Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 12:27 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,645,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
HAW.

Obama couldn't fill it at his own convention in 2012

Obama was scheduled to give his acceptance speech in this 75,000 venue. They couldn't come close to filling it and they were begging people locally to go down there to make a showing. Obama couldn't fill it even with every Democrat politician in the USA in Charlotte and this was one of the bluest areas of the state.

So they canceled it, blamed it on fear of thunderstorms, and moved it to Spectrum Arena. And even then Obama had trouble filling it. So according to you Obama was a YUGE disappointment with his base, AT HIS ON CONVENTION. Remember it's your standard. What say you about that?

<crickets>
Obama was scheduled for the stadium. That was canceled at the last minute because of thunderstorms occurring throughout the area all day and projected into the night. People could have been hit by lightning. Sorry to rain on your parade.

The better comparison will be made after Trump's rally in Charlotte with the BlueNC event tonight which will include Governor Cooper, Mike Bloomberg, and Amy Klobuchar.

According to your previous statements, there's enough Republicans in the Charlotte suburbs to fill the larger indoor venue.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:27 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,075,353 times
No one cares about Biden here in NC, and I mean no one.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:32 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Obama was scheduled for the stadium. That was canceled at the last minute because of thunderstorms occurring throughout the area all day and projected into the night. People could have been hit by lightning. Sorry to rain on your parade.....
They couldn't fill it. Not even close. The thunderstorm excuse was nonsense since they canceled it days before the event. And why the double standard then. You know what the weather has been like here now.

And you know that if Trump fills the old coliseum in that part of Charlotte, one of the Bluest areas of the state, it's very bad news for the Democrats.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
They couldn't fill it. Not even close. The thunderstorm excuse was nonsense since they canceled it days before the event.
They could fill it. It was canceled that day when the projected thunderstorms started occurring in the region. There was no way to protect people, so it was moved indoors, to the basketball arena, on a first come, first served basis.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:37 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,075,353 times
Quote:
They couldn't fill it. Not even close. The thunderstorm excuse was nonsense since they canceled it days before the event. And why the double standard then. You know what the weather has been like here now.

And you know that if Trump fills the old coliseum in that part of Charlotte, one of the Bluest areas of the state, it's very bad news for the Democrats.
What you say is quite true......that area of the city is as blue as the hair of the freaks that walk around there.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:40 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,691,348 times
Default charlotte NC trUMP rally...

Quote:
OK. So show us ANYWHERE in the Carolinas where Biden has filled an arena? <crickets>

There's your willful ignorance. Just like the premise of this entire topic.

I stand by this 100%
According to the Deranged Democrat.
  • Trump holds Rally in Bluest Part of NC in 10,000 seat arena - Trump is going to lose.
  • Joe Biden manages to partially fill a coffee shop in Charlotte - He's a winner.
Has to be seen to be believed.

Boy oh boy!!!! That reply absolutely takes the cake in terms of any case I've ever seen on City-data of "willing ignorance"!
Going further, you have now surpassed yourself in terms of all that I've ever seen posted by you before, & that is saying a lot!

I just pointed out to you that your very own link said "Jill Biden..." was at a Charlotte coffee shop & not Joe Biden but yet you still say that you absolutely 100% stand by what you said.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Do you think that you can convince me that no one from Cabbarus, Iredell, Lincoln, Gaston, or Union Counties would go to Trump's rally when they're already there for work? I'm not stupid.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:47 PM

8,371 posts, read 4,354,209 times
If you try to put 20 people in a Mini Cooper, there is going to be a line.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Boy oh boy!!!! That reply absolutely takes the cake in terms of any case I've ever seen on City-data of "willing ignorance"!
Going further, you have now surpassed yourself in terms of all that I've ever seen posted by you before, & that is saying a lot!

I just pointed out to you that your very own link said "Jill Biden..." was at a Charlotte coffee shop & not Joe Biden but yet you still say that you absolutely 100% stand by what you said.
He's still trying to sell the story about Obama's speech being moved to the basketball arena, which was made at the last minute. They knew the weather situation, and made the alternative plans ahead of time, but the move was not official until the thunderstorms appeared that day, as projected.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:54 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,637,552 times
Quote:
Trump decides to hold a rally right in the middle of one of the Bluest parts of North Carolina, D12. This is Alma Adams district and one infamously gerrymandered to insure that only a Black person can win it by order of the courts.

I find it remarkable that Trump is going there for a rally. If he fills that Coliseum it's very very bad news for the Democrats.

(these trump haters. they always fail)

Wherever there is a thread about a rally, you can bet Waldo in somewhere in it. Absolutely obsessed with crowd sizes, just like your dear leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.