Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2021, 08:39 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YevTK View Post
Your link is to data in the UK for a 3 week period. Not persuasive.

The CDC data is generally good.
You can drill to any of their other 3 week periods and see if the results change.

Generally good, when have they been generally good during this pandemic?

Old 10-08-2021, 08:50 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if I were you I'd stick with dementia Joe. How many times has he said he's beaten Covid now? Hear him yesterday? LMAO stumbling, bumbling, marble mouth.
When all someone can do is deflect, it’s a sign that they know what they claimed is an utter failure but they don’t want to admit it in public

Old 10-08-2021, 08:51 AM

445 posts, read 219,895 times
Quote:
Your link is to data in the UK for a 3 week period. Not persuasive.

The CDC data is generally good.
Much of the time, they just don't collect any data (e.g. breakthrough infections). Other times, it's massaged (e.g. counting someone at 13 days post vaccination as "unvaccinated" -- "partially vaccinated" would be much more honest/accurate).

Old 10-08-2021, 08:52 AM

199 posts, read 67,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You can drill to any of their other 3 week periods and see if the results change.

Generally good, when have they been generally good during this pandemic?
First of all I only said that the CDC data has been generally good.

You claimed that the CDC lies about everything, where's your proof for that claim?

Old 10-08-2021, 09:04 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
Much of the time, they just don't collect any data (e.g. breakthrough infections). Other times, it's massaged (e.g. counting someone at 13 days post vaccination as "unvaccinated" -- "partially vaccinated" would be much more honest/accurate).
Or they just get it wrong, and push false data out to the public.

A Misleading C.D.C. Number

The CDC will declare the science is settled and use it to set policy, and then a few weeks later they do a 180 flip, and claim the settled science says the opposite. If the CDC does not know, then don't just make it up, or repeat bad data and rumors from other people who are also just making it up as they go..

Old 10-08-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
First of all I only said that the CDC data has been generally good.

You claimed that the CDC lies about everything, where's your proof for that claim?
Breakthrough cases are rare.
Vaccines don't cause myocarditis (March 2021).

To name a few.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Breakthrough cases are rare.
Vaccines don't cause myocarditis (March 2021).

To name a few.
You claimed that the CDC lies about everything.

What in the current cases, deaths and hospitalization data are they lying about?

Old 10-08-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
You claimed that the CDC lies about everything.

What in the current cases, deaths and hospitalization data are they lying about?
How they stopped tracking breakthrough cases (unless it results in hospitalizations) is a form of lying.

Obviously my claim they "lie about everything" is hyperbole. But they have been actively been deceiving the American public on this pandemic on numerous fronts.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
How they stopped tracking breakthrough cases (unless it results in hospitalizations) is a form of lying.

Obviously my claim they "lie about everything" is hyperbole. But they have been actively been deceiving the American public on this pandemic on numerous fronts.
The context of this was your claim that "Did you know unvaccinated 12-18 year olds are less likely to die than vaccinated 20-29 year olds?".

The CDC data says otherwise. So are you claiming that the CDC deaths by age data is a lie?

Old 10-08-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
The context of this was your claim that "Did you know unvaccinated 12-18 year olds are less likely to die than vaccinated 20-29 year olds?".

The CDC data says otherwise. So are you claiming that the CDC deaths by age data is a lie?
I provided you a link - from UK health data. They used AZ but Pfizer mostly for younger people.

As I told you, I don't trust CDC data. I gave some examples of how they either lied or "fudged" data to push their agenda. If you want to trust their data, go ahead. Though we need to fix the discrepancy between UK teens and American ones. Are American ones just more unhealthy leading to more effect from the vaccines? Possibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies