Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2021, 10:11 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I kind of wonder what the profile is of someone who is above 70 and not vaxxed. Most 70+ Americans are vaccinated, Trump supporters or Biden supporters. They probably have extreme health problems, precluding them from being vaccinated.
I'm closer to 80 than 70 and have no health issues except very mild HBP, for which I've been able to reduce medication to a minimal level with the goal of eliminating it completely.
Our resident doctor on these threads can probably verify that BP under 120 with 50mg of Losartan can't be considered anywhere near an extreme health problem.
Obviously, I'm only speaking for a population of one. But, you asked.

Old 10-13-2021, 10:20 AM

16,409 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I figured it would be a matter of time until these cases started popping up:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-s...114025281.html

Old 10-13-2021, 11:36 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
All August deaths counted as "vaccinated" per the State of Colorado must have been vaccinated with all doses required per vaccine for 14+ days prior to positive PCR.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-breakthrough

July unvaccinated population in Colorado = 2,799,634

July vaccinated population in Colorado = 2,964,362

Median unvaccinated age of deaths was 79. Vaccinated was 76. New calculations state median age vaccinated = 81 & median age unvaccinated = 75.
And now, check Colorado vaccination rates in this age category. (Hint: it's 80% + ). Adjust for that. Are we done?

Last edited by serger; 10-13-2021 at 12:28 PM..

Old 10-13-2021, 06:42 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
I kind of wonder what the profile is of someone who is above 70 and not vaxxed. Most 70+ Americans are vaccinated, Trump supporters or Biden supporters. They probably have extreme health problems, precluding them from being vaccinated.
Some of them do, but in a lot of states the unvaccinated share of the over-65 population is relatively high - in the 10% range. In other states it is much lower, more like 2% or 3%. I suspect the real rate of medical issues is closer to 2% than 10%, and the states with the 10% of seniors unvaccinated have most of them willfully unvaccinated, rather than medically contra-indicated. To believe otherwise, you would have to believe that the medical problems vary dramatically from state to state in a way that other medical conditions don't, which I submit, is implausible.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:56 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Quote:
That's a good point. I can't really think of a single reason people over 60 shouldn't get the jab. It's a shame it's been politicized to this degree. I blame the left entirely for this (Biden, Harris, Pelosi, news pundits all said they were wary of the jabs until they won).

Your posts have been really insightful. Can you think of a reason (other than extreme health issues)?

Old 10-13-2021, 07:37 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I figured it would be a matter of time until these cases started popping up:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-s...114025281.html
Geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
That's a good point. I can't really think of a single reason people over 60 shouldn't get the jab. It's a shame it's been politicized to this degree. I blame the left entirely for this (Biden, Harris, Pelosi, news pundits all said they were wary of the jabs until they won).

Your posts have been really insightful. Can you think of a reason (other than extreme health issues)?
Fear. Blood clots, heart issues...and yes, I know those exist with Covid too. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:22 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:

One reason... do you think vax adverse reactions only happen to younger people?
I'm not chancing it even though it could be said that if some of those effects may not be immediate, I might die first anyway so why worry about them?
Maybe because I won't die soon if genetics provide any clue.

In the meantime, after this administration has to give up it's agenda, something better may come along.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:59 AM

3,082 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
no "extreme health problems" here. I dont believe in "vaccines" that aren't vaccines and mandates by govt about what I inject into my body. Has nothing to do with Trump or Biden. Didnt vote for either. Stop stereotyping people.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:59 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
One reason... do you think vax adverse reactions only happen to younger people?
I'm not chancing it even though it could be said that if some of those effects may not be immediate, I might die first anyway so why worry about them?
Maybe because I won't die soon if genetics provide any clue.

In the meantime, after this administration has to give up it's agenda, something better may come along.
That’s a fair point. My folks are in their mid 60s and there are days where I wonder if I’ve coerced them into taking a cure that may be worse than the disease…

I always forget that a lot of posters here are a lot older and it makes sense why so many are so afraid.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:03 AM

3,082 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
That’s a fair point. My folks are in their mid 60s and there are days where I wonder if I’ve coerced them into taking a cure that may be worse than the disease…

I always forget that a lot of posters here are a lot older and it makes sense why so many are so afraid.
most of you, if you have any sense, should be afraid of a govt that imposes their health mandates on the populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies