Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2021, 02:26 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Terms like “low quality” are your opinion. In fact, it’s not your opinion, it was spoon fed to you by critics of IVM, usually with ulterior motives.
No it's not an opinion. There is a big difference between lets say an ecological study and an RCT.

Quote:
I’ll repeat again, totaling all studies on IVM, 60+, over 50,000 people, and around 70% of them show positive results for IVM.
You are repeating the same misinformation that many Ivermectinistas continue to repeat without even reading the actual studies from that site. How about you pick the best high quality study that you think shows clear cut evidence that Ivermectin is of significant benefit in treating COVID and we can dive into the actual study and discuss it? Deal?

Old 10-28-2021, 02:45 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
No it's not an opinion. There is a big difference between lets say an ecological study and an RCT.

You are repeating the same misinformation that many Ivermectinistas continue to repeat without even reading the actual studies from that site. How about you pick the best high quality study that you think shows clear cut evidence that Ivermectin is of significant benefit in treating COVID and we can dive into the actual study and discuss it? Deal?
The best study on IVM was out of Egypt and it was retracted. Elgazzar was never allowed to defend the accusations of data manipulation which I found rather spurious. I’m not happy how that retraction was done.

There are few RCT and Peer Reviewed studies out of India, Bangladesh, and Mexico I could link. But I know you immediately will pounce on the size. Some with less than 100 people.

Taken individually your points have merit but not when we include all the studies together. Unless there is a worldwide conspiracy to promote IVM why would so many studies out of so many different countries produce the same results?

Old 10-28-2021, 03:56 PM

445 posts, read 219,895 times
Quote:
The best study on IVM was out of Egypt and it was retracted. Elgazzar was never allowed to defend the accusations of data manipulation which I found rather spurious. I’m not happy how that retraction was done.

There are few RCT and Peer Reviewed studies out of India, Bangladesh, and Mexico I could link. But I know you immediately will pounce on the size. Some with less than 100 people.

Taken individually your points have merit but not when we include all the studies together. Unless there is a worldwide conspiracy to promote IVM why would so many studies out of so many different countries produce the same results?
Wasn't there also a major clinical trial underway sponsored by Temple University, then mysteriously stopped mid-stream? No one reports why - we can likely speculate.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:40 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
I know this is not quite COVID post but this number literally stunned me. You are worried about disease but look at this

Phthalates in Food Packaging Lead to 100,000 Deaths in U.S. Each Year, Study Finds
Paige Bennett

Google it. Food you eat. Shampoos you use. Nail polish. Soap. Food wrapper.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:42 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Despite the intense efforts of the rabid anti-vaxx population, we are making progress. As of today (Oct 28):

~418 million administered doses of vaccine
~80% of the 18 and over population has had at least one jab
~97% of the 65 and over population has had at least one jab.

Data is from CDC website.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:54 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Despite the intense efforts of the rabid anti-vaxx population, we are making progress. As of today (Oct 28):

And all those people can still get and pass Covid. UK data says vaxxed die at the same rate as the unvaxxed.

What do your shots do again?

Edit: I hope serger is not responding to me. I'm never going to see it. I'll bet it's inaccurate and rude though...

Last edited by logiatype; 10-28-2021 at 08:16 PM..

Old 10-28-2021, 08:06 PM

8,142 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
And all those people can still get and pass Covid. UK data says vaxxed die at the same rate as the unvaxxed.

What do your shots do again?
Yes, they can get it and pass it, bit at a much lower rate.

No, it does not say that. Next.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
Wasn't there also a major clinical trial underway sponsored by Temple University, then mysteriously stopped mid-stream? No one reports why - we can likely speculate.
As I understand, their results are expected at the end of this year. Do you have an article on their methodology, or this stoppage?

I wouldn't be surprised results to be delayed to not interfere with vaccinations.

Some of these studies are intentionally rigged, giving only a single dose of IVM in the trials. It would be like giving 1 dose of antibiotics, and concluding they don't work.

I'm fairly certain IVM will be vindicated as effective, but only after the gov hits their vaccination targets and rolls out some expensive and dangerous drugs like Merck's Molnupiravir.

When IVM is vindicated, mark my words, the people here will not bat an eyelash. The narrative will be: new data came in, and medical community updated their recommendations, as should happen!

Old 10-29-2021, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post

The intense effort of rabid anti-vaxx? It's more like the intense efforts of the rabid, fasco-vaxxers who are forcing people to choose between their jobs, normal life and getting the vax. You squeeze people enough, they will get the vax. And no care in the world if they suffer bad outcomes.

Disgusting. I don't want to share a country with people like you.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:13 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
That study was straight up plagiarized, not to mention there were MANY things wrong with it. Any one with half a brain could see that study was pretty much made up. Of course he didn't defend it because he copied a large portion of it and made up numbers
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZFK...jkqrU7L1l/view

Quote:
Are you sure these are RCT's? Lets see them

Quote:
That's what a Systematic Review and a Meta-Analysis is for. The current Meta-Analysis that are available show NO benefit of using Ivermectin for COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies