Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the American economy entered into a recession?
Yes 89 42.58%
No 120 57.42%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 04:35 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Markets go up, and they go down. This is a coronovirus "scare" and hysteria, caused by the outbreak. I *think* it will get under control, and markets will be back up and roaring strongly again in a few days.

Recession is a Democrat and left driven media dream, so that Trump is ideally not re-elected.

The Democrats are so giddy now that stocks are dipping a bit. It's desperation and panic, because Lord knows, they got absolutely nothing else.
More telling then that. The Fed needing to inject liquidity in the overnight credit markets was worrying. Treasury sucking up all the liquidity due to funding the GOP Trillion dollar deficit another problem.

Just a shaky market waiting for a reason to get out with profit. Trump's bad job at the podium the final nail in the box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 04:36 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
LOL so recessions are just fairytales that never happen?
What I'll say to that is that Democrats live in a fairytale world of "recession right around the corner" for 3 years+.

They've been trying to impeach Trump since day 1, and are so low and desperate at this point, that most Democrats would root for a recession if it weakened Trump's re-election.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:38 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
It's probably just the corona virus scare, but historically speaking, we’re overdue for a recession.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:42 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
What I'll say to that is that Democrats live in a fairytale world of "recession right around the corner" for 3 years+.

They've been trying to impeach Trump since day 1, and are so low and desperate at this point, that most Democrats would root for a recession if it weakened Trump's re-election.
Some, such as that comedian who I forget his name, would. However, given the fact I still haven't come back from the 2008 recession and knowing another one of that magnitude right now could cause me to end up bankrupt, I'm definitely not.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:45 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
More telling then that. The Fed needing to inject liquidity in the overnight credit markets was worrying. Treasury sucking up all the liquidity due to funding the GOP Trillion dollar deficit another problem.

Just a shaky market waiting for a reason to get out with profit. Trump's bad job at the podium the final nail in the box.
Well, I certainly hope a recession is not coming now. I don't want to see anyone's business dip, or anyone laid off, or anyone struggling to keep their house, like in 07/08.

We'll see what happens here, but I think this is only the virus reaction.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:47 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Well, I certainly hope a recession is not coming now. I don't want to see anyone's business dip, or anyone laid off, or anyone struggling to keep their house, like in 07/08.

We'll see what happens here, but I think this is only the virus reaction.
I hope not also.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
At market close on Thursday it is looking like the worst week on Wall Street since 2008. At this point I can’t help but wonder if it’s officially the beginning of an economic recession?
nope... not a recession.... certainly a correction..... but not a recession....

Old 02-27-2020, 04:52 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,635 times
The travel industry is already starting to report that it is being devastated. United Airlines just reported that travel to China is now zero (obviously) and to the rest of Asia is off by 75%.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:54 PM

1,503 posts, read 606,716 times
Manufacturing failing for 7 straight months now:
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ing-production

FedRes pours about $75Bln into economy each month for this period (another QE, just like 2009-10):
https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...centtrends.htm

Great economy! No recession ahead! Buy more stocks!

Old 02-27-2020, 04:55 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^This. The market downturn is also temporary due to the virus over hype and lies generated by the enemies of America, the Democrats and the MEDIA.
So now republicans are trying to blame a virus outbreak on the democrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies