Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 06:04 AM

57,279 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You need to step back from the CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, New York Times, Washington Post, AP, Koolaid, and look at the facts and reality of a great Trump Presidency and the positives of our economy and country, instead of hoping for American citizens, and our country to fail.
The poster was making the point that the drop was due to Sanders campaign, that's absurd even for a Trump supporter.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:08 AM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Human coronaviruses are common throughout the world. Probably everyone has had it before at one time or another. People are so uninformed. Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that are common in both humans and animals that usually cause mild-to-moderate respiratory illnesses. Six people in a nursing home have died from it, big deal.
If you are one of those six you might have a bit different attitude. Coronavirus is a family of viruses that cause a wide range of diseases, indeed from the common cold but other very severe illness.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The poster was making the point that the drop was due to Sanders campaign, that's absurd even for a Trump supporter.
No, it's not absurd that the market would panic over the notion of a retarded communist getting the DNC nomination.

Once it became clear that the Dems are going to sabbatoge his campaign, it is no wonder the market bounced back HUGE!

This country doesn't want your communism, sorry.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:13 AM

57,279 posts, read 26,206,502 times
South Korea had a few cases 3 weeks ago now they have 5,000, I don't recall any virus spreading this rapidly. China and other countries are taking extreme measures to isolate the virus I don't know that will ne the case here. They have shut down mass transit schools and entire cities but it does appear to be leveling off. Seattle is developing isolation centers and putting health care workers on paid leave for 14 days in self isolation. This can spread very rapidly and we are at the very front end.

Many unknows.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:19 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, it's not absurd that the market would panic over the notion of a retarded communist getting the DNC nomination.

Once it became clear that the Dems are going to sabbatoge his campaign, it is no wonder the market bounced back HUGE!

This country doesn't want your communism, sorry.

Close: THey will panic when they see the end of Trump's corporate welfare policies, and the end of wealth redistribution from the working class to the rich. When they see common-sense regulation come back in vogue.

Trump has given them all those things. Some think it's a good thing, many feel it is bad in the long run. But the large-business, ultra-elite who put Trump in office will certainly reel if he's out. It's EVIDENCE that his economy is built partially on false promise and artificial boosting of the markets. When Trump goes, so do his policies, which (btw) are policies of someone who doesn't believe in true capitalism, lest he would let the markets do their thing and would quit meddling with tarrifs and other interference.

Bernie will be bad for the economy. Trump IS bad for the economy. Joe, like Obama, will be a stabilizing force, and give us years of stability for the next GOP candidate to coat-tail on and destroy.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:19 AM

698 posts, read 234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
South Korea had a few cases 3 weeks ago now they have 5,000, I don't recall any virus spreading this rapidly. China and other countries are taking extreme measures to isolate the virus I don't know that will ne the case here. They have shut down mass transit schools and entire cities but it does appear to be leveling off. Seattle is developing isolation centers and putting health care workers on paid leave for 14 days in self isolation. This can spread very rapidly and we are at the very front end.

Many unknows.
Many unknowns and I get the distinct impression the President is intentionally withholding information for political reasons. And he is completely incompetent. He actually sent out a tweet yesterday saying he was going to pressure the phams for a vaccine and a CURE. he is simply a fool, there is a reason people lack trust in this white house. During a press conference yesterday The Donald was talking about a vaccine in a few months. One of the adults in the room had to correct him. That doctor will probably be fired before long for correcting Dear Leader.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:23 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
World Health Organization has been the unbiased leader in global health for decades. I rarely use CDC.

WHO is simply the best.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:25 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I think that the point that needs to be said repeatedly is that no one knows very much for sure yet as to how serious this will be. It could be a pandemic that kills many millions of people, and it could cause fewer deaths than the flu. I think that people should just take basic precautions for now (washing hands more frequently, having a month's worth of non-perishables on hand, and possibly avoiding crowds as much as possible) until we have much more of a history. We can guess all we want now -- and some can panic and some cannot be worried at all -- but I don't think many of us, or even many experts, can make any kind of fairly accurate guess as to what will happen in the U.S. for another four weeks or so (or two weeks at the earliest).

But unless the number of cases in the U.S. start skyrocketing (meaning going from something like the 105 current cases today to 1,000 cases next week to 10,000 cases the week after), although I will continue to monitor the situation, I am not going to drastically change my life in any way.

And, yes, the hospital situation is worrisome -- and I don't like the lack of information and how the Trump administration seems to be handling this situation at all -- but I realize that there is nothing that can be done about that on my part and I would think on the part of any of the other posters on C-D. All we can do is watch and do the best for ourselves as best as we can.

(And if Trump really bungles this, we can remember it come November, and vote for someone who is more intelligent and experienced even though I don't truly "like" any of the current front-runners would do much better, although I would hope that they would defer more to experts. I do think that if this turns into a major disaster or there is any other kind of major disaster within the next five years, the U.S. and its people will be FUBAR.)

Old 03-03-2020, 06:26 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Below is a link. It is where you want to be for information, advisories, and options for you and your family. It is factual, accurate and helpful. Many links within this page are essentially the most useful source of data and advice.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...rsn=63a4f9f2_2

Old 03-03-2020, 06:27 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Does not have the Sarasota and Manatee cases there yet. Only one in Hillsborough (Tampa).

The cases down here have likely exposed many as health care workers from the Hospital are now being quarantined and the local military academy (someone works there and at the hospital) shut down and disinfected.

This is moving too fast for them to follow.....remember, if testing cannot be done then cases cannot be confirmed. I would say that map lags by at least a couple weeks due to testing alone. AND, if spread is exponential, that means a lot.

I hope I am wrong but don't see the errors in my statements...if you don't test people....well, then they don't have it!

If there was a one day test available no questions asked that chart would look a lot different. But when a top doc at a top hospital has to BEG for ONE TEST....well, I think you know the score then.
So, you just run around stating as fact, something that you don't know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies