Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 03:29 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The media makes it complicated. They take local events and splash them nationwide in service of the Narrative. In their eyes, calling the police on blacks for frivolous reasons (and many are frivolous reasons) is worse than actual physical violence against whites based on the color of their skin.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bbq-becky-...ry?id=58584961

Would AyBeeeCee Nooz list the violent attacks on whites due to racism? This isn't about the attacks and phone calls to police, but the way the media selectively pays attention and shapes their narratives.

It's about the media.
Yeah, I get it's the media, I'm just frustrated by the inaneness of the whole thing altogether.

I just wonder where all of this bias the media has about these issues, what is their end goal here? Is it driven by some kind of white guilt? Why the need to push a story when the person is white and sorta downplay or not talk at all when a non-white person does something bad?

I'm really puzzled here. It's got to be some kind of SJW thing, I literally don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 03:36 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,047 times
Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't reported, but the attention and outrage are definitely milder.
Does this really need to be explained to you?

This woman assaulted another person. She was taken into custody and this is a criminal investigation.

What's to be outraged about? Outrage over this one woman??? Okay. BAAAAHHHH!!!! BOOOOO TO HER!

There, done.

Now, a white woman being so freaked out about black people that she calls the cops on them for having a BBQ....and that wasn't even a stand alone incident, there were several instances where white people were caught on camera calling the cops over blacks doing things that were "suspcious" like, you know, having a BBQ. There was no crime committed. No law broke. So it was several instances of racism out of fear.

This black woman who assaulted the white one is facing criminal charges.

The white people who called the cops for no reason on black people will not.

They are apples and oranges, and TBH, I think it says something about you that you compare the two.

If you want to take some free, unsolicited advice, you should get off the computer and go experience real people in the real world a bit more. Maybe go hang out with groups of people outside your own race. I think it'd do you good.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:20 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Does this really need to be explained to you?

This woman assaulted another person. She was taken into custody and this is a criminal investigation.

What's to be outraged about? Outrage over this one woman??? Okay. BAAAAHHHH!!!! BOOOOO TO HER!

There, done.
It needs to be explained to you. My whole point which I made again and again, and yes, again, was about the media, mainstream and social, how they are selective in their outrage.

Quote:
Now, a white woman being so freaked out about black people that she calls the cops on them for having a BBQ....and that wasn't even a stand alone incident, there were several instances where white people were caught on camera calling the cops over blacks doing things that were "suspcious" like, you know, having a BBQ. There was no crime committed. No law broke. So it was several instances of racism out of fear.
And there are several (to say the least) incidences of violence against whites. Do you really want to compare? Do you still miss the point of how the MEDIA reports such instances?

Quote:
This black woman who assaulted the white one is facing criminal charges.

The white people who called the cops for no reason on black people will not.

They are apples and oranges, and TBH, I think it says something about you that you compare the two.
The point, the whole point is about media reporting. Does it have to be repeated??

Quote:
If you want to take some free, unsolicited advice, you should get off the computer and go experience real people in the real world a bit more. Maybe go hang out with groups of people outside your own race. I think it'd do you good.
If you want some free advice, learn reading comprehension.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Anyone who has hatred for others only hurts themselves. I don't want to go through life having a negative mindset nor do I want to be around people who are like this. Negative people only bring everyone around them down, it is contagious. I got the negative people out of my life. Life it too short, no one is worth it and certainly not because of their skin color.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Long term, is she going to have this all plead down to a minor misdemeanor? Time will tell.
She is in her own self made prison.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:46 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,047 times
Quote:
It needs to be explained to you. My whole point which I made again and again, and yes, again, was about the media, mainstream and social, how they are selective in their outrage.

And there are several (to say the least) incidences of violence against whites. Do you really want to compare? Do you still miss the point of how the MEDIA reports such instances?

The point, the whole point is about media reporting. Does it have to be repeated??

If you want some free advice, learn reading comprehension.
lol
I never misunderstood. I was explaining to you why the media was "selective" as you call it.

My point was that a woman being arrested for assault and people calling the cops because black people are around are two totally different things. And, as I said, I think it says a lot about you that you think they are similar.

Again. To make it simple for you, there is NO "media outrage" because the woman committed a crime and was arrested. What is there to be outraged about?

Actually yes, please answer that question. Forget, for a moment, your silly whataboutist nonsense, and just answer that question. What should the media be outraged about? What should they be reporting on this matter? A woman committed a crime. That woman was arrested. The media reported it. What are we missing here?

Old 02-28-2020, 06:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She is black and female. She will have charges dismissed.
Maybe she should hit up Jesse Smollet because both of them had their charges dropped

Old 02-28-2020, 07:15 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
The hate is all over the place. Honestly a more segregated society seems to be better. At least for now. If you look at racial maps, blacks live with blacks and whites live with whites when it comes to housing. For work it is a mix of people and that is where the problems are. At homes no issues for the most part except the occasional situation like that white girl murdered at her home recently by a bunch of blacks.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:22 PM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The hate is all over the place. Honestly a more segregated society seems to be better. At least for now. If you look at racial maps, blacks live with blacks and whites live with whites when it comes to housing. For work it is a mix of people and that is where the problems are. At homes no issues for the most part except the occasional situation like that white girl murdered at her home recently by a bunch of blacks.
Separate but equal?

Old 02-28-2020, 07:32 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. I sure do. It just comes pouring out.

Again, you really think she hates white people? Sounds more to me like she’s a nut.
She's a nut that hates white people.

"A black woman is facing hate crime charges in Oregon for allegedly attacking a mom at a bus stop while saying that she hated “white people,” court documents show".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies