Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 08:29 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

Well surprise surprise, he's not going to BoA stadium.
He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!
Ah, the old Charlotte Coliseum! It's pretty good size, but I haven't been there since the '60's. We used to watch the Charlotte Clippers play hockey there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlo...6%E2%80%931960

Old 02-28-2020, 09:03 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Quoted for truth. Trump has what amounts to Deadheads following him. It will fill.
When the Checkers won last year, the crowd was larger.

Bojangles, nicely redone and worth a trip for some good hockey.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:05 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
I keep getting paid/sponsored adds in my Facebook feed for the Trump Rally in Charlotte. I find it odd, because I don't follow any of his stuff, so I started following the trail, and they are paid/sponsored adds.

Out of curiosity, I clicked through, because I knew Charlotte has a huge Stadium (Bank of America Stadium, where the Panthers played), so I was really curious how full it would be. Even to fill 75k seats in a metro area of over 2M is not a huge deal, so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble, considering all the people that tell us that he's going to win because he fills the biggest stadiums.

He's not even going to the Downtown Coliseum, where the NBA Hornets play (I think like 18k capacity)

Nope, he's holding his rally at Bojangle's arena. Capacity is 8600, and he's been spending money left and right because (apparently) the FREE tickets are not selling.

It's just another example of how what Trump and his base say, does not equate to reality.

This guy, according to himself, should have BoA stadium full, with an overflow crowd at the Hornets arena. NOPE!
"so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble,"Looks pretty full to me.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trumps...f-past-events/

Old 02-29-2020, 05:10 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
A minor league hockey team can fill it and has. Go Checker's.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:45 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:

Charlotte is a Blueish city in a Purple state.

And traffic sucks there.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:47 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...YuUlxF1yEJPrFQ

Old 02-29-2020, 06:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you don't think that Trump wouldn't be faced with bad weather on Mar 1 in Charlotte like Obama? You can't have it both ways.

Do you have any familiarity with this part of Charlotte? Charlotte city is 35% Black and this part of Charlotte is more like 50% Black. If he fills it with locals, it's very very bad news for the Democrats. Trump decides to hold a rally in a 10,000 seat arena in a Black part of the city, and you fault him for it.

Some of you guys claim that he only goes places where it's very very Red. Here's a great example of him going to a very BLUE area. And you fault him for that too. It never ends with you guys. Day after day with the derangement.

Give him some credit for reaching out beyond his base.
1. Spectrum Arena has a roof, last time I checked, and 2.5x capacity of Bojangles
2. This is not about race. ACCORDING TO YOU WK, Trump is, and has been wildly popular in Charlotte. You've posted this for four years now. So why can't he fill a 20k arena in a metro area of 2M+? (that is only 1% of the population, assuming nobody comes from outside the Metrolina area).

Anyway, it does't bother me
It doesn't keep me up at night
It doesn't give (or prove) me a syndrome.

Simply pointing out that you guys always talk about his huge crowds as evidence of his popularity. (He actually is Popular, I admit), it's just funny that he's having to struggle to fill an outdated, small arena in very town that YOU always said is breaming with support...

G'day, I got stuffs to do...

Old 02-29-2020, 06:45 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"so I was a little curious why they were having so much trouble,"Looks pretty full to me.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trumps...f-past-events/
How can you tell from that picture, it doesn't show anything but "front and center" and right behind the stage. Not saying it IS a photo-opt, just saying you can't tell from the pic.

And again, I'm sure he filled it, Just funny he chose the smaller venue, and had to spend so much money to get about .4% of the population to come out.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:55 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

Simply pointing out that you guys always talk about his huge crowds as evidence of his popularity. (He actually is Popular, I admit), it's just funny that he's having to struggle to fill an outdated, small arena in very town that YOU always said is breaming with support...

G'day, I got stuffs to do...
Wait. The rally is not for 3 more days.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
How can you tell from that picture, it doesn't show anything but "front and center" and right behind the stage. Not saying it IS a photo-opt, just saying you can't tell from the pic.

And again, I'm sure he filled it, Just funny he chose the smaller venue, and had to spend so much money to get about .4% of the population to come out.

The rally hasn't happened yet. hahahahaha

What are you guys even ranting about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies