember when he said the Deepwater Horizon was like nothing? Well, a study just came out that shows the damage to sea life is VASTLY larger then even the Scientists say!

Basically it works this way. If he says it - then it is likely the opposite is true. That drivel is for incels and people who cannot think for themselves.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As you mention, it's on the way up. We all hope it doesn't take in the USA.....but, if it does, Trump is not the perfect type of leader I'd want making the decisions. He lies too much and doesn't believe in Science.

Even if only a few percent of "the best people" have left the government due to the Clown....or, even if some Best People didn't bother to join the administration due to the lies and BS....that COULD (could, see the word) make things worse than they might be.

Luckily for us we have real Scientists and Doers among our population.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:56 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
It probably is close to the flu. You have to remember the healthcare in China. It isn't anywhere near as good as we have it here.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
His point is a big fat lie, then. Flu in the US has a mortality rate of 0.095%. He's off by a factor of 20.

Can we just get this into perspective? Humanity is facing a serious health threat, and this agitator decides to out-and-out lie to his audience to score some political points. People who listen to him are now less informed. And he's helping to form the worldview of millions.

Some people, when facing serious illness, take some time to evaluate what they've don with their life. This oxygen thief appears determined to lie and deceive right until his dying breath.
Great TY for the US mortality rate. Do you think our health care system is better than China's? Of course it is. So I bet the mortality rate here in the US is very close to the flu.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:00 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
It probably is close to the flu. You have to remember the healthcare in China. It isn't anywhere near as good as we have it here.
It has a 2% mortality rate, and our life expectancy compared to China's is within 2 years.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It has a 2% mortality rate, and our life expectancy compared to China's is within 2 years.
Is our health care system better than China's? If you came down with the Cornavirus would you rather be in the United States or China?

Old 02-25-2020, 12:06 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Is our health care system better than China's. If you came down with the Cornavirus would you rather be in the United States or China?
What a stupid question. Just because our health system is better than China's doesn't mean the mortality rate for this virus will be much different here. In China, average life expectancy is 77, here it's 78. So maybe in China this thing has a mortality rate of 2.5% and here 2.4%. We're not talking big numbers.

This is also a virus that has no known vaccine or cure. What they're going to do in China is what they're going to do to you here. Put you on life support and pump you with fluids and hope your body wins.

Old 02-25-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Great TY for the US mortality rate. Do you think our health care system is better than China's? Of course it is. So I bet the mortality rate here in the US is very close to the flu.
Do you really think the people who live in many rural areas of the USA have first class medical care? Do the 25% of Texans without health insurance have ready access to health care? I have friends that staff the rural clinics that open for one or two days at a State Fairgrounds or park. Patients are actually treated in pigpens. Yes.

What if "free Americans" refuse to quarantine themselves? Many Americans wouldn't listen to Big Government - the deep state and all of that.

One advantage we do have is more room - to quarantine ourselves. But don't fool yourself - NO WAY our hospitals can handle 10's of thousands or more of cases.

We'd have to declare martial law and somehow get the National Guard and Military involved.....even then, how can we quarantine millions?

Have you really thought this through?

I sure hope it does not happen but my faith in the USA Corporate Health Care system is very low......I cannot imagine why they would have built out an infrastructure which can handle a pandemic.

I was just talking to wifey today about this. In China, 10's of thousands of Doctors would give their lives to save the society. Willingly.

I wonder in the USA - will virtually every Doctor willingly expose themselves to the virus in order to save us? Even at the cost of their lives?

I have my doubts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies