Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 02:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Wondering Why View Post
If schools and just 20% of commerce would shut down for more than a month that would cause a 1930s type Great Depression.
you base this on ....

Old 02-27-2020, 02:54 PM

19 posts, read 14,192 times
If the schools are closed and the situation gets worse it would not be legal to have daycare or any after school programs either. If the kids were warehoused in a daycare center that was open they would be sued if anyone got sick and spread the virus.

Old 02-27-2020, 03:05 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Wondering Why View Post
If the schools are closed and the situation gets worse it would not be legal to have daycare or any after school programs either. If the kids were warehoused in a daycare center that was open they would be sued if anyone got sick and spread the virus.

You assume us government and local government able to control us society. Plenty of illegal business going around the country, i am sure illegal daycare would be popping up. Probably as result of word and mouth

Old 02-27-2020, 04:09 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How is the virus spread?
Airborne, a sneeze, small particles from saliva or nose drip by touching and other human contact. and they say even on items like a door handle. Issue is, you drag it for two weeks all over the place and never knew you were sick. The bug attaches to your lungs - it’s a pneumonia type of illness.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:54 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Under assumption that this virus spreads, daycare will not be available. With that being said, i have yet to see on the news that of kids being sick with this virus. So maybe kids are not affected as much as adults?
Kids catch it, but don't get that sick. It makes them ideal contagion vectors. I don't know if this is an escaped Chinese bio-weapon, but if you designed a virus to be uncontainable, you couldn't do much better than Covid-19.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:04 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Airborne, a sneeze, small particles from saliva or nose drip by touching and other human contact. and they say even on items like a door handle. Issue is, you drag it for two weeks all over the place and never knew you were sick. The bug attaches to your lungs - it’s a pneumonia type of illness.
Exactly. Thus only closing schools because kids touch everything isn't going to stop the spread of the virus when you have adults still going to work, going shopping, going to restaurants, taking the kids out to public places.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Thus only closing schools because kids touch everything isn't going to stop the spread of the virus when you have adults still going to work, going shopping, going to restaurants, taking the kids out to public places.
Health officials and government envision empty streets, restaurants etc. Basically they want to see same thing that happened in China where everyone quarantined themselves. I am honestly not seeing that happen here. Sure some people will stay home but I am not seeing everyone listen to the government. I know personally I fully intend to ignore them. Being I live in Los Angeles, I wish them lots of luck to actually quarantine this city. It's just not going to happen

Old 02-28-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Health officials and government envision empty streets, restaurants etc. Basically they want to see same thing that happened in China where everyone quarantined themselves. I am honestly not seeing that happen here. Sure some people will stay home but I am not seeing everyone listen to the government. I know personally I fully intend to ignore them. Being I live in Los Angeles, I wish them lots of luck to actually quarantine this city. It's just not going to happen
It isnt going to be necessary either.
It would be interesting to see what would happen though with the differences in Chinese and Americans.
I read a few articles or interviews where the Chinese government and businesses was trying to get people to come back to work but many Chinese still dont want to get out for fear of contracting the virus.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It isnt going to be necessary either.
It would be interesting to see what would happen though with the differences in Chinese and Americans.
I read a few articles or interviews where the Chinese government and businesses was trying to get people to come back to work but many Chinese still dont want to get out for fear of contracting the virus.

Not sure how many video's you seen from China but they were welding apartment entrances doors, people apartment doors, chaining home doors etc. There is video of force quarantine. Yes i know society is very different but I also think we haven't see anything like this virus in very long time.

I am not sure that in China it really was as much of people not wanting to come back to work as city was completely paralyzed as result of government action.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Not sure how many video's you seen from China but they were welding apartment entrances doors, people apartment doors, chaining home doors etc. There is video of force quarantine. Yes i know society is very different but I also think we haven't see anything like this virus in very long time.

I am not sure that in China it really was as much of people not wanting to come back to work as city was completely paralyzed as result of government action.
Actually I haven't seen any, just read articles, listen to interviews. I was not aware the government went to those lengths.

As far as fatalities, it is at about 1% now I understand. Much less that the seasonal flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies