Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 06:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

you don’t get to be outraged by the Halftime Show

I don’t expect the world to act like the church, but our country has had a sense of moral decency on prime time TV in order to protect children. We see that disappearing before our eyes. It was demonstrated in tonight‘s Halftime Show—w/millions of kids watching. This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is okay. With the exploitation of women on the rise worldwide, instead of lowering the standard, we as a society should be raising it. I’m disappointed in Pepsi and the NFL.”

-Franklin Graham on Twitter

Any Christian who has denounced Trump has every right to be outraged by the halftime show. But if you still support the president, you should probably just keep your mouth shut about sexual exploitation in musical performances. The president you support has as bad a history of exploiting women–and underage girls–as anyone I can think of. He has been accused of sexual assault and rape by dozens of women. He has had numerous affairs. He has bragged about how his wealth and celebrity allow him to have his way with any woman.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/shanep...aign=FBCP-PATH

I never saw a post on this topic but I cannot wait to hear how conservatives Christians defend Trump on this matter. I’m not sure if Trump had anything to say about this topic/ tweet but it will be interesting to see if he plays into the hands of his conservative base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 06:53 PM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Yea well there was that Stormy thing, Trumps wife was home with his kid, his attorney is in jail. I am sure it was nothing. Seems I recall Trump saying he has never done anything to request forgiveness for. I just figured out who they think Trump is.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:01 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
So youre saying the halftime show was sexual exploitation and children were involved, viewed by over 100 million. And Trump had consensual sex in private.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:05 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Wasn’t the Super Bowl almost a month ago? There have already been multiple threads here about the halftime show. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl but did check out the number by J Lo and Shakira. Meg, I didn’t care about it either way. Props to both ladies for being so fit and I guess it’s to be expected since it was in Miami. From what I read of Franklin Graham’s comment, he took issue with it being at a (relatively) family event. I’m not siding either way but surely you can grasp the difference between a performance on stage viewed by millions of people, many being children, and behavior behind closed doors.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:41 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
And I said 90% of cheerleaders from age 5/30 are doing the same exact things parents cheering them on - all political BS against two latin women who have been dancing sexy for years!!

Old 02-25-2020, 07:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Wasn’t the Super Bowl almost a month ago? There have already been multiple threads here about the halftime show. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl but did check out the number by J Lo and Shakira. Meg, I didn’t care about it either way. Props to both ladies for being so fit and I guess it’s to be expected since it was in Miami. From what I read of Franklin Graham’s comment, he took issue with it being at a (relatively) family event. I’m not siding either way but surely you can grasp the difference between a performance on stage viewed by millions of people, many being children, and behavior behind closed doors.
I don’t know if this was a topic or not if so the mods can close it.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:46 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Ummm.. yeah. I think this is old news. Hmmm. Didnt watch the Bowl. Or the halftime show. But since the subject is sexual exploitation of women I'll take it on.

I was coupled up with a lady for a long time who was a rape/attempted rape survivor. The trauma from this irrevocably damaged and changed her. Ultimately the psychological damage coupled with other issues she had claimed her life.

During our time together I went to group therapy sessions with her and to her private appointments as well. I learned a lot about how women targeted and even groomed for sexual assault.

I've also seen this type of thing in the workplace firsthand. This was particularly difficult to deal with. Amongst other things I put a target on my back by speaking up. Of course they couldn't come after me for that but over about a year of a miserable work environment they found something to pin on me that was a firing offence. With the help of two of my co workers and my supervisor.

I could have fought it and probably won but I was just done. However I was very gratified because a group of the women who had been and still were being exploited and victimized. And they won. A 65 mill win. And the directors ( it was an all upper management thing) involved were fired.

One of the women I was very good friends with told me it was what happened with me that motivated them to speak up and fight back. I felt ten feet tall.

I've seen some very bad things. And not from the outside looking in via TV. If the OP thinks the halftime show was a horrible spectacle of women being exploited I suggest maybe doing some volunteer work at a womens shelter.

The exploitation and abuse of women is very real. I believe firmly that any woman who acuses a man of this and is undeniably proven to be lying for revenge and/or monetary gain should do prison time.

Because its crap like that makes real victims claims get dismissed out of hand and also makes them afraid to speak up and fight back.

And these fleabag hyenas just keep on victimizing more women. This is one of those issues that can easily see me loading my guns and sharpening my favorite combat knife. It is a killing matter for me.

Very much so. There are real victims out there enduring very real suffering who desperately need their voices to be heard. And people to stand up with them. Who are ready to fight back. Decent people who are fed up and not afraid.

If someone sees such things going on they should speak up. Not speaking up when lives are on the line like this with women who feel isolated a d cut off from any help need need that light in the forest.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:52 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
This is BS. Accusers recanted, backed out. Not one shred of proof was given. You must be thinking of billy bob, or any number of your leftist perverted politicians.
And any American can be outraged at anything they want to. You don't call the shots.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:13 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Baby-killers’ hypocrisy. Rich.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:22 PM

374 posts, read 146,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And I said 90% of cheerleaders from age 5/30 are doing the same exact things parents cheering them on - all political BS against two latin women who have been dancing sexy for years!!
Nope, not political BS against latin women. Pole dancing took it to the next level which was not appropriate for half time show with kids watching. Come on, Women! Do we have to resort to simulating stripping for attention? Geez.

Also, no, cheerleaders from age 5-30 are not doing "same exact things." I was a cheerleader and we never resorted to that kind of tackiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies