Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2020, 09:06 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
for a moment, let's pretend the Republicans in power are for the 1%, and want them to be able to continue making more and more money, and don't care if regular everyday Americans have a job or not.

So why aren't the Democrats - the self-proclaimed champion of the "working class", and now after the SC primary - the party with a core constituency of African-Americans ... helping the working class?

If we've got a finite amount of money to spend on social safety net - Medicaid, housing, schools, SNAP, etc etc etc ... then why do the Democrats dilute the benefits to their self-proclaimed core constituency ... in order to allow evermore illegals into the country?
Both parties work for their corporate masters that bankroll them.
Back in the day when unions had a huge presence, they could afford to have representation in DC.
Those days are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 09:33 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People who say things like "work 2 full time jobs" often don't get it and don't care. That is 80 hours a week, 16 hours a day. All you'd have time to do is sleep during the week. And then there is traffic to consider. The average commuter spends about 90 minutes a day in traffic. That drops sleep time from 8 hours to 6.5 hours. And then you have to get ready for work. Another 30 minutes. 6 hours of sleep a night. You'd spend the weekend catching up on sleep.

I think some people lack empathy and see things as "you should work yourself into the grave". I feel like persons who think like that either:

1) Lack empathy
2) Probably don't have an idea what it's like to work 2 full time jobs.
3) Have a "get mine and screw the rest of the world" mentality.
That’s all true. I have actually worked two jobs before and I was exhausted all the time. My day consisted of going to one job working eight hours then driving to my next job working another eight hours then going to sleep and waking up to do it again. Anyone who tells you working two jobs for a long time is doable has never worked two jobs before.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:39 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you live in a bubble. No average person can afford the things you mentioned. They would have to make close to a quarter of a million or at least $100,000 depending on where you live. The problem is the cost of living has gone up and wages haven't
Where do you people live? Where I live that's average..... A family of 2 people would have close to 100k income give or take and could afford to lease a 50k car and pay a mortgage . Maybe it's North East thing. Nobody buys cars / trucks anymore.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
for a moment, let's pretend the Republicans in power are for the 1%, and want them to be able to continue making more and more money, and don't care if regular everyday Americans have a job or not.

So why aren't the Democrats - the self-proclaimed champion of the "working class", and now after the SC primary - the party with a core constituency of African-Americans ... helping the working class?

If we've got a finite amount of money to spend on social safety net - Medicaid, housing, schools, SNAP, etc etc etc ... then why do the Democrats dilute the benefits to their self-proclaimed core constituency ... in order to allow evermore illegals into the country?
Democrats cannot win without African American support. 10 Percent of the electorate makes a dif when you can win or lose a state by 100k votes.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Where do you people live? Where I live that's average..... A family of 2 people would have close to 100k income give or take and could afford to lease a 50k car and pay a mortgage . Maybe it's North East thing. Nobody buys cars / trucks anymore.
It's a Northeast thing. Most of the rest of the country has abysmal to non-existent public transit, so we have no choice but to "afford" to buy vehicles.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
It's a Northeast thing. Most of the rest of the country has abysmal to non-existent public transit, so we have no choice but to "afford" to buy vehicles.
And Obamas cash for clunkers made to reward the losers in the car industry, hurt the poor by getting rid of the inexpensive cars the poorer purchase.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And Obamas cash for clunkers made to reward the losers in the car industry, hurt the poor by getting rid of the inexpensive cars the poorer purchase.
Those cars are death traps. I'm not really comfortable with them on the road. I'm all for people buying what they can afford but an unsafe vehicle can kill innocent people .

Old 03-01-2020, 05:35 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Right so people should suffer in their physical health, mental health, time with family just to make enough to live on what a great country we would be. Not sure why some people want this country to be a third world country. There is a reason most people do not work a second job and if they do not for an extended period of time.
then live in squalor, not my problem.....

Old 03-01-2020, 05:38 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People who say things like "work 2 full time jobs" often don't get it and don't care. That is 80 hours a week, 16 hours a day. All you'd have time to do is sleep during the week. And then there is traffic to consider. The average commuter spends about 90 minutes a day in traffic. That drops sleep time from 8 hours to 6.5 hours. And then you have to get ready for work. Another 30 minutes. 6 hours of sleep a night. You'd spend the weekend catching up on sleep.

I think some people lack empathy and see things as "you should work yourself into the grave". I feel like persons who think like that either:

1) Lack empathy
2) Probably don't have an idea what it's like to work 2 full time jobs.
3) Have a "get mine and screw the rest of the world" mentality.
168 hours in a week, if working more than 40 of them is too much for some, let them do without .....their decision....

Old 03-01-2020, 06:36 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
The average male has zero authority over "his" family and its spending. It is not not "his" family in the full sense of the word. He is just a dummy brainwashed to believe that it is his responsibility to finance something he does not control or else. A disposable slave in short. Erosion of male authority takes the brakes off the feminine acquisitive nature. The average male feels that he must pay for female company while imposing nothing on her or else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies