Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2020, 07:50 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don’t want to reduce freebies. You’re just virtue signaling like Republicans are prone to do. You’re showing off for your fellow Republicans on CD, and they’re silly enough to buy it. .
Says the member with 60,000 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
I didn't comment on disability. But since you brought it up, there are lots of folks who are able to work, but have gamed the system for disability payments either from the government or often worker's compensation insurance. But, my comment was simply a clarification that welfare is in fact a forcible charity. It can not be a true charity since the word charity is based on voluntarily giving to others in need, and the government doesn't ask for volunteers, it commandeers.
Right, I was just saying. Lots of people milk disability, too, unfortunately, but I feel for those who truly need it.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:56 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Simple fix, eliminate all income taxes on US companies.

Pretty easy.
How will that help?

Old 02-25-2020, 07:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Says the member with 60,000 posts.
What the hell do you care? I’m not the one on here proclaiming to be daddy deep pockets. Why TF are you telling me what you paid in taxes? I wouldn’t care if the IRS put you and yours out into the streets. Shrug. I’m not impressed by a 5 figure tax bill in a world where one man has several billion dollars. LMAO...next time don’t try so hard.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:14 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's start off by understanding that when you have been forced to contribute to a program like SS or Medicare, you are not receiving charity when you eventually collect. When members of the military or first responders receive government benefits they have EARNED by risking their lives with their jobs, that is not charity.

Now, when you receive more in services than you pay in, you ARE receiving charity.

Charity is paid for by others. If you are receiving charity, you should be thankful you are receiving it and not acting as though they owe you more.

Rich people are constantly being forced to give charity to others, and it's crazy people believe they should be forced to pay more charity.

If you want to give charity, that is great; however, saying others must pay more in charity just shows how selfish you are.
I have never heard of any rich people "forced" to give charity.

And when you receive more for something than you pay in, it's called "profit" and it's the goal of all business people. Profit, not charity.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:01 PM

1,138 posts, read 449,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Right, I was just saying. Lots of people milk disability, too, unfortunately, but I feel for those who truly need it.
I feel for the truly unfortunate also. I am not uncaring, but I do feel more oversight should be in place to make sure the truly disabled get what they need without sacrificing, so the fraudulent can simply avoid work. Peace.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:13 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Look it's a jungle out there. The more money the billionaires and multimillionaires hoard, the more of us that don't have anything and have less to lose. If it gets bad, you get a revolution where we raid their homes, and take those billions for ourselves - by force. That's how mother nature works.

So they should be careful. If they're not willing to pay tax for us to have health care then there can be big problems.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Society doesn't progress through theft and coercion.
Pretend concrete was a currency. And we live on a plane that has alot of holes where people can easily fall through.
People can get in better positions by stacking said concrete under themselves.
How about excess concrete gets used to solidify the plane we live on to keep people from falling through. You can still stack your concrete by doing work for more concrete but the concrete that patched all the holes stays there so no one has to fall through it. No knew even thinks of that concrete. And people can still live good.

People can still be poor but not at an extreme level... there will still be capitalism. People can still be entrepreneurs. But if life goes sour, you don’t have to end up in the streets.

Sure billionaire dude might be pissed at his taxes. But he’ll be pissed on his yacht, mad that he had to sell his 4th yacht..

“Jeeves, I am stressed, please fetch me my jet so I can fly to aspen to collect my thoughts”

Old 02-25-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What the hell do you care? I’m not the one on here proclaiming to be daddy deep pockets. Why TF are you telling me what you paid in taxes? I wouldn’t care if the IRS put you and yours out into the streets. Shrug. I’m not impressed by a 5 figure tax bill in a world where one man has several billion dollars. LMAO...next time don’t try so hard.
Welp, you've called me a charity case and/or a moocher this whole thread yet not offered any reasoning as to why it's true.

Nobody is trying to impress anyone. I give the government WAY more than I take, and way more than a lot of people do.

Yet you tell me I'm a charity case?

And it's just funny, you're also accusing people of virtue signalling when that's all you do with your 60,000 post count.

Get a life, get a job, get laid.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Look it's a jungle out there. The more money the billionaires and multimillionaires hoard, the more of us that don't have anything and have less to lose. If it gets bad, you get a revolution where we raid their homes, and take those billions for ourselves - by force. That's how mother nature works.

So they should be careful. If they're not willing to pay tax for us to have health care then there can be big problems.
Shakin' in my boots. Barney really got everyone riled up tonight!

Please come to my house and try to take anything of mine by force, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies